Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Seat too slick...

Go down 
+4
MikeO
tarmacburner2
tinman
SCTLVR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello all,
I searched under slick seat and found plenty of good info on seat covers and cleaning but nothing for the problem I'm having. First, no I have not cleaned it with anything that would make it slick in the first place.
My seat is so slick that it's causing me some safety concerns. I want to be able to "anchor" myself to the seat especially during cornering and braking and I could easily slide off mine under the wrong conditions; a bit disconcerting.
Any ideas?
I don't really want to spend the $'s, since otherwise the seat is great, but do Corbin seats have good adhesion to clothing?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 am

I shaved off 1"off the seat and sides for the same reason . I left the front un touch and I don't slid off any more. Hope that helps. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Non Slip Matting - you could furnish a seat cover that could be secured to the seat.
This is on Ebay UK but it shows you the stuff I'm thinking about.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTI-NON-SLIP-MULTI-PURPOSE-MAT-RUG-GRIPPER-GRIP-DASH-30CM-X-150CM-DURABLE-/130695445091?pt=UK_Home_Garden_FittedCarpets_Underlay_SM&hash=item1e6e0e3a63#ht_949wt_1162

Cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Oxford Products do similar stuff.

Non-slip tray mats would probably do the trick, too.
I have one I put under any bag I have on my pillion seat - very cheap!
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:40 pm

SCTLVR wrote:
Hello all,

I don't really want to spend the $'s, since otherwise the seat is great, but do Corbin seats have good adhesion to clothing?
Thanks.

Based on my observation (never owned one, but my son had two or three), they worked pretty good with leathers, but not fabric.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Honey works
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:51 pm

tankyuong wrote:
Honey works
Honey might work but it would bring on the bee's something awful. I was thinking more of a heavy sanding with a 80 grit sandpaper!! (sctlvr is gonna hate us) Laughing Maybe its time to retire those polyester pants!!
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm

If you want to save some money sew some second hand velcro onto your trousers and the scooter's seat, that should stop you sliding but the downside is that it will sound like you farted everytime you lift yourself off the seat. I would think a simple 'Whoops, excuse me.' be in order if someone were to over hear you. Lift yourself up two or three time and just say 'Damned beans, should never have eaten the whole tin!'

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:18 pm

I thought about this for awhile---think you are approaching the problem all wrong----sitting position, are your forcing your butt into the butt stop ( and is it properly adjusted?), feet up in the wells? Push right, you go right, etc. You are anchored to the seat and bike as best can be done on scooter. Feet and legs very important to 2 wheel control, while scooters lack tank to hold onto with knees or foot pegs to stand up on---pushing your butt into butt stop is very effective. Sitting on the scooter like you are on the toliet leaves something to be desired in the control dept. My take.
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi John.
What you describe works as long as I stay in that position. I like to point a knee in the direction of turn and also like to tuck my feet as much as possible underneath me, sportbike style. This is when the seat doesn't support me enough.
Some good ideas here, thanks.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 pm

I would say---- as it is a scooter (putt-putt) knees should stay in, feet pointing straight ahead----scooters work fine within in their handling/tire limits----I only speak from over 1.5 million miles (2 wheel) on public roads. Nothing is gained from goofy riding positions. Want knee dragging, get zip bike.....and then even necessary? probably better knees on tank feetpointing straight ahead.

Their is Japanese film/video somewhere out there---SilverWing really ridden hard/right-----no knees out.

sorry.
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:26 pm

John,
The question is how to make the seat less slick, not how to ride. However, your feedback is appreciated and weighted accordingly.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seat too slick... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat too slick...   Seat too slick... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat too slick...
Page 1 of 1