Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

In case you wondered where I've been...

Go down 
+7
"Hi Yo"
Opalsboy
carlosw
honda_silver
PHXScooterBill
Gar Gentry
Somerled
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

In case you wondered where I've been... Empty
PostSubject: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I'm alive, but not by much. I went in for a simple procedure and they gave me the wrong anesthesia. Problem was it was done off post by a civilian doctor (TRICARE sent me there) so they did not have immediate access to my medical records. Even so the folks at the military hospital should've let them know that I suffered a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) during deployment. My primary care manager (doctor who oversees my care as a whole) explained it to me as the issue being that my brain doesn't have the "elasticity" of an uninjured brain and so couldn't process coming back out of the anesthesia very well. Damn near killed me. I found out later it was proporol - the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson. They could've given me another anesthesia and I'd have been fine. In any event I just returned to the Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) barracks from the hospital. Starting to feel more like myself now though running at only about 75%. Maybe you haven't missed me, but I've missed this place. I'll be around more again now.
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:45 pm

I wish you a full and speedy recovery, Tom.
Thank you for your service to all people who enjoy their freedom.
Back to top Go down
http://gentry.hugh@gmail.com
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Tom, best hopes for you and your recovery--here's to hoping for you running at 100% very soon. cheers Acknowledgement too for the sacrifices you have gone through for duty. You have gone through a lot, and hopefully you will have only good times ahead. Take it one day at a time, brother. As soon as you get back out on the road, we wish to hear all about it. Cool
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 pm

I am sorry to hear that you had to go through all this. I was wondering why we have not seen you post in a while.
Back to top Go down
carlosw
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
carlosw

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Welcome back and sorry to hear of the bad adventure. Hopefully you can recover quickly.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes Tom, I have missed you, but not being a worrier... I wasn't thinking bad thoughts... I had you laid back on a south sea island drinking coconut milk through a straw. Now I will be more careful next time you take some time off away from the forum.

Glad to hear you are recovering. Take it easy until you do fully recover. A lot of us here on this forum are grateful for your service and I know I along with many others are sorry you have to go through this pain and aggravation.

Praying for you.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
In case you wondered where I've been... 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:04 pm

It's nice to hear you're doing better. I've missed your posts. Maybe you should take Baldur with you and tell them he handles any mistakes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks guys, very kind of you. I'll be up and at 'em soon. I did so many great mods to my Swing thanks to folks here filling me in that I'm even more eager to be on the road - that and the weather here has turned gorgeous. Perfect temps and beautiful sunny skies..
Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Thank you for your service. Get Well Soon, sir!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend.
Take care. Smile
Back to top Go down
tubeck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 am

there is a reason they call it " practicing medicine"

"Winning the war one battle at a time"
Back to top Go down
MarkB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MarkB

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Somerled wrote:
I did so many great mods to my Swing thanks to folks here filling me in that I'm even more eager to be on the road

Well said, Gar. Thank you for your service, Tom. I'm new to the site -just got my 2007 Swing in Sept- but this site has been great for me both for the comraderie and for the excellent advice on possible improvements.

Welcome back. And Happy Trails. (Sorry to hear about the poor welcome, though. You (and all servicemen) deserve better.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In case you wondered where I've been...   In case you wondered where I've been... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In case you wondered where I've been...
Page 1 of 1