Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley Slider Installation

Go down 
+18
Cosmic_Jumper
MarkB
donkeyhater
Vealie
johnd
roadrunner
old fart
goldwinger
andyman
IDwingit
The Scootist
toolboxjesse
ThePPH
honda_silver
RAYJASPER
Daboo
bigbird
Gar Gentry
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Dr Pulley Slider Installation Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Completed the Dr Pulley Slider installation (26g) today and it wasn't as hard as I thought. Took my time, about 2 hours, but I did some cleaning while inside the case (dry brush, air hose). I went by the pictoral that JeffR posted some 2 1/2 years ago. Only have 3,080 mi on my Swing but there was a moderate amount of belt residue. Polished the roller/slider channels with fine steel wool but did not use any solvent or lubricant (anywhere). Did use an electric impact wrench to remove the 17mm variator bolt but my homemade variator tool is 30 inches long which can wedge against the ground while freeing up both hands for the ratchet. Manually torqued bolt to 76 ft/lbs as recommended by Honda service manual. Does anybody recommend using blue threadlock on the variator bolt? I did NOT.
My check ride today was only about 10 miles because it was 105 degrees outside but here is what I experienced:
A noticeable reduction in vibration (no more tingling in the handgrips).
A noticeable increase in overall acceleration, especially midrange.
At 55mph-4500rpm
At 70mph-5300rpm

Back to top Go down
http://gentry.hugh@gmail.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks for the response and for contacting Paul Wu at UnionMaterial. This was my first time inside the CVT case and I did consider using powdered graphite in the slider ramps but thought I should hear your feedback first. Will probably use some when the time comes to change the belt. Same caution about not using threadlock. There was no evidence on the bolt that any was used from the factory. Just as a reminder to myself, I almost started the engine with the variator tool still in the housing. Who knows the damage and possible injury that would have caused!

Like you said, I don't know how much difference in feel and performance there is between 26g and 28g sliders. I would think very little. However, there would be a 16g difference spinning around at 5000rpm or so. From what I've read, you might want to hang on to your J. Costa for that occasional "kick in the pants" thrill. For now, the sliders are enough for me but there's that kid inside of me that's always lurking.

Again, Best Regards to all you Teachers out there.

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:05 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Totally agree bigbird. I'm tempted to buy your J. Costa but once I start tinkering with things, I have a tendency to keep on tinkering with no end in sight. I am very interested in your evaluation of the Dr. Pulley sliders when you use them. My comparison is limited because this is the only performance mod I've ever done on any bike. Your tuned in experience may give me some more insight to my already favorable rating for sliders.

As for teachers, I've had some good ones (a few anyway) in my day. I never did that for a career (unless you count the short time I spent as a flight instructor). I'm not gonna let the "not so good ones" ruin my opinion of the ones who are truly called into the profession. The way I look at it is that we can all be teachers. There's a bunch of you on this forum!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:38 pm

bigbird wrote:
My attitude is if I can help or share my knowledge that's what I'll do.

Wow, very impressive teaching experience. I did not know but somehow it comes across. That's the attitude I've always admired and try to show to others.

In all sincerity,
cheers

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:39 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:28 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:48 am

Fantastic report, bigbird. I was right about your insight with the sliders. Everything you said gave me some understanding of my own experience, even with the J. Costa operating characteristics (which I didn't have). Can see no reason to ever go back to stock rollers.

Enjoy the ride!
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 pm

bigbird, if you find the graphite gets gummy with the belt dust, may I recommend a product I've used for my DPS weights with no issues. It is CRC Dry Lube.

Dr Pulley Slider Installation 41BgZxOpVlL._SL500_AA300_
This image is from Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/CRC-LUBE-06114-Image-Reference/dp/B001EX10GA but you can find it at your local auto parts store.

This goes on as a liquid spray but dries quickly leaving a slick surface but nothing to make the belt dust become gummy inside the variator. I spray it on the inside of the variator, on the inside of the moveable plate, on the DPS weights...if it moves, it gets sprayed.

Chris
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:28 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 am

If good throttle response, good maneuverability at slow speed and cruising at lower rpm is what
you prefer then maybe Dr.Pulley's HiT clutch is a good option.

get something about the HiT clutches from websites below,

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2845-hit-clutch-in-northern-thailand-hmong-school

http://www.burgman400.it/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28559&highlight=hit+clutch -- Sliding Rollers Weights Dr.Pulley su variatore Polini
--- Inviato: Ven Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am
http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/303125/Burgman-400-K7-Dr-Pulley-Sliders-en-HIT-Clutch-1.html --Lyonel 18 april 2011 19:43

http://www.xcitingclub.es/viewtopic.php?t=8344&highlight=pulley+hit --Embrague Dr. Pulley by Gordo Cooper on 28 Nov 2010 22:23 picture of clutch bell/HiT V4
http://www.xcitingclub.es/viewtopic.php?t=11975 --Embrague Dr. Pulley by Gordo Cooper on 2011,Aug. 17

