Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial

Go down 
+51
Bluerider3
oldwingguy
Bairdb
PastorRN
riderSW
exavid
transolut
bobtheflyfisher
ken-z
JG
model28a
Colin B
Swivel
slapshot
scooterboyz
paul.delo451
cjuzda
ridr44
Atrick
Meldrew
alanferrari
Dimond
DaveR
marco
rock1973
MQQNIE
"Hi Yo"
RArch
EasyRider SilverWinger
surlybiker58
viclavigne
Waspie
JeffR_
robert
john123
honda_silver
Ishkatan
Texas Winger
Donodii
mikejambo
MikeO
bigbird
DennisB
tankyuong
jb1016
billc.
thomphoto
La Moto Mota
Opalsboy
skydad99
JeffR
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial Empty
PostSubject: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:31 am

Hi,

I replaced my XL Clearview with a Givi windshield and I produced this "Pictorial" for others who would like to do this. It is really a very simple process that only requires a phillips type screwdriver. If you follow the below document you should have no problem whatsoever. If you have any problems or questions please get back with me. There really is no reason to pay a mechanic to do this work since it is really quite simple and only takes about 30 minutes your first time.

Here is the .pdf format:
Attachments
windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial AttachmentSilverwingGiviWindshieldInstallation-1.pdf
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Mb) Downloaded 77 times

Last edited by JeffR on Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:48 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skydad99
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Unfortunately, I hadn't looked at your installation directions before doing my Givi installation and I had to remove the fairing directly behind the dash panel to fish one of the rubber mounted nuts out. No problem though, but it took an extra 5 or 10 minutes to do the installation because of my stupidity. Personally, I like the Givi better than the Clearview, but as they say, "to each his own". Now if I can find a buyer for the Clearview, which is the vented one, I'll be happy. Maybe if I put it on ebay....hmmmmm. Thank you for the directions. I wish I had read them before I shoved that nut through.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Rubber Nuts anyone....   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Jeff, in installing the light bar, I used your pictoral of windshield removal and read all about the being careful about pushing the rubber nuts through... well, I was careful and """ BOING !!! """" one got pushed through anyway... after taking a deep breath and thinking about how to find the little guy... lo and behold... there it was ... on the ground right under the scoot... just goes to show that some nuts are smarter than others... you had to fish yours out... mine was able to find his own way out. Smart little buggar. I rewarded him by cleaning him up and pressing him gently back into his little nest.
So everyone, unless you have really smart nuts and I bet most of you don't, (THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY ONLY ONE), be more that careful. You should be REALLY REALLY careful. Only took a slight push and it was out of there.

Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 am

My Clearview came with some replacement nuts. I have one or two extras, if you want them.

By the way, I couldn't work out the e-mail address yet, I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: givi windshield   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:21 pm

just finished installing mine...instructions were not detailed enough...product is excellent & looks great...I used the "little plates" as outlined in the instructions and did lose a rubber washer twice...since I'm 1/2 Polish, I'm a slow learner but stubborn as hell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:31 pm

levendoski wrote:
just finished installing mine...instructions were not detailed enough...product is excellent & looks great...I used the "little plates" as outlined in the instructions and did lose a rubber washer twice...since I'm 1/2 Polish, I'm a slow learner but stubborn as hell.

If you need one of the top hat black rubber washers, send me your address in a pm and I'll send you one (assuming I can still find them).
Back to top Go down
La Moto Mota
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for the pictorial it was very helpful but does anyone else a get a low speed buzzing or humming noise with the Givi. I dont hear it at freeway speeds mostly just around town. I didnt use the white brackets so it could be due to that but im not sure. Im thinking about putting the honda screen back to see if it is the screen or something else. All help is appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:03 pm

That's what I went to check on at the dealership today. Even the small one that Clearview makes, they make three sizes, it just too tall for me. I wanted it for some hand protection to keep my hands from freezing. Then checked into heated grips..not bad at around 80 bucks. But opted for some muff to go over the grips and I will see if that keeps the wind off enough to keep my hands warm. If not I will get the heated grips and just use them on low in the muffs. I hate my hand being cold... windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:11 pm

I just replaced the large Clearview on my 07 with the small one.
I'm 5'9" and the top of the large was just in my line of sight, but with the small, I'm looking over the screen by about 3 inches. I'd always thought that looking thru the screen was preferable, but I much prefer looking over with the small.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Something to consider when replacing a GIVI with a shorter screen might be IF you regularly carry a passenger. The normal GIVI helps protect the passenger from wind and possible debris. Shortening it may comfort the driver, but may buffet the passenger to the extent she would not enjoy riding with you.....just a thought...billc.
Back to top Go down
jb1016
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jb1016

