Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Seat adjustment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:52 am

How do you adjust the riders backrest(Stock Seat)?
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:10 am

Lift the seat you will see two hex bolts. Remove them, reposition the seat to the desired location and reinstall the bolts.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:11 am

Hi Swing One,

This should be in your owners manual. If not go to this PDF and save:

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/assets/OWNERLINK/model/own_man/powersports/2007/2007_FSC600D_A.pdf

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:27 am

It shold be noted that they are socket headed bolt, I think that the size is 5mm, allen wrench. They will be overly tight the first time you remove them.

The page in the owners manual that describes them is 51.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm getting ready to have mine raised up to make it a back rest. I'm looking forward to a bit more back support.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:54 am

On a similar note does anyone know how to get a smaller back rest (fanny stop i believe in the U.S) i tried it without had great leg room but everytime i hit a bump i nearly snapped my spine because no padding under the hump
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:08 pm

mr fish wrote:
On a similar note does anyone know how to get a smaller back rest (fanny stop i believe in the U.S) i tried it without had great leg room but everytime i hit a bump i nearly snapped my spine because no padding under the hump

Some people raise the buttrest up for more back support ( http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/backrest/backrest.html )

I removed my buttrest ( not official slang word ... just what SWingers call it ) and put in a Utopia backrest ( http://www.utpr.com/silverwingnew.html ). I love how the Utopia backrest pivots into my back ... which is very comfortable as I reposition myself on long rides. I covered the plastic with an Alaskan Sheepskin.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback ive seen the extentions thats not too much of a problem its the firmness of whats left when you remove the buttrest 'I have looked into the sheepskin thing but in England it may well be wet most of the time as i ride in all weathers :union jack: Ah the blistering summers lol
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:29 pm

mr fish wrote:
Thanks for the feedback ive seen the extentions thats not too much of a problem its the firmness of whats left when you remove the buttrest

Are you talking about the plastic that is left over when the buttrest is removed or something else??
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:41 pm

I think so there seems to be no padding when its removed the whole area where the butt rest sits seems to be solid Sad so my choice is legs or butt not a bad choice when looking at women but not so good for sitting lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:56 pm

mr fish wrote:
I think so there seems to be no padding when its removed the whole area where the butt rest sits seems to be solid Sad so my choice is legs or butt not a bad choice when looking at women but not so good for sitting lol Laughing

The Utopia Backrest has a screw at the base that determines how far forward the Utopia Backrest sets. So I have the screw positioned where the backrest is forward ... keep my but away from the "no padding".

Please note that I do have an Airhawk underneath the Alaskan Sheepskin ... so I do afford my butt some luxury.

mr fish wrote:
not a bad choice when looking at women

Your seat choices should not change or dictate the way you are looking at women. :lol!:
Back to top Go down

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:12 pm

A bike at the dealership open house had those sheepskin covers. I couldn't help but touch them. Wink The owner of the bike came over and said hop up and see how they feel....Heaven, really heaven. bounce I might have to invest in those for the dry days. I bet in cooler weather they would really be comfortable although he said it is great even when it's hot out.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:19 am

driftwoodpoint wrote:
The owner of the bike came over and said hop up and see how they feel....Heaven, really heaven. bounce

They are ... I have for both me and the passenger.

driftwoodpoint wrote:
I might have to invest in those for the dry days.

I have ridden with them soaking wet ( no choice ), the skin portion was totally wet -- the top was drier after I ran my hand over the wool and brushed off the wetness.

driftwoodpoint wrote:
I bet in cooler weather they would really be comfortable although he said it is great
even when it's hot out.

I know it sounds strange ... they are cooler in summer and warmer in winter plus they have the added advantage reducing monkey butt by allowing air movement and reducing the moisture.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:31 am

Quote :
added advantage reducing monkey butt by allowing air movement and reducing the moisture.
I have no idea what that means but dosent sound too pleasent :lol!:

looks like im gonna have to try and find a sheepskin cover if they even do one over here
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:01 am

mr fish wrote:
Quote :
added advantage reducing monkey butt by allowing air movement and reducing the moisture.
I have no idea what that means but dosent sound too pleasent :lol!:

looks like im gonna have to try and find a sheepskin cover if they even do one over here

"Monkey butt" is butt irritation - http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks for explaining interesting website Smile never suffered from it dosent look pleasent
Back to top Go down

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:44 pm

I got a bead seat that I just love. It does the same thing as the sheepskin in that it allows air to flow under you and keeps you cool on a hot day. I ride mostly in my jeans and on a hot day when you got somewhere your jeans were a bit "damp" and not very comfortable Crying or Very sad My beat seat was for my Helix so I'm hoping it will fit the Silverwing. I remember when I first got it the information said if you think this doesn't work try it in cold weather...yikes it is so cold you can't stand it...so I know it works!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seat adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat adjustment   Seat adjustment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat adjustment
Page 1 of 1