Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» She's Gone!
by Jolly Bodger Today at 12:20

» Just returned from 36-37 day trip
by cornishtrailsloth Today at 11:06

» air filter after a dusty ride
by cornishtrailsloth Today at 10:57

» Noise on Acceleration
by Cosmic_Jumper Today at 08:42

» Butt rest adjustment
by oldwingguy Today at 08:02

» The Silver Wing is TOO good
by dekare Today at 07:45

» Hello from the western suburbs of Chicago
by DodgetheRog Today at 04:30

» Rattling/clattering from PAIR valve...
by cliffyk Yesterday at 19:01

» Givi Monolock Top Case Mounting
by steve_h80 Yesterday at 14:42

» Cardo G4 Scalla Rider
by johnd Yesterday at 09:47

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 Seat jammed shut

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 07:44

This was a real pain as i was on a trip around Scotland late last week and the w/e and the seat jammed so that I could not open it and get at the gear inside the boot! Sad Not good....

The rear catch is opening OK, and I was able to squeeze some stuff out, but only clothes and the like... The seat appears to have either a 2nd catch around the middle of the seat, or has jammed, as the seat wobbles back and forth at the front end when the rear catch has been opened.

I have tried brute force, that didn't work. I have tried putting pressure on the middle area when turning the boot key, no joy either.

Anyone had this or can recommend a way to get at the inside? I did fit a new gas strut before I went away, and did wonder if that was jammed, but when squeezing the seat up, it appears to be free, and with pressure should open anyway.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:51

Someone needs to come up with a secret pull cord somewhere up under the side panel for things like this.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2786
Age : 67
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 6437
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:08

Hey Tag,

How about a solid "T" looking bracket that bolts in-place of the stock Honda center seat bracket. The down side would be the center of the seat would not lock up, but on the other side of the coin, a person would never need to worry about having that cable, latch or latch spring failing when on a trip. If a person just removed the Honda bracket, would the center part of the seat move from side to side? (If I still had my bike I would try that out). That's why I'm thinking a solid "T" type bracket.
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 166
Points : 3206
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 11:18

I've had this as well. The way I've managed to open it is to press down hard on the centre of the seat while pulling upwards at the back. I think the cause of this issue is too much stuff in the compartment.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:07

DennisB wrote:
Hey Tag,

How about a solid "T" looking bracket that bolts in-place of the stock Honda center seat bracket. The down side would be the center of the seat would not lock up, but on the other side of the coin, a person would never need to worry about having that cable, latch or latch spring failing when on a trip. If a person just removed the Honda bracket, would the center part of the seat move from side to side? (If I still had my bike I would try that out). That's why I'm thinking a solid "T" type bracket.

I just went out and looked at mine, and that would work, the downside being a lot of "getting down into it". From what i see, it serves no purpose other than additional security, and maybe a sure, tight seal on the box. If that's the case, anyone wanting in the box that bad is just going to take the whole bike anyway, it would take a while to cut into the seat enough to steal stuff.

More simply, one could just cut off the u bolt that serves as a latch bar in the front position. Unbolting it would be possible, but it mounts from the top, so you would have to tear into the top of your seat, remove it, then reupholster
it.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:09

wingnprayer wrote:
I've had this as well. The way I've managed to open it is to press down hard on the centre of the seat while pulling upwards at the back. I think the cause of this issue is too much stuff in the compartment.

Tried this with no joy! Where did you put the pressure, can you remember? This a real pain, I have gear I need out, and I want to use the bike again on Tuesday, 48hrs from now... Sad
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:11

DennisB wrote:


....on the other side of the coin, a person would never need to worry about having that cable, latch or latch spring failing when on a trip. If a person just removed the Honda bracket, would the center part of the seat move from side to side? (If I still had my bike I would try that out). That's why I'm thinking a solid "T" type bracket.

So I guess from this, that it may well be a cable operating a second catch that is the cause of the problem. Bummer!
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:19

On a side note. The projector beams in the eyebrow of the front lens idea is a bust. It works but there if far to much fabrication to make it viable. So now were working on using pig spotter mirror cases to accomplish the same thing, mounted on the upper, outside w piece between the windscreen, and the turn signal, looks like it might just work out fine!

