Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???

Go down 
+47
terrier
arskal
The Bern
Easyrider
AldusFran
Dale N.
GoonerKev
bikehiker
Osprey
exavid
petrolderek
bandito2
WingMan02
DickO
NWSSC
Sknrdtec
tinman
lalee
Cosmic_Jumper
AncientBriton
Mike from NS
billc.
cotetoi
Colin B
Atrick
ScottO
Bluemoon
scooterboyz
Meldrew
Waspie
almagor
jobo2mi
mrcaveman
DarthJ
The Scootist
Old Limey
GHM-PM
surlybiker58
MikeO
Dimond
Ishkatan
"Hi Yo"
model28a
cjuzda
dspevack
mike_reffner
mjm1942
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mjm1942
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mjm1942

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-03-27

Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,
Looking for helpful tips to get the bike on its centre stand. This is something I have been "struggling" with since I got my bike a few weeks ago. I'm not a big guy but not that little either. At 5'7" and 160 lbs I should be able to do it but it is a real struggle and I have even (embarassingly) had to ask my wife to help. Even then it's tough. Is there a secret??
Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I can and do use the side stand with the plastic side stand puck I carry on the scooter under the foot of the extended side stand. I also have a 5" square of scrap alloy checker plate I've had for donkey's years and use for the same job.

I also have a plate that I made for this purpose so would use the sidestand in soft stuff.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:11 pm

+ one more for the sidestand with a puck.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 am

Me too.
I have a long piece of string attached to it so I don't have to reach down to retrieve it - idea pinched from ColinB.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:13 am

MikeO wrote:
Me too.
I have a long piece of string attached to it so I don't have to reach down to retrieve it - idea pinched from ColinB.

I did this also! works slick too.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:39 pm

The solution that I have posted in several places in one variation or another and applicable to just about any bike that uses a center stand should do the trick.  No welding onto or cutting off of the bike's parts is necessary.

Ride the rear wheel up onto a 4 to 5" dia. X 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick puck that one uses for the side stand. With the rear wheel setting surely atop the puck, perform the rest of the procedure as normal. Once the bike is on the stand, slide the puck out from under the wheel and stow it.

Rolling just the bike's rear wheel atop just about any 1/2 inch or so thick piece of wood or whatever is simple enough because the bike can do that work under its own power. Rolling it up manually is easy too.  One only needs to make sure that the center stand is not impeded by the device used under the wheel. The rear wheel sitting on top of the puck or piece of wood is like having the bike already lifted the first 1/2 inch.
Getting it the rest of the way onto the center stand is far easier then. Try it and see bounce  cheers

Back to top Go down
petrolderek
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
petrolderek

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:36 pm

I have only just seen this topic today. I thought it was only me who found it tricky to put the bike on the stand. I was also having problems pushing the bike back and moving it about. It nearly fell over couple of times so I decided to make a new centre stand fitted with wheels and a longer foot lever.
I can now get it on the stand to full height very easy and move it about in the shed. I am also making a 30mm thick block that will fit under the side stand it will be clamped on with one bolt.
There are some photos in my gallery of the main stand. I haven't finished the side stand block yet.
Derek
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:29 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
MikeO wrote:
>>I put down the side stand, lean the bike on to it, dismount, deploy the centre stand and heave the bike up then flip up the side stand to finish off with.

I cant imagine how you could possibly put the scoot up on the center stand without first having it resting on the side stand as you dismount.

But perhaps there is some Cirque du Soleil approved method for contorting your body so that you could raise the center stand as you dismount --all in one swashbuckling flourish.

