Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cruse Control for Silverwing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Cruse Control for Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:49 pm

cheers Is there any true cruse control like on the Goldwing for the Silverwing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 pm

David Viers wrote:
cheers Is there any true cruse control like on the Goldwing for the Silverwing

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=1876;hl=cruise%20control

The first couple are a true cruise control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:14 am

I installed Audiovox CCS100 on mine .It works perfectly .I had a throttle lock and I hated it .You can easily find it on the web .You need to be mechanically inclined to install it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Excell;
Do you have details on how you did this?

Thanks.
Nature_Boy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Sorry I didn't take notes when I did it .I am installing another one for my friend soon and I will try to Take pictures as I go .I tried to do that when I installed mine but the useful ones never turned out I guess I got to close .
google Audiovox on ST1300 they have a good write up on how to do it .
On the Silverwing you have to use the speed sensor ,and set the switches different .If you decide you want to try and do it email me and I will try to answer your questions . You need to be very mechanically inclined to do this .I was an auto mechanic for 45 years and have installed hundreds of cruise controls and it had me tearing my hair out . You will have to make some parts . I actually got a vacuum part from an auto wrecker.I tried to
post some links for you but couldn't figure out how to do it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:29 am

Cruise control! Nerts. I can see my scooter turning into a $25,000 Goldwing real fast.

Oh, well.

All I need is a Corbin saddle, Motorcycle Cruise Control and Laminar Lip. And brighter driving lights. And that's IT. I'll be set.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:29 am

mickey wrote:
Cruise control! Nerts. I can see my scooter turning into a $25,000 Goldwing real fast.
Oh, well.
All I need is a Corbin saddle, Motorcycle Cruise Control and Laminar Lip. And brighter driving lights. And that's IT. I'll be set.

Quote :
And that's IT. I'll be set.

Yeah, right, :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:32 am

Don't forget the reverse gear, Mickey
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:43 am

What no need for a larger hard case trunk or enhanced horn?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:52 am

What about the charging system, tire pressure monitor, GPS, grip heaters, cup holder, improved exhaust and variator, power commander, cruise boards Lit license plate frame, additional rear lighting, side lighting, aux lighting in addition to headlights, saddle bags, and believe me I could go on and on and on and on and on.

A fully loaded Silverwing can be done for about an additional 5k over the basic bike.
If you plan in advance, purchase all items at the same time and install them at the same time. You should also have your mechanic write down everything he does so he or any other mechanic can refer to his notes and understand what he did. Even if it costs you a half hour of a Mechanic's time to put it in writing, it will be worth it down the road.

Essentially a Goldwing for about half what a fully loaded Goldwing costs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:46 pm

I had that trrottle lock on my Helix and didn't like it either. I got one of those simple palm pads that just slip on and you can rest your hand on it and it really takes the pressure off of your wrist. I just put one on this bike and that's seemed to be all I need.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Bill thanks for the web site it was useful. When i get it installed i will be sure to post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruse Control for Silverwing   Cruse Control for Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruse Control for Silverwing
Page 1 of 1