Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi windshield

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eagle Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-18

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:03 pm

some time back someone posted that their new Givi 214 two piece windshield the top flew off, has anyone else had this happen to them if they have one. I'm reall thinking of putting this 2 piece windshield on but after reading that this guy lost his going down the road I'm not so sure. Thank's
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Givi windshield 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:54 pm

I believe it was Sir Meldrew who had that problem. I don't recall any one else. The checking of the fasteners seems to eliminate the problem. I believe it is more a matter of maintenance than safety. You might search under AF-214 windshield. I think ther was quite a discussion. From what I have read, it seems the good points outweigh the bad.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:56 am

I think only Meldrew had that problem. But I think it was because of his car tire he uses. Or maybe the bathrooms in Tennessee. frustrated
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:55 am

Eagle Wing wrote:
some time back someone posted that their new Givi 214 two piece windshield the top flew off, has anyone else had this happen to them if they have one. I'm reall thinking of putting this 2 piece windshield on but after reading that this guy lost his going down the road I'm not so sure. Thank's

You must have been lurking on here last July to have read that. It happened to me on the way home after having my latest Darkside tyre fitted. I was so shocked that I had to stop at the nearest but rather dirty bathroom, to throw up the remains of the chicken fried steak and a mess of greens I'd enjoyed earlier in the day. Wink
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Givi windshield 510-80

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:08 am

Meldrew, I thought they didn't allow darkside tyres. They had to be tires. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:34 am

"Hi Yo" wrote:
Meldrew, I thought they didn't allow darkside tyres. They had to be tires. Smile

Yes, and I thought chicken fried steak was chickendance, also according to the rules, real gravy is brown in colour/color not white. A little known fact is lovers of proper gravy also refer to themselves as Darksiders, there's a forum somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:39 am

Meldrew wrote:
"Hi Yo" wrote:

Yes, and I thought chicken fried steak was chickendance, and according to the rules, real gravy is brown in colour/color not white. A little known fact is lovers of proper gravy also refer to themselves as Darksiders, there's a forum somewhere.

rolling laughter rolling laughter rolling laughter rolling laughter rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:54 am

I've heard wearers of boat shoes also call themselves Darksiders, or is it Docksiders? confused
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Givi windshield 510-80

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:03 am

My fans, if I had any, would be dorksiders and a big bird's could be storksiders. :flower:
Back to top Go down
Eagle Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-18

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Vista Cruse   Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:45 pm

I was thinking of putting the Vista Cruse on my swing I went to our local honda dealer and they sell them there. From what I can tell if I move my right side break oil containment over just a little I should have rome to fit this on the handlebars next to the throttle, is this correct?? Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi windshield   Givi windshield I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi windshield
Page 1 of 1