Tim

Putting my BMW 650GT on the center stand was a bit nervous for me at first. The bike has a parking brake that is operated whenever the side stand is out. So you can't put the bike on the center stand when the side stand is down. That means I have to get off the bike with the side stand down, push the side stand back up and then put the bike up on the center stand. It's easy now, but the first few times felt shaky. As with my Goldwings and Silverwings before this BMW the most important thing about getting it up on the center stand is to make sure both feet of the center stand are on the ground before raising the bike. I just put a light pressure on the center stand arm and then rock the bike gently to feel when both feet of the stand are on the ground and then push down on the arm and pull up on the passenger grab rail a bit. Inevitably if you don't feel for the ground by rocking the bike it will be leaning a bit and the bike will be nearly impossible to put up on the stand. That goes double for the Goldwing with it's 900lbs weight.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:35 am

Just bringing this topic up again due to so many "new members" who might want to review it.  study  The "centre" stand and "center" stand are the same.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 8:23 pm

What does one do to put bike on side stand if she can't reach the handle bar and hold the passenger handrail?

I know. Use a jack!

I only use side stand and carry a 4x4 quarter inch piece of plywood to put under it when extra stability is needed.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 3:37 am

Can't reach the passenger handrail?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 am

MikeO wrote:
Can't reach the passenger handrail?

Perhaps a wee Osprey.

Are you tall enough to 'flat foot' when stopped at a traffic light, etc? If you are one-foot tippy toeing when stopped and also unable to grasp the handlebar & grab rail when attempting the center stand then perhaps the Silverwing is too much for your physical stature.

That said, someone here mentioned using a section of iron pipe to slip over the center stand foot lever to gain additional leverage to raise the scoot. Even with that a certain amount of dexterity and body mass would be required to balance the scoot when doing this.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks for the concern about my small stature compatibility.  The bike felt a bit much at first.  I considered going back to my original plan of buying a 300cc motorcycle.  But the price was so right!

I can put both feet firmly on the ground.  My torso is more compact, making a long reach difficult.  In fact, I adjusted handlebars as close as possible.

I'm happy with my growing abilities for handling the Swing.  Figuring out the center of balance and practicing the Ride Like a Pro exercises are doing the trick.  I'm about half way through the course and plan to finish by adjusting course to the motorcycle police standards. Let the games begin after that.  I'm challenging my neighbor to a dual!

Back to moving bike onto center stand.  A full grip on the passenger rail requires me to turn the handle bars to for a grip on the left side.  Hence, no easy way up with front wheel no longer straight.

I can push the bike from the side, even up an incline for a bit.  That's with me putting the emphais on the front handle bar with the use of three fingers gripping the passenger rail.

We have a vinyl floor over the cement in our barn "garage."  I used it to practice picking the bike up.  So, I can do that.

Definitely will always need help or try one of the tricks mentioned above to put it up on the stand.

As always, thanks for your thoughts and comments.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm

exavid wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
MikeO wrote:
>>I put down the side stand, lean the bike on to it, dismount, deploy the centre stand and heave the bike up then flip up the side stand to finish off with.

I cant imagine how you could possibly put the scoot up on the center stand without first having it resting on the side stand as you dismount.

But perhaps there is some Cirque du Soleil approved method for contorting your body so that you could raise the center stand as you dismount --all in one swashbuckling flourish.

Tim

Putting my BMW 650GT on the center stand was a bit nervous for me at first. The bike has a parking brake that is operated whenever the side stand is out. So you can't put the bike on the center stand when the side stand is down. That means I have to get off the bike with the side stand down, push the side stand back up and then put the bike up on the center stand. It's easy now, but the first few times felt shaky. As with my Goldwings and Silverwings before this BMW the most important thing about getting it up on the center stand is to make sure both feet of the center stand are on the ground before raising the bike. I just put a light pressure on the center stand arm and then rock the bike gently to feel when both feet of the stand are on the ground and then push down on the arm and pull up on the passenger grab rail a bit. Inevitably if you don't feel for the ground by rocking the bike it will be leaning a bit and the bike will be nearly impossible to put up on the stand. That goes double for the Goldwing with it's 900lbs weight.

Thanks, exavid, that's an additional piece of advice that might help to ease my stress about center stand lifting.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Osprey wrote:
Thanks for the concern about my small stature compatibility.  The bike felt a bit much at first.  I considered going back to my original plan of buying a 300cc motorcycle.  But the price was so right!

I can put both feet firmly on the ground.  My torso is more compact, making a long reach difficult.  In fact, I adjusted handlebars as close as possible.

I'm happy with my growing abilities for handling the Swing.  Figuring out the center of balance and practicing the Ride Like a Pro exercises are doing the trick.  I'm about half way through the course and plan to finish by adjusting course to the motorcycle police standards. Let the games begin after that.  I'm challenging my neighbor to a dual!

Back to moving bike onto center stand.  A full grip on the passenger rail requires me to turn the handle bars to for a grip on the left side.  Hence, no easy way up with front wheel no longer straight.

I can push the bike from the side, even up an incline for a bit.  That's with me putting the emphais on the front handle bar with the use of three fingers gripping the passenger rail.

We have a vinyl floor over the cement in our barn "garage."  I used it to practice picking the bike up.  So, I can do that.

Definitely will always need help or try one of the tricks mentioned above to put it up on the stand.

As always, thanks for your thoughts and comments.

I think we all would get better at lifting up on center stand with practice. I observed the mechanics at my Honda/BMW dealer who, when bringing the bikes back and parking them for the customers to ride home, lift them up with such ease, that it appears as easy as backing up a bicycle on a center stand. And many of these mechanics are smaller and lighter than my average frame. So, yes, it's good to practice a little.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:36 pm

bandito2 wrote:

The solution that I have posted in several places in one variation or another and applicable to just about any bike that uses a center stand should do the trick.  No welding onto or cutting off of the bike's parts is necessary.

Ride the rear wheel up onto a 4 to 5" dia. X 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick puck that one uses for the side stand. With the rear wheel setting surely atop the puck, perform the rest of the procedure as normal. Once the bike is on the stand, slide the puck out from under the wheel and stow it.

Rolling just the bike's rear wheel atop just about any 1/2 inch or so thick piece of wood or whatever is simple enough because the bike can do that work under its own power. Rolling it up manually is easy too.  One only needs to make sure that the center stand is not impeded by the device used under the wheel. The rear wheel sitting on top of the puck or piece of wood is like having the bike already lifted the first 1/2 inch.
Getting it the rest of the way onto the center stand is far easier then. Try it and see bounce  cheers

Thanks, Bandito, good idea. Will try.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 4:15 pm

I agree practice should be the key word here. I'm guilty of foregoing the center stand because I haven't put enough value on doing so. Really, all aspects of the bike should be important.

I like bandito2's suggestion. I'm going to start with his technique and then move toward bringing it up without an aid. Although, it may be having the aid is the best I can do. I accept that too.

Thanks for good exchanges on this subject.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 am

Surprise it! Don't plan the manoeuvre, just do it, much as a weight-lifter does the Clean & Jerk. Wink
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:50 am

Howdy all,

It's finally warm enough up here in the White Mountains to Ride!!!!
I'm changing oil and filter today and was able to put the bike up on its center stand without asking for help.
Thanks to Chris' instruction, using a 1/4" board and wearing my hefty chainsaw boots.  Two rocks and it was up.
Go Judy (my name) 140 lb woman vs 500 lb bike.  chickendance Thanks gang! cheers
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 12:21 pm

I am 5'5" and at first it was a bugger to put on center stand, but now have a pattern.........
I attempt to do it once but stop when bike feels heavy, then do it again straight away & up she comes, no real effort (may have something to do with forward & backward motion, not sure as not a scientist), just a newly retired F/Fighter
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 8:08 am

It's quite simple:
1. find a level solid surface.
2.Rear brake on, grab passenger rail,
3.push down on the centerstand till nearside foot touches the ground.
4.push bike gently away from your body until you feel the other foot of the centerstand hit the ground.
5.Stop pushing, release rear brake,
6.step hard and lift with passenger rail.
Sounds complicated, but keep the steps fluid and practice. You have to release the rear brake handle because the front wheel ( linked brakes !) has to move to allow the backward motion. If you don't release the rear brake at the right time, you'll never get the bike on the centerstand.
I am 5'3" and 150 lbs.

