Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin Seat for Silverwing

Go down 
+5
honda_silver
ulflyer
DennisB
MikeO
drewscrew13
9 posters
AuthorMessage
drewscrew13
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Corbin Seat for Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Want to buy new seat that has both the rider and passenger
seat rest. I've been on line and looked at the Corbin and
if I'm right you pay so much for the seat and the back rest are
price seperate.
At the present time I have the back rest that you have had on
the forum using the stock rest and the GIVi back rest.
Was wondering if anybody new of any other rider and passenger back rest that could be used. If I understant right
the corbin would cost over $700 to install
Please help me on this matter

Drew Arlington,Va
2007 Silverwing with Voyager trike kit
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 am

I have the Utopia back-rest for me and Givi for pillion.
The Utopia is very good, or at least it is for me, but you do need to read about it as you have to compromise a bit if you fit it.
The Givi is, I'm told by my passengers, extremely comfortable and much better than pads on topboxes.
It's dead easy to fit, too.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 am

Hey Drew,

Here is a company that makes backrests for the Corbin saddle and they are under $100.00 a piece. I had one on my Corbin. They work GREAT!

http://www.harrisonspecialties.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=HS
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:32 am

Drew, you may have already researched the Corbin, but if you haven't you need to know they are very very firm....not mucy "give" to them at all.
For a lot of folks that suits them extremely well, but others can't stand the hardness and prefer a soft seat. I'm in latter group and the very soft seat on my Cam Am is the best I've ever had...in fact, the only seat I can ride a couple hours without getting monkey butt. If your existing OEM seat suits you and your passenger well enuf, but you need back support, theres several options a lot less expensive you might want to consider. The Utopia is one I've used on other scooters and they are very adjustable for the rider. Its a good product and if it doesnt suit you and you later want to go with a Corbin, its something you can sell and recoup some of your money. Not sure what would be good for a passenger.

I'm sure others will chime in with some ideas as well.

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:35 am

MikeO wrote:
The Utopia is very good, or at least it is for me, but you do need to read about it as you have to compromise a bit if you fit it.

As I recall, you do not have to send in your OEM seat to Corbin for them to build their seat. Corbin may (or may not) be using the original OEM seat pan ... so you would want to check with Utopia if they they know if the Honda Silverwing instructions would still work with a Corbin seat pan replacement.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 am

Corbin does NOT use the OEM pan, that's why they never fit right. Russell does use the OEM pan, so it does fit right. Both are a lot more firm than the stock pillows.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 am

I found my stock seat/backrest combination to be unsatisfactory for my riding needs (freeway, city, country roads, up to 4 hour trips) as I was sliding forward and getting lots of jolts to lower back/knees (I have lower back and knee issues). Based on input from this forum (thank you very much guys!) I decided to first try an Airhawk Medium Cruiser Seat Cushion (H.D.Neoprene bladder, 2yr Warranty) which I purchased from cli-maxridinggear.com for $130 (including shipping and taxes - I live in California - they are in Texas). I have ridden 3000 miles with my Airhawk and the results are amazing! I have used it in weather ranging from 50 to 100 degrees. Before the Airhawk, I was ready to get off the original seat within an hour - now I have gone up to 4 hours with the Airhawk - and could have gone more (don't know yet what my upper limit is). Before the Airhaw I used to tense up prior to a bump and then I would often receive a serious jolt to my lower back- with the Airhawk I don't pay much attention to bumps and hardly get any lower back/knee jolts. I am not trying to talk anyone out of a custom seat or backrest as everyone has different needs, wants, dreams, and budgets; however, I am suggesting that if either (seat or backrest) is not giving you the comfort that you want/deserve, then you might want to FIRST try an Airhawk to see if you can achieve a satisfactory level of comfort (and if you don't like it you can easily find a buyer). A big plus of an Airhawk is that it can be used on your other bikes should you have them or your next bike should you buy one. While a custom seat is on my wish list - it has dropped down considerably (now that I have the Airhawk) due to budget issues and other things that I would rather have. However (getting back to the thread), I appreciate the 'backrest' tips and this item has moved up on my wish list.

Last edited by Dimond on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:50 am

Dimond wrote:
While a custom seat is on my wish list - it has dropped down considerably (now that I have the Airhawk)

+1
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:52 pm

I also went with the airhawk pillow. It worked for me. I was going to sell my scoot because of the seat discomfort. Now I have put in 12 hr. days and get off feeling no monkey butt pain. The only caution is that it will lift you up a bit higher in the seat. It made me feel as if I was riding on top of the scoot instead of on it. Took a few staples off, got out the electric knife and shaved 1" off the top. Replaced the staples and rode 1500 miles in 3 days. I can now say I love my scoot. Going to Alaska next summer with the airhawk. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldgoat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
oldgoat

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Just this minute bought an Air Hawk 2 cushion after reading this thread. Also watched a vid on youtube by the maker, explaining how it works.

Hope I won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Does anyone know if the ride of an Airhawk2 (non-patchable or harder to patch - but cheaper) vs. an Airhawk (neoprene and patchable) any different? Just curious - I went with the Airhawk since it came out first - but I don't know if the ride is superior (or same) as an Airhawk2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corbin Seat for Silverwing   Corbin Seat for Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corbin Seat for Silverwing
Page 1 of 1