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am

x

Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:52 am

bigbird:
I know we're getting off topic but I'm anxious to know more about your LeoVince slip on muffler when you get it (mainly the sound). The clutch thing interests me also. Once I start tinkering..........
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 pm

x

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Gar Gentry wrote:
I know we're getting off topic but I'm anxious to know more about your LeoVince slip on muffler

It might help others if the Leo Vincent slip on was in a different thread.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:57 pm

x

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:38 pm

I installed my 24 gram sliders ahead of getting my new Honda drive belt because I couldn't stand waiting on the belt anymore. I ordered from Ron Ayers and it was delayed in getting to their shop before they could send to me since they don't drop ship. Anyway, my impression of the 24 sliders is that they are a huge increase in acceleration and smoothness. I have a different experience to share as the 24 gram sliders make it only possible to use about 3,000 RPM and up from take off. Even at 15% throttle it wants to be at about 4,000 RPM to accelerate. I find that getting on our 101 freeway here in North Scottsdale I hit full throttle and get a massive surge as the tach climbs to over 7,000 RPM and holds right up to an indicated 72mph and then a noticeable RPM drop happens as the weights settle and the bike goes back to an almost stock feel above 75 mph. Overall, this has totally quenched my thirst for the J Costa. I feel that it might be disappointing now that I installed the sliders even if there is a slight improvement in acceleration and smoothness. I find that at cruising speeds above 60 mph I am under 5'000 RPM and that puts the Silverwing pretty darn close to my Honda Magna at the same speed. My Magna is still at 4500 rpm while cruising at 66 MPH and gets close to 50 mpg. I've ridden over 200 miles with two up and by myself and averaged around 55 mpg. This is significant as my previous average was 46 mpg. I'd highly recommend the Dr Pulley Sliders. I believe 24 grams is about the best you can do for combined blistering acceleration and cruising economy. I did several WOT runs by myself and with the addition of my 125 lb fiance. I will conservatively estimate that 0 to 60 times at 6 seconds or less with my 225lb frame and a full tank of gas an full sized Givi windshield. So my wing with a 130 lb driver and low profile windshield would probably be capable of sub 5 second rips to 60 MPH with the 24 gram sliders. I'm sure I will get BigBird's opinion on this one too. I didn't buy the Silverwing to win races but I like knowing it can get to speed quicker than anyone really needs to.

Last edited by ThePPH on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Improper wording)
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:19 pm

x

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:56 pm

BigBird,

at 60 MPH my revs check in at around 4700 RPM once the bike has settled into a cruise at that speed.

I did install the sliders myself and it took my a little over an hour and a lot of headache with torquing down the 17mm bolt because I did not use a torque wrench but rather tightened based on the idle of the scooter through trial and error. Once all the belt slap and play was resolved I realized I was at the proper torque but I will double check this today with a real torque wrench.

I used the dry graphite power similar to what you used actually.

My guess at the acceleration with 24 gram sliders and a lighter rider in addition to low or no windshield is purely opinion but I'm not sure that it is that far fetched. Stock run to 60 MPH happens in 8 seconds and I have heard as low as 7 seconds with a 15 second 1/4 mile ET. The 24 gram sliders at WOT jump to over 7000 RPM in an instant and allow the scooter to build speed until 70 MPH without change. I have to believe that Dr Pulley sliders are the best bang for the buck. I paid $38.00 for mine and $35 for my K&N filter so my mods have been cheap thus far and my scooter is extremely quick. I've got to say that I am very happy with cruising RPM, however I noticed that keeping a constant speed is a little more difficult because of the RPM drop. The scooter slows down when you leave the throttle at a constant position so modulation is required to keep the same speed unless you are going slightly down hill.

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 pm

where did you find them for $38? I see them for around $60 with shipping in ebay and buggyparts.
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm

toolboxjesse wrote:
where did you find them for $38? I see them for around $60 with shipping in ebay and buggyparts.

I actually picked them up from an ebayer autotech355

Last edited by ThePPH on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:24 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dr-Pulley-sliding-rollers-28X20-Honda-Silver-Wing-600-/160638618458?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2566cecb5a
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:32 pm

that seems too cheap- are you sure they aren't counterfeit?
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:47 pm

I am going to order a set of the 26 grams since nobody was willing to let me borrow a set. I hope I like them.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:34 pm

toolboxjesse wrote:
I am going to order a set of the 26 grams since nobody was willing to let me borrow a set. I hope I like them.

If not ... then I expect someone would be willing to buy them for a decent price.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 pm

x

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 am

craaaaap!!!!

Thank goodness for Paypal- I can always dispute payment if need be. I contacted the seller and see what he says. I have looked at other sliders on his ebay page and they all use the same pic, so I think it's just a generic pic.

