Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Darkside discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Darkside discussion Empty
PostSubject: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 pm

tinman wrote:
Just finish installing a Dark Side tire. a 155 70 13 Hercules Raptis TR1.I believe that it is the first DS tire of that size to be install on a Swing.It was very easy to install and took less psi to seat the bead. 2 oz Counteract bead were was all it took to balance.So far I spun the tire on the centre stand,with no vibration. I am going for a 100 KL run In one hour and will give a better report later.

Isn't there a special section for this stuff so that the forum doesn't get all jammed up with car tire talk?

Could the mods move the post above and delete mine once done? And remind the car tire afficionados about their special place?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: 155 70 13 Hercules Raptis TR1   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:09 pm

For your information I went on Silverwing DS google forum and this came up.(deleted comment by moderator. disrespect of another member is not allowed).It was not my intention to go on a non DS forum . I wish to share my DS review with other DS riders . If this forum site is not a DS then the admi should remove it from DS Google search.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:27 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
Isn't there a special section for this stuff so that the forum doesn't get all jammed up with car tire talk?

Could the mods move the post above and delete mine once done? And remind the car tire afficionados about their special place?

The poster chooses not the other members.

If the poster would like to post to the open forum they are allowed ... which would allow for both experienced and in-experienced Darkside car tires to post to to the thread.

If the post would like to post to the private Darkside car tire section (which requires private group permission)
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum::Honda Silver Wing::Accessories & Modifications::Darkside Car Tire::Darkside Car Tire Experience

Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:50 am

honda_silver wrote:
jdeereanton wrote:

The poster chooses not the other members.
And yet the post was moved, and as the poster states he wanted to share with other car tire users. I was trying to avoid the acrimony that erupts from members who are not interested in car tire discussion.

honda_silver wrote:
If the poster would like to post to the open forum they are allowed ... which would allow for both experienced and in-experienced Darkside car tires to post to to the thread.
I understand that, yet you created a place for car tire posts and invited those who were interested to join. Has that changed?

honda_silver wrote:
If the post would like to post to the private Darkside car tire section (which requires private group permission) Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum::Honda Silver Wing::Accessories & Modifications::Darkside Car Tire::Darkside Car Tire Experience
And thank you for taking the time to publically chastise me. I'm just trying to conform to the myriad of rules you've established. I had asked if you would remove my post once the other was moved (did move the other). but you took that as an opportunity to repost it publically rather than address me privately - good call.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 am

tinman wrote:
For your information I went on Silverwing DS google forum and this came up.If I am pissing on your parade live with it.It was not my intention to go on a non DS forum . I wish to share my DS review with other DS riders . If this forum site is not a DS then the admi should remove it from DS Google search.

tinman,

Thank you for the advice that I am just to "...live with it." Not the proper forum posting tone.

Last edited by jdeereanton on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 am

tinman,

This site created a separate section just for this, because there has been a lot of problems with members getting upset with people who use 'darkside' tires. So Dale was just asking about the rules that were set. Dale used to be an "admin' here so he knows that certain subjects can be very sensitive.

I realize you don't have that many posts but when posts are made, in what could be the wrong section, other members will chime in to request that they be moved to the correct section. This helps to keep the site clean and organized.

Edited on 7-29: comment by tinman towards another member has been deleted and noted in tinman's post.

Thanks.

Last edited by JeffR_ on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:08 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
tinman,

This site created a separate section just for this, because there has been a lot of problems with members getting upset with people who use 'darkside' tires. So Dale was just asking about the rules that were set. Dale used to be an "admin' here so he knows that certain subjects can be very sensitive.

I realize you don't have that many posts but when posts are made, in what could be the wrong section, other members will chime in to request that they be moved to the correct section. This helps to keep the site clean and organized. Thanks.

applause
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkside discussion   Darkside discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkside discussion
Page 1 of 1