And the cut back driver seat bolster is coming along slowly but surely!
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:29

steveR wrote:
wingnprayer wrote:
I've had this as well. The way I've managed to open it is to press down hard on the centre of the seat while pulling upwards at the back. I think the cause of this issue is too much stuff in the compartment.

Tried this with no joy! Where did you put the pressure, can you remember? This a real pain, I have gear I need out, and I want to use the bike again on Tuesday, 48hrs from now... Sad

The forward seat latch is directly under my 2 fingers, its more forward than you think it is.

Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 12:41

DennisB wrote:
Hey Tag,
If a person just removed the Honda bracket, would the center part of the seat move from side to side? (If I still had my bike I would try that out). That's why I'm thinking a solid "T" type bracket.

Dennis.
Looks like it also serves as a limiting device, allowing the seat plate to travel only so far down, so . . . . . . .
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 188
Age : 80
Location : Owensboro, Kentucky
Points : 3204
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 13:04

When I switched to the Corbin seat, I didn't install the center latch, and I've had no problems whatsoever. I don't see what purpose the center one serves.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2786
Age : 67
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 6437
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 13:43

A person could weld a small piece of the steel into the original Honda seat catch that attaches to the bottom, center of the seat and make it a no-lockable catch. The piece of steel needs to be the same gauge as the Honda round stock used in the catch...It would work.

Does any have the original Honda Part number for the catches (2) that bolt to the bottom of the seat. I have looked on 3 different Honda dealer sights with no results.
confused
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1974
Age : 52
Location : Miami, FL
Points : 5496
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 13:54

Umm...which latch is it that closes the circuit for the interior light to come on?
If its the front latch then that is a concern by removing or modifying it too.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2786
Age : 67
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 6437
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 13:56

Dan, It's the rear latch that does the light
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1295
Age : 72
Location : Rison, Arkansas
Points : 4606
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 14:13

Steve this has happened to me a bunch of times. Most times I was able to get it open by pressing down in the center of the seat. Once, that did not work and I apologize that I can't remember who suggested this, but it worked.

Have someone (or yourself) sit on the seat while turning the key to open the latch. Worked like magic. Hasn't happened again.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2487
Location : Winnipeg
Points : 5340
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 15:02

Tagg, can't quite make out the tat on your arm. What does it say? Is it in Spanish?
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 106
Location : California
Points : 2381
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 15:25

After installing the Utopia backrest I discovered that the original gas strut wasn't strong enough, so I installed a stronger one and that fixed the problem. However, after that the middle catch on the seat often refused to release because there was always pressure against it when I unlocked the rear latch. Because the hook was pulling hard against the latch the friction wouldn't let it slide back across the catch to retract. A sharp whack or two of the fist at that position of the seat always lets it release because it momentarily removes it from contact with the hook and it is able to retract. The person above who mentioned unlocking while sitting on the seat is doing the same thing - take the pressure off the center catch so that it can retract. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru


Number of posts : 1026
Age : 79
Location : Lafayette, Colorado, USA
Points : 4257
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 16:25

DennisB wrote:

Does any have the original Honda Part number for the catches (2) that bolt to the bottom of the seat. I have looked on 3 different Honda dealer sights with no results.
confused
Dennis, Honda Parts Direct lists the center latch as
12 CATCH, SEAT
77230-MCT-000
the rear latch as
10 CATCH, RR. SEAT
77220-MEF-000
The support bar as
19 STAY, SEAT CATCH
77250-MCT-010

I see no reason that the cable to the catch cannot just be disabled (at either end).

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2786
Age : 67
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 6437
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 17:27

Jon, Good try, but no cigar. The 2 catches that bolt to the bottom of the seat are the same and they are not listed on the web sight. If you open your Silverwing seat and look at the bottom, you will see the 2 catches that are bolted to the bottom of the seat. They are just not listed or shown on the drawing.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 18:16

Tagg wrote:


The forward seat latch is directly under my 2 fingers, its more forward than you think it is.


Thanks for the pic Tagg, I'll have another go in the morning now I have a better idea of where to put pressure..... Smile
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 18:19

craigory wrote:
A sharp whack or two of the fist at that position of the seat always lets it release because it momentarily removes it from contact with the hook and it is able to retract. The person above who mentioned unlocking while sitting on the seat is doing the same thing - take the pressure off the center catch so that it can retract. Hope that helps!

