Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .

Go down 
+4
MikeO
Somerled
SilverwingInIdaho
AAAA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . Empty
PostSubject: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 pm

im the lone person on the planet that thinks giving your motorcycle some silly name is just retarded.

I ran across this guy at the gas station.

Me: Hey, whats up man, nice bike.
Him: Oh thanks.
Then he actually does a Vanna White presentation arm swing thing, and says.
Him: This is Shadowfax.
I waited for a curtain to open, or angels to descend from heaven trumpeting on golden trumpets or something, and when that didnt happen.
Me: Shadowfax? really?
He had a look on his face like he just realized how silly he sounded, and quickly changed the subject.
Him: so, what is that?
Me: Its a Honda Silverwing . . . . . . Just Silverwing.
He went inside and wouldnt come back out, i even sat at the pump and made 3 calls. As i was finally leaving, i thought to myself. " ill bet a thousand dollars he has a name for his dick too"

jocolor
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:13 am

Wow I would never think of any cute names for my bike or truck even thought I have a nice name for just about everything else on the planet.
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 am

And I find it utterly ridiculous to complain in a public forum about other people's tastes or preferences. Yeah that's just what we need to be doing in America - the same thing as everyone else. Russia tried that for 70 years or so. Lemme know when you realize how that turned out.
I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . Fam02

As for me, well I've been naming cars and bikes since the mid 70's when my older brother tricked out my green '75 Volkswagon Super Beetle with a Pinto engine and my girlfriend then named it "Turtle" because it looked like one but it sure wasn't slow. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:51 am

I name my vehicles because I want to.

One could argue that it's as retarted to name a boat as it is to name a bike.
Even US super-carriers have names if I'm not mistaken.
And wasn't it Enola Gay that dropped the first A-bomb?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:33 am

People name pets they own. Parents even name their children rather that letting the child choose their own name. I certainly wouldn't have used the same name my parents gave me.

Not sure if 'retarded' is the correct word, personally I would have used 'sad'

Cheers,

p.s. I own 'Black Beauty', 'Slivering', 'Licence Loser', 'Flying Shed', 'Windy', 'Min', 'BillyBongo'. and 'Load Lugger'. (But I keep the names in my head Laughing )
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:59 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
I certainly wouldn't have used the same name my parents gave me.

Indeed, strange people who call their two children "tarmacburner".
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:16 am

eddy wrote:
tarmacburner2 wrote:
I certainly wouldn't have used the same name my parents gave me.

Indeed, strange people who call their two children "tarmacburner".

I've known worse names, in fact I have probably been called worse. Laughing

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:03 am

Giving one's motorcycle a name -- who would do such a thing? Time to get Revere out of the garage, start my morning ride, and forget such foolishness.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:06 am

redeye wrote:
Giving one's motorcycle a name -- who would do such a thing? Time to get Revere out of the garage, start my morning ride, and forget such foolishness.

+1. It was the way he "presented" his bike that made me laugh.

I stand by my statement, so far, from the responses, Im justified when i said "im the lone person on the planet that thinks giving your motorcycle some silly name is just retarded." And i didnt even mention cars, people, aircraft carriers, pets, and somehow, the fall of Soviet Russia?

And it wasnt even a Shadow, it was a Vulcan. Im thinking it should have been named Spock, or Pom-far, or, live long and prosper or something. But really, if you would have seen the way he did the Vanna White thing, you would have been hard pressed not to laugh!
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Tagg wrote:
redeye wrote:

+1. It was the way he "presented" his bike that made me laugh.

I stand by my statement, so far, from the responses, Im justified when i said "im the lone person on the planet that thinks giving your motorcycle some silly name is just retarded." And i didnt even mention cars, people, aircraft carriers, pets, and somehow, the fall of Soviet Russia?

And it wasnt even a Shadow, it was a Vulcan. Im thinking it should have been named Spock, or Pom-far, or, live long and prosper or something. But really, if you would have seen the way he did the Vanna White thing, you would have been hard pressed not to laugh!

Okay, sounds fair. Yeah, I would probably laugh at the "Vanna White thing" too. Speaking of presentations though, it was how you presented your post that fostered my and others reactions. However, text is well known to be a limited form of communication. So, no worries. Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Tagg wrote:
As i was finally leaving, i thought to myself. " ill bet a thousand dollars he has a name for his dick too"
jocolor

OLD JOKE:

A man pops into a bar to use the bathroom, which is locked and has to be buzzed open by the guy behind the bar.

When the man asks to use the bathroom the barman says.
"Under one condition. You have to tell the bar the name of your penis."
The man is in shock, as all the patrons agree and start rattling off the names of their members.
Finally realizing it is a gay bar, and regaining his composure, the man smiles and says, "Mine is named SECRET".
The barman is puzzled. "Why secret?"

The man replies, "Because its strong enough for a man, but made for a woman. "

If you don't get that joke, highlight the white area below and the explanation will appear:

Secret is a brand of deodorant in the USA that is targeted at women.
Their slogan is "Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .   I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . . I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have come to the conclusion that . . . . . . . . . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: