Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? Empty
PostSubject: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:31 am

Hi All,

Been thinking about installing a K & N air filter on my scooter. Who has the best deal on-line for this product?

I saw one on ebay for $42.44 with $6.95 shipping. Is this a good deal or is there a better price out there? Suspect

Thank's.....DennisB :D

Last edited by DennisB on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:39 am

You can go to the K & N web site or most of the auto part stores are carrying
their stuff. That price just seems high to me.

Wes
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 am

Hi Wes,

I don't think a auto parts store carries K & N Air Filters for a Honda SilverWing Scooter.

Here is what it looks like:

K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? Kand_n10

Thank's

DennisB
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Dennis:
That seems like a decent price for the K&N air filter for the Silver Wing. But as Wes suggested, try looking at the K&N web site to see what they quote for it. I think I paid $49.95 for mine.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm

DennisB wrote:
I don't think a auto parts store carries K & N Air Filters for a Honda SilverWing Scooter.

If you give them the part number HA-6002, they can order it from K&N.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi All,

I thank you all for your inputs. I guess that their is no one good source for the best price on the web for this filter. I'll just keep looking. Suspect

Thank's again,

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

If a person wants to switch to the K&N filter, will getting the "OEM type" provide a noticeable performance increase, or should a person get one of those special "cone type" filters with the special air horn (if that's even possible)??
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm

DickO wrote:
If a person wants to switch to the K&N filter, will getting the "OEM type" provide a noticeable performance increase,

It tough to quantify "noticeable performance increase", but I remember hearing a deeper throatier tone with the K&N.

Recently I was noticing a sound difference and I thought little sluggishness. After I cleaned the K&N the sound returned and I did not notice the sluggishness anymore.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 pm

wes_ingram wrote:
You can go to the K & N web site or most of the auto part stores are carrying
their stuff. That price just seems high to me.

Wes

Wes...you where right on!!!!!! cheers

Had to do a little lawn mower maintance today and went to the local O'Reilly Auto Parts store to get some 30w oil. I walked in and looked at a K&N filter display they had and asked the guy befind the counter if he could possibly get a HA 6002 air filter for me. He looked it up and said.......$38.99 with tax and you can have it in 2 days.

Worked for me and in 2 days it will be here. sunny

Wes.....Thank You! :D

DennisB
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Glad to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:33 am

Hi All,

I just wish I had a dollar for each time a Auto Parts clerk ordered the wrong part for me even after I gave them the right part number to order. Evil or Very Mad

After they handed me this small K&N air filter box and said here you go. I just looked at it and said it was the wrong one.

Then I said the part number I ask for was HA-6002. They told me the HA-6002 was $52.19 with tax.

I got my money back and walked out of the O'Reilly Auto Parts broken harted. Crying or Very sad

Well, back to the original question: Does anyone know where a good deal can be gotten on a HA-6002 K&N air filter? scratch

Thank's......DennisB :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm

That is such an easy thing to do, I think they did not bother
to make the applicants take the "Walk and Chew Gum Test."
I often wonder how do these people get jobs? Amazing.
How did they manage to quote the wrong price???
No answer expected, it was retorical. Sleep

Good luck,
Wes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?   K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K & N Air Filter - Who has the best deal?
Page 1 of 1