Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wing not charging

Go down 
+4
"Hi Yo"
DennisB
viclavigne
Richooker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Richooker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-04-05

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey everyone, brand new to your forum. Does anybody have any ideas about trouble shootinbg my charging system? I traded up from a HELIX tp the SW-600; Love it, but I needtoget this thing charging. Any sugestions are welcome.
Richooker
Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:11 pm

How old is the Swing? Maybe its a bad battery if it won't hold a charge.

Vic
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Richooker,

Welcome to the forum.

I sure agree with Vic. Battery could be bad. You can take the battery out of the scooter and take it to an auto parts store and test it.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Wing not charging 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 am

welcome Did you try putting the topic "charging system" in the search function at the top of the forum. I know I've learned a lot going through different problems others have had. At least, it may help narrow the problem down.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 am

Topic moved.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 pm

To the original poster -

Many Silverwing owners have left the seat unlatched. This will cause the underseat light to stay on and drain your battery. Be sure that you have the seat completely latched (where it cannot be opened without the key), or better yet, remove the light bulb from the underseat fixture.

Having read this forum for two years or so, I would guess that more people have drained their battery than have had charging system issues.

Back to top Go down
Richooker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:27 pm

I mssed up good I'maffraid/ Itook my 20lbbattery from the Royal Star.Changed the trickle charger leads around on the 20 and plugged into the thickle charger on the SWing. It finally happened, I ran both batteris dead. Removed the twenty and took it home to charge. After charging I returned to the SWing and plugged it back without changing the polarity. I got a small spark; immediately changed the polarity back for patch. Bad news SWing was DEAD. Turned on the key and got nothing. I had read somewhere that there's a saftey on the fuel system that kills the system when there's a short. I hadn't unhooked the 12lb Swing battery yet. I'm praying that will reset the system. If anyone has information about this new problem PLESE post soon. When I checked the voltages on the system prior to this boo boo, they pointed towards the charging system. When the bike was ideling at 4k the voltage didn't pass the 13 volt mark.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I would listen to Terry (bigbird) because I taught him everything he knows. He will probably try to take credit for his information though.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

JeffR_ wrote:
I would listen to Terry (bigbird) because I taught him everything he knows. He will probably try to take credit for his information though.

Thats just because of low self image, you know how Canadians are.
Back to top Go down
Richooker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:02 am

Hey there Jeff, Terry good day to you both. Thanks very much for your patience with a newbie. I've been running at a bit of a handicap this month having surgery on the 3rd. Thank God I'm healing nicely.
1. 2003 SWing with 47,000 miles
2. Battery has tested good on voltage. It holds voltage nicely when unhooked and charged by trickle. While hooked up and running on center stand the voltageshows no sigh of increase, only gradual decrease. The Seat Light has been removed during diagnosing battery.

Oh yea, what is a Winnipeg? Just kidding Terry, you guys are great with me. I used to haul up your produce to the Toronto Market for years. As a matter of fact your natural resources leave me speechless. The fisheries, the game, the oil (thanks for offering to share), the lumber, and even the water (we'll soon need to pipe it in too). Not to mention Neil Young. Yes Terry I'd say the good Lord was very fond of Canada as well.

Oh yea, I haven't found the link in profile to change picture and add bike pics.

Thanks for your help guys,

Rick

Richard Hooker Sr. (SKYPE)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wing not charging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wing not charging   Wing not charging I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wing not charging
Page 1 of 1