Last edited by toolboxjesse on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added more info)
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:35 am

I just had a conversation with the vendor and he swears they are not fake. I ordered them and told him i will recommend him to the group if everything is on the up & up.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:21 pm

x

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 pm

No, but I think he is in Taiwan, not the US, so maybe he got an Asian inside deal ;-).
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:45 pm

x

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:00 pm

The sliders are legit because the packaging is authentic and everything. The instructions are basically just a picture of what looks to be the variator ramp with the installed slider showing you how it fits up against the inner wall of the ramp. I am installing my belt this week and am buying a torque wrench to properly tighten the variator down to spec. I know it was dumb to do it the way I did but I think I got pretty close to what Honda suggests as maximum torque. I'll know to what degree I am off once I put the torque wrench up to it. When I say it loses speed when I hold my hand at a constant throttle position I mean to say that at 60mph I am running at around 4600 RPM and as I am going down the road I might have to adjust by giving a tiny bit more gas than before. It seems that I also have the same RPM for different speeds depending on the load on the bike which I presume is to be expected. When coasting at 50mph I can be close to 4000 RPM and when slowly accelerating at 40mph I can also be close to 4000 RPM or more. My bike is running really well. I definitely like it enough to not buy a J Costa and my fuel economy is up nearly 10mpg. I just took a lunch break and on the freeway I was doing an indicated 70mph at around 5200 RPM so an indicated 75mph which is perfectly logical on Arizona's freeway system should keep me right in the heart of peak torque between 5500 - 5700 RPM!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:11 pm

x

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:13 pm

x

Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:10 pm

bigbird wrote:
ThePPH wrote:
I'll know to what degree I am off once I put the torque wrench up to it.

No you won't.
You obviously have never used a torque wrench.

You have to loosen the nut (don't use the torque wrench for that) and start from scratch.
Did you put a drop of oil on the nut threads and inner face of the washer as prescribed in the service manual before torquing?
That affects the torque application.

Honestly that is something else I forgot. I let my lack of patience get the best of me. I will park it until I have the chance to change the belt and I will put her back together right.

As far as the sliders. I see nothing but quality in the sliders that I received. If they are fake they are the best fakes I have ever seen based on all of the comparisons when reading up on them. They definitely improved my acceleration and fuel economy during cruising. I have no complaints except the cruising rpm seems a little low for the speed as far as maintaining speeds without using tiny throttle input to keep speed above 60mph. I do remember having to pay attention to my speed before but it seems to drop off a little more than it did stock based on the fact that there is less torque and horsepower at any given cruising rpm less than 65mph. Anything above 65mph is identical to the feel of the stock variator, with the exception of 70mph is more relaxed and less buzzy.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:23 pm

well hopefully my searching high and low for the best price resulted in something that can help everyone save a little money. autotech355 is offering 45.00 now and has various weights available. The package originated in Taiwan.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:50 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 am

x

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:48 pm

x

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:23 pm

x

Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Bigbird:
I just switched from 26g sliders to 22g sliders. It seems like my gas mileage has stayed in the mid 50 mpg range. When I crack the throttle the engine rpms jump to 5200 to 5500 and the accelleration is pretty darn close to what I had with the J Costa on my 2007 Swing. I will track my gas mileage and let you know how it does for the next few tanks.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:55 pm

x

Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:51 am

bigbird wrote:
Update:
I received my Dr. Pulley 26gr sliders today from the aBay seller located in Taiwan. They came in the Dr. Pulley plastic case with the Dr. Pulley logo. The only thing they didn't have was the Dr. Pulley installation drawing. The sliders themselves had the same stampings and colour as the genuine sliders. They looked genuine to me. Until I pull my 28gr sliders and compare them to the new 26gr sliders with both in my hand, I can't give a definitive 100% answer. As for right now, they do seem like the real deal. For $38 and cheap shipping from Taiwan, they seem like a bargain compared to what the US distributor charges.

Wow! That was super fast. Any chance you can post a real close up picture of one of the sliders? The stolen (seemingly) picture that quad squad88 uses in the ad on ebay is less than sufficient.

Did the new ones you received have the metal weight sleeve inside that you stated you thought was absent in your examination of the picture, as stated in an earlier post?

I would like to see one closeup if you could post a picture.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 am

x

Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:21 am

I bought 26gr weights from the ebay seller a couple months back. They also appeared to be the real deal as far as I could tell since I hadn't seen any other sliders before. I don't worry that the knockoffs could be an inferior material since the material cost of the sliders is a very small portion of the cost of the sliders. Also the way I looked at it was that I was testing the idea of running sliders and I didn't know what weights to get, so I got the 26gr. Next time I pull the assembly apart I'll order a set of 24gr since the 26 wasn't exactly what I wanted.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:15 am

x

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Slider Installation   Dr Pulley Slider Installation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley Slider Installation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next