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Going to buy a Givi 214 Dt from premier cycle acc. they say I also need the kit to install dt214kit .I see no reference to this in any of the posts . what actually is in the kit?? thanks for any help
JB
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:59 pm

Screws and 2 brackets that are thin aluminum
Back to top Go down
jb1016
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jb1016

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:40 am

Are the screws longer than the stock ones ? I read that most people dont use the brackets . so I guess my question is do I need to order the kit for $13.50. Seems like a lot for 6 screws and 2 brackets
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:49 am

Hi JB,

When you get the GIVI windshield, it should have the installation kit with it. The kit comes with 4 new screws and brackets to install your new windshield.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:50 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 am

Are you sure the kit isn't included already?
Mine was - it was in a sealed plastic-bag in the box with the main part of the screen....
....and according to the website, the kit is included:

http://www.givi.co.uk/Screens--spoilers/AIRFLOW/AF214
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 am

Apologies to Dennis - I've repeated what he said.
Back to top Go down
jb1016
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jb1016

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:14 pm

From the premier cycle acc page

GIVI Honda SilverWing ('01-'09) Spoiler 214DT

This replacement windscreen provides improved height and shape with the quality Givi is known for. The windscreen is easy to mount using Givi's mounting kit D214DT. This screen is clear tint and precision-cut shape. The overall size 24.8" tall x 23.6" wide.

This windscreen requires the purchase of the windshield mounting kit from the option menu below, unless you already have a mounting kit and you only need the windshield.

List Price: $105.00
Our Price: $94.50
You Save $10.50
I wonder if this is an older version because on some websites the model is 214 st[b]
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 pm

My screen came with the screws and brackets.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Talking at cross-purposes - I assumed it was the AirFlow.

My mistake. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Same apology from me... have never purchased the 214DT. Don't know if it comes with kit or not. Apparently not... I got the AirFlow as well. It did have the kit. Sorry to be so dumb... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jb1016
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jb1016

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:04 pm

http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/product/1772/givi-d214dt-d214kit-honda-silver-wing-2802-0929-windshield

This one comes with all hardware for $108 shipped anybody have any dealings with this company. I think I`ll give them a try. thanks for all comments
JB
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Outstanding experience with this guy. Used them several times. I made a few mistakes in ordering and they exchanged for me with no hassel. Use them almost exclusively now.
Back to top Go down
jb1016
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jb1016

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Thank you Its a done deal
Back to top Go down
mikejambo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Jeff,
your directions and pictorials were perfect. It took about 30 minutes to remove stock windshield and replace w / Givi. All the rubber grommets stayed in place. I took her out for a test ride. I have mirror extenders and the Shark audio speakers mounted to the mirrors. I have had to make 2 adjustments. The first one is looking through the windscreen and the second 1 is the steering. My mirrors touch the shield. Turning hard left the steering locks w/.out touching. Jeff I was also able to change the final drive oil. I have bought new roller weights for Jcosta variator and the weights are almost 1/2/
the weight of orginals {15.1 grams} The weather is getting better and hopes all of our S.W. riders ride safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks for the GREAT pictorial. I never would have figured the change out without your help!!!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Mike & Bob,

I'm glad it helped you out and post some pics of your bike sometime with the new screen. If you plan on doing other maintenance work there are other Pictorials too. And thanks for the compliment.
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:18 am

The new Givi arrived via UPS and was installed in 20 minutes with a nice 30 minute test ride. It makes a big difference. Thanks JeffR for the pictorial.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:00 am

Don,

I'm glad it helped you out with the install and enjoy your new screen.
Back to top Go down
Texas Winger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Installed a Givi 214 on my 09 SW today. Not hard at all, thanks to info in above posts. The instructions with it were very poor, not any help at all. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:16 pm

My used 2006 SW came with a Givi 2145 installed - and brackets and screws in a bag.

When I ride on the highway above 65 I get a lot of buffeting from _behind_. i.e. the windshield seems to be creating a low pressure area and air is coming from behind to fill it. My brother in law, a Goldwing rider, told me to install vents to reduce the pressure - or drill holes in it. Has anyone done that?

Are there other fixes that have worked for people? (Short of going to the two piece $215 Givi).
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Ishkatan wrote:
When I ride on the highway above 65 I get a lot of buffeting from _behind_. i.e. the windshield seems to be creating a low pressure area and air is coming from behind to fill it. My brother in law, a Goldwing rider, told me to install vents to reduce the pressure - or drill holes in it. Has anyone done that.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t1737-modding-the-givi-shield#14543
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Ishkatan,

I had the Givi before my Givi airflow and i would get some back pressure too. Even though I'm 6' tall with a long torso I could still cut some off and it still did a good job. If you can cut an inch or so off and it will help reduce the back pressure.
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: It's OK   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:16 am

Sorry about that Jeff. When I clicked on the PDF the first time it did not hi-light and when I went back to it the second time it opened at the bottom of my screen and becaue I did not have my window completely open I did not see it.
I have replaced my screen three times so that will not be a problem. I am still looking for the D214 installation kit PDF

JeffR wrote:
Hi,

I replaced my XL Clearview with a Givi windshield and I produced this "Pictorial" for others who would like to do this. It is really a very simple process that only requires a phillips type screwdriver. If you follow the below document you should have no problem whatsoever. If you have any problems or questions please get back with me. There really is no reason to pay a mechanic to do this work since it is really quite simple and only takes about 30 minutes your first time.

Here is the .pdf format:
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:42 am

john123 wrote:
I am still looking for the D214 installation kit PDF

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/21440/0.0.1.man_d214kit.pdf
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Does anyone know of a pictorial for the installation of the airflow not the 214dt?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 pm

[x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:51 pm

I second that; the extra work involved is next to nothing.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Oh Oh. Is this going to turn into a 'should I install the brackets" or "do I really need to install the brackets".

I think those who install the brackets are sissy's....nay...they are super sissy's.

This should add some excitement !!!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:23 am

Ah, but the Darksiders will argue that they install that tyre 'for a purpose'.
For the same reason, I installed the brackets....i.e. because they are there 'for a purpose'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:29 am

JeffR_ wrote:
Oh Oh. Is this going to turn into a 'should I install the brackets" or "do I really need to install the brackets".

I think those who install the brackets are sissy's....nay...they are super sissy's.

This should add some excitement !!!

You calling me a 'sissy'. Laughing Laughing Laughing

You have obviously never seen me riding!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks for the info., the pictorial I saw did'nt mention drilling any holes, that is where the confusion came from, I guess once I get the Airflow, I'll be able to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 am

robert wrote:
Thanks for the info., the pictorial I saw did'nt mention drilling any holes, that is where the confusion came from, I guess once I get the Airflow, I'll be able to figure it out.

The secret Robert like all things.

Take your time. Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 am

A tip:
Offer up the brackets, one at a time, bolt them in place using the two bolts which are already there - then GENTLY drill through the plastic, using the 'extra' hole at the front end of the bracket as a guide.
The threaded hole is underneath.
It takes just a hint of pressure on the drill to get through the plastic - I reckon you could just about do it holding the drill-bit in your hand.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 pm

I tried to start a 10 page fight but I guess it didn't work. If the givi airflow breaks on me and cuts my face badly from the flying debris (because I didn't install the bracket)...I will just laugh and ask for more.

Doug,

I followed you once without you knowing, and you are a crazy rider. On a 60mph "a" highway there you had to be going at least 15 mph. ''You a crazy man".
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm

JeffR_ wrote:

Doug,

I followed you once without you knowing, and you are a crazy rider. On a 60mph "a" highway there you had to be going at least 15 mph. ''You a crazy man".

Damn, that was me!!! Twisted Evil Thought I got away with it!!!!!

Last time I go over 10 mph in daylight!!! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:57 pm

MikeO wrote:
A tip:
Offer up the brackets, one at a time, bolt them in place using the two bolts which are already there - then GENTLY drill through the plastic, using the 'extra' hole at the front end of the bracket as a guide.
The threaded hole is underneath.
It takes just a hint of pressure on the drill to get through the plastic - I reckon you could just about do it holding the drill-bit in your hand.
Let me just add to this tip since I just did this procedure a week ago. When drilling through the plastic, the frame nut is just below the surface. So if you drill through and aren't careful, you can actually mess us the threads on the nut if you start drilling into them.

Vic
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks Jeff for the pictorial and everyone's comment and advice on this topic.

I replaced my OEM shield today with the Givi today.

Took about 45 minutes because I had to get everything organized in my
customary OCD way and took my time. Very easy project thanks to the info gleaned here.
The Givi instructions are basically useless even though it's printed in five different languages .
Probably could be done in about 15 minutes the next time around.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Surly,

Glad they helped you out with your new givi. Did you get the Givi standard or the Givi airflow? And how do you like it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial   windshield - Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi Windshield Installation Pictorial
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next