Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated

Go down 
+2
IDwingit
AAAA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated Empty
PostSubject: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:56 am

Last time i looked, i couldn't find these in silverwing sizes, but motorcycle superstore has them now. real honest to god michelin pilots for a wing! S rated too!
Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 pm

i just bought new pirelli Diablos (fr/rr) for 143 bucks shipped.

How much for the Pilots?
Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 pm

dang. Wished I would have known about motorcycle superstore last week. Could have saved 37 bucks on the Diablos!
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I get all my tires from motorcycle superstore, or swmototire for my Track bike treads.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Fronts are in stock, rears are unavailable.
Basically useless if you want matched tires.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 am

I have had them on my Swing for a few weeks now- not super-impressed with them. I was kind of hoping that they would release something similar to the City Grips or the Gold Standard type tread, but this is the only game in town right now for Michelin on the silver wing.
I can tell you that the bike seems to skid a bit on hard stops, which my IRC stock tires never seemed to do (as worn and dry-rotted as they were). Not that they're bad tires, but I just don't like the tread pattern and wish for a more wet-weather friendly tread.
I have about 1500 miles on them now, we'll see how long they last.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:42 pm

I'd love to get some information on how they perform in rain. Not just the one rain in 100 days from someone living in Arizona or Dallas, but from someone who has put on repeated miles on wet roads.

I bought the Avon Viper Stryke once and found it to be an excellent tire on dry pavement. But I had it slip out on me twice in the wet. Perhaps I had it overinflated which contributed to the slips; the tire really needs to be down to about 30 psi in the rear, which is much much lower than I run a Bridgestone Hoop or Pirelli Diablo.

The Pilot looks decent and has good reviews from people on dry pavement. The cost is less than the others as well. Now if the wet weather traction is also good, that would be a great tire to use for the future.

Chris
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Daboo wrote:
I'd love to get some information on how they perform in rain. Not just the one rain in 100 days from someone living in Arizona or Dallas, but from someone who has put on repeated miles on wet roads.

I guess my wet driving experience will be excluded based on the geography of where I live ... not where or when I drove Suspect

Have you ever driven on roads that have not rained in 100 days and then get a light rain Question It is like driving on ice ... which can be far worse than driving on constantly wet roads.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 pm

honda_silver wrote:

Have you ever driven on roads that have not rained in 100 days and then get a light rain Question It is like driving on ice ...

Especially when using a car tire on the rear of your scooter deadhorse dealwithit
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Okay, I apologize. Sad :not worthy:

Unless you're using one of these on the rear of your scooter.
Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated HLvbpPz0TvUq8rIAzdWUB-0XC-EUQHt5zgixOJjG7fmm2sd7Mas-PRGrLzpnlbSbqvc33-DQft_xKjU6eLOuq3GtptVHZ1b_pTMzxmPteqlmQODwA6YBm7brl3gC24WJTp13UN21Yar_CMkoEoJ5D-Cmn64PRAIV1bm6a5l2_IPQiB5xkcECUH_yGJhb1xuiyUEd4kMZqW_dhB6T
When I wrote that, I was thinking of the person who responded on the TMax forum where the same subject came up. From what they wrote, they lived in southern California and rode once in the rain. That's not much experience to base a wet road opinion from.

Any tire will perform okay in a straight line. It is how it feels when you ride in the rain on turns that I'm concerned about.

Chris
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Daboo wrote:
Okay, I apologize.
Chris

No apology necessary, Chris.
I was poking fun at some members here who are convinced that the Sumitomo automobile tire is a safe replacement for the stock Swing rear tire.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:46 pm

On BurgmanUSA, I was in the unenviable position of having the most mileage on my 07 400, with a couple others a few thousand miles behind me. When I did my first tire replacement, few had tried anything different than the OEM Hoop. I got 14,500 miles out of the Pirelli Diablo, and had changed it before the tread required changing it. I like starting the rainy season with fresh tread.

I decided to experiment with a different tire when that tire needed replacing, even though I was very happy with the Pirelli. I figured it wouldn't be too much risk, and it would help others to know whether the next tire would be a suitable replacement. It's nice to have choices. Smile

That tire was the Avon Viper Stryke. After it slipped out on me twice, I lost confidence in the tire and couldn't wait to get to the point I could justify changing it.

A nice thing about the Silverwing, is you've used basically the same bike for a number of years. You have a history that other Silverwing owners can draw on. Luckily, your bike takes the same size tire that mine does and I can draw on your experiences too. Smile

The Michelin Pilot Sport SC is less expensive than the Pirelli Diablo. I know the Diablo works well in rain and wet pavement. It would be nice if the Michelin did too. If I rode in occasional rain, I wouldn't worry about it. I can adjust my riding for a tire that doesn't perform in rain for the occasional ride. But when you live in an area where it either has rained, is raining, or is about to rain...wet tire performance is a deal breaker.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated   Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michelin Pilot Sport sc s rated
Page 1 of 1