If all else fails, I will put some serious weight on the seat.... Give me 5 minutes while i get the wife.......

Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 18:22

Opalsboy wrote:
Steve this has happened to me a bunch of times. Most times I was able to get it open by pressing down in the center of the seat. Once, that did not work and I apologize that I can't remember who suggested this, but it worked.

Have someone (or yourself) sit on the seat while turning the key to open the latch. Worked like magic. Hasn't happened again.

Thanks Gary, I tried pressing down while my daughter operated the seat but had no joy earlier, I'll try sitting on the seat next. Smile
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 18:50

bigbird wrote:
Tagg, can't quite make out the tat on your arm. What does it say? Is it in Spanish?

Latin.

Where your life may take you
God goes with the holy warrior
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2487
Location : Winnipeg
Points : 5340
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 18:59

Tagg wrote:


Latin.

Where your life may take you
God goes with the holy warrior

Interesting.

Mine would say, in hieroglyphics:

"Aliens are responsible for everything"

Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:02

steveR wrote:
Opalsboy wrote:
Steve this has happened to me a bunch of times. Most times I was able to get it open by pressing down in the center of the seat. Once, that did not work and I apologize that I can't remember who suggested this, but it worked.

Have someone (or yourself) sit on the seat while turning the key to open the latch. Worked like magic. Hasn't happened again.

Thanks Gary, I tried pressing down while my daughter operated the seat but had no joy earlier, I'll try sitting on the seat next. Smile

Have someone hold the key turned, then give the latch area a good sharp rap with your hand.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2487
Location : Winnipeg
Points : 5340
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:04

Tagg wrote:


Have someone hold the key turned, then give the latch area a good sharp rap with your hand.

I'm not a big fan of rap.
Will your trick work with some Led Zeppelin rock instead?
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:10

bigbird wrote:
Tagg wrote:


Latin.

Where your life may take you
God goes with the holy warrior

Interesting.

Mine would say, in hieroglyphics:

"Aliens are responsible for everything"


Hmmmm.

Mayan, or Egyptian?
hieroglyphic wise that is.
Both civilizations had the same fascination with the sky. Interesting when you consider the independent development of each society
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:16

bigbird wrote:
Tagg wrote:


Have someone hold the key turned, then give the latch area a good sharp rap with your hand.

I'm not a big fan of rap.
Will your trick work with some Led Zeppelin rock instead?

Funny you should say that. I had a dream last week where someone was on the news and said that Mick Jagger had passed away, and that rock and roll as you know it, has died.
All of which has nothing whatsoever to do with a effin stuck seat latch! So there you go!

Long live the the Rolling freaking Stones!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2983
Age : 68
Location : Garland, Texas, U.S.A.
Points : 5927
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:25



If all else fails, I will put some serious weight on the seat.... Give me 5 minutes while i get the wife.......

Thanks for the advice.[/quote] Looks like we may have another member in the hospital and unable to ride. lol!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2487
Location : Winnipeg
Points : 5340
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:26

Tagg wrote:

Hmmmm.

Mayan, or Egyptian?
hieroglyphic wise that is.
Both civilizations had the same fascination with the sky. Interesting when you consider the independent development of each society

Definitely Egyptian. I am a big believer in ancient alien intervention. It explains a lot of things that the bible and science cannot.
What this has to do with a stuck seat latch is way beyond my scope of comprehension.

I had a dream about old man Soichiro Honda, who started the ball rolling. He came back from the heavens on a scooter powered by a VFR 800 engine, connected to a DN-01 style hydrostatic transmission, applying drive power to the rear wheel via a shaft.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 443
Points : 2977
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:40

bigbird wrote:
Tagg wrote:

Hmmmm.

Mayan, or Egyptian?
hieroglyphic wise that is.
Both civilizations had the same fascination with the sky. Interesting when you consider the independent development of each society

Definitely Egyptian. I am a big believer in ancient alien intervention. It explains a lot of things that the bible and science cannot.
What this has to do with a stuck seat latch is way beyond my scope of comprehension.

I had a dream about old man Soichiro Honda, who started the ball rolling. He came back from the heavens on a scooter powered by a VFR 800 engine, connected to a DN-01 style hydrostatic transmission, applying drive power to the rear wheel via a shaft.