Jay.

Better have something better than slippers on your feet, or face the consequences !
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 8:28 am

Also what I do is to push down on the passenger rail so the shocks are compressed a bit then pull up. It sort of gives that little extra umph to get the bike on the center stand a bit easier. For me anyway.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 8:29 am

cotetoi wrote:
It's quite simple:
1. find a level solid surface.
2.Rear brake on, grab passenger rail,
3.push down on the centerstand till nearside foot touches the ground.
4.push bike gently away from your body until you feel the other foot of the centerstand hit the ground.
5.Stop pushing, release rear brake,
6.step hard and lift with passenger rail.
Sounds complicated, but keep the steps fluid and practice. You have to release the rear brake handle because the front wheel ( linked brakes !) has to move to allow the backward motion. If you don't release the rear brake at the right time, you'll never get the bike on the centerstand.
I am 5'3" and 150 lbs.

Jay.

Better have something better than slippers on your feet, or face the consequences !

Good instructions! I don't mess with the rear brake unless I am on an incline but then I am 6'0 and a bit (lol) heavier. The important thing is to use YOUR weight to push the scoot on the stand. I use the centerstand probably 90% of the time as it is simply more stable.

I did the same with my GL1800; and you haven't lived until you wrestle 900 pounds up on the stand. Once you have the routine down it becomes easy. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm

My 1994 Kawasaki Voyager had a two stage center stand which made it a lot easier to get an 800+ lb bike up and on ( easier than my Swing) . Maybe the swing doesn't allow such a large unit to be mounted but would help those who are not using the right technique .
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 10:01 pm

If all else fails, lay down a piece of 1/4 inch plywood. Drive over it until your rear tire is at the forward edge of the plywood. Now do all the steps as Cotetoi listed. Had to do this when both thumbs were broken in an accident and needed to repair my Swing. You can even fashion a small piece of wood, attach a cord to it and carry it in the glovebox.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 5:31 am

Keep it well lubricated, you would be suprised how much friction a small amount of rust makes.
Back to top Go down
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 11:59 am

This guy explain very cleary, how to put Goldwing on the center stand.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 12:33 pm

arskal wrote:

Excellent video thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Brilliant tips and looks so easy that way Wink
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 2:06 pm

The Bern wrote:
Keep it well lubricated, you would be suprised how much friction a small amount of rust makes.

We are still discussing centre stands here aren't we ??
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 6:12 pm

Don't pay no 'tension, Bern... I understand... They're all a bunch of bullies... Smile Razz Twisted Evil Smile
Back to top Go down
Max Q
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-02-09

PostSubject: Very good video, Thank You    Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 4:18 pm

arskal wrote:

Back to top Go down
Max Q
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2017-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

The video offered some great instructions on using the center stand.....Thank You for showing it!
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:20 am

DickO wrote:
Don't pay no 'tension, Bern... I understand... They're all a bunch of bullies... Smile Razz Twisted Evil Smile

Sad They're all being mean to me Dick, just plain mean Sad

I shall go sit in a darkened room & read a book geek study Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2019-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 am

Never had a problem getting it on the centre stand.

But I did devise a sure fire way of getting my scoot OFF the centre stand.

Start the engine, rev it up and rock back....

No, really, don't.... I managed to mono a Chinese 50cc scoot by accident doing just that. Completely forgot engine revs equal rear wheel going round...
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm

That's like revving the SW at traffic lights when the HD's show up !!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Jay
Back to top Go down
SirDrake
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-09-02

PostSubject: It's on at Last!~   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Thanks! I kept facing the bike as I tried to get it on the centre stand. Facing forward did the trick Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1549
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm

As I get older, I find that I'm putting my full body weight onto the centre stand footpiece as I roll the bike backwards lifting slightly with the sissy bar and holding the left handlebar. Seems to work.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 11:53 pm

The first time I saw a BMW K1200LT go up on its electric center stand I was terribly jealous. Just a bit of a hum and up she comes. Talk about a luxury.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???   Helpful Tips for Centre Stand??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2