Oh! That reminds me of something. Someone correct me if im wrong, but yesterday, i saw a brand new Honda pickup truck (with the funky sloping bed on it) that was a Harley Davidson edition! With all the badges and harley pin-striping and stuff, i couldnt believe it!
Back to top Go down
goldwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 75
Age : 63
Location : Canvey Island, Essex, UK
Points : 2328
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 03:26

I've had this happen too periodically. If pushing down above the first catch doesn't work, try thumping your fist down on the same spot. That worked for me a couple of times. I adjusted the catch after the third or forth time it happened and it's fine now. It was last year but I think the catch was not centralised properly, causing it to stick.

Ian
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 07:07

Tried all the suggestions here but no luck at all. I have eased the seat up enough to see that it is hooked on the catch, but it won't free at all.

I can see two nuts and wondered what would happen if I could slacken them off?? Hell of a reach though Sad

Failing that, it is bolt croppers or a hacksaw blade and cut the "U" steel part of the catch... Or can I get to the cable and give it a good tug somehow?

Later.....

In the end, I got a hacksaw blade, held it in a length of 1/2" copper pipe that I had flattened to form a long handle, and cut the hook off. 10mins work. On opening the seat, the catch appears to be knackered or the cable is broken, as it is not operating at all when the key is operated.

RESULT! Of a sort.


Last edited by steveR on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 08:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3058
Age : 68
Location : Salisbury UK
Points : 6197
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 07:30

Clutching at straws - a naff suggestion, too - is it possible to squirt some oil or grease on the catch to encourage it?

*Thinks* - or even washing-up liquid...

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2392
Age : 65
Location : Portland, UK
Points : 5473
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 15:45

Had the seat latching problem on my Burgman 400. It was p*ss easy to crack open. (When you know how!!)

I have had a few moments with seat latching but mainly due to my loading of the trunk. A few thumps and it released. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. Crying or Very sad

Glad you sorted though Steve, (sort of.) Bad news having to resort to a hacksaw blade!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 166
Points : 3206
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 17:18

Is there an easy way to deactivate (sorry not a mechnical bod) this middle latch? Whilst I've never had the sort of failure Steve has had, I could see it happening at an inconvenient moment. I can't see the necessity of this centre latch anyway. If a crook wants in I really don't imagine it will hold out under force.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 17:47

wingnprayer wrote:
Is there an easy way to deactivate (sorry not a mechnical bod) this middle latch? Whilst I've never had the sort of failure Steve has had, I could see it happening at an inconvenient moment. I can't see the necessity of this centre latch anyway. If a crook wants in I really don't imagine it will hold out under force.

Not a problem really from looking quickly, just remove one side or the other of the catch. Probably the seat side would be the easiest, without recourse to a hacksaw!! Smile
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Shropshire, God's own county!
Points : 2561
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 18 Jul 2011, 17:49

Waspie wrote:
Had the seat latching problem on my Burgman 400. It was p*ss easy to crack open. (When you know how!!)

I have had a few moments with seat latching but mainly due to my loading of the trunk. A few thumps and it released. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. Crying or Very sad

Glad you sorted though Steve, (sort of.) Bad news having to resort to a hacksaw blade!!

I was well hacked off that the "bump" technique was not going to work, especially as the boot was not really loaded at all. I guess everything fails in time... At least it wont jam again.... ever!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru


Number of posts : 1291
Age : 69
Location : Matheson, Ontario, Canada
Points : 3447
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 04 Dec 2011, 17:58



Take the side panell with the key off . Remove keylock ,disconect
the cable pull with pliers. after that remove the grease using break parts cleaner
The grease makes it stick .push in the center of the seat while pulling on the cable. YOU welcome
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru


Number of posts : 1291
Age : 69
Location : Matheson, Ontario, Canada
Points : 3447
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Sun 04 Dec 2011, 18:05

Read bottom of page 1
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 269
Age : 64
Location : Seattle, WA
Points : 3086
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Seat jammed shut   Mon 05 Dec 2011, 17:37

Yup...+1.

Chris
Back to top Go down
 
Seat jammed shut
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Seat jammed shut
» Seat latch stuck this morning
» HELP - seat stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
» Solution to Jammed Stuck Seat!
» GEL SEAT - GENUINE SUZUKI

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: