Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"

Go down 
+19
BlackFly
DennisB
Scooterian
CathyN
Windrider
honda_silver
The Scootist
thomphoto
Donodii
Sweendog
Kikko
dspevack
Waspie
joncallihan
alejom
bigbird
AAAA
roadrunner
JeffR
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" Empty
PostSubject: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi,

Well I think I will be banned very shortly from the other site. I had it with the last post by 'agwing" towards DennisB and made my last post..I'm sure:

Here it is in case it does get erased:

agwing,

Like DennisB said. This is not the original Silver Wing site but the Yahoo site is. And I bet there are older sites elsewhere in Europe too. The SWing site in Itaily is huge and have rides where 3,000 SWing riders were there. But anyway, it is a Sad Day when someone here makes a mess of their wiring just because the owner of this site won't allow others to post links for a very user friendly part that works great. Also, this is the only site that I know of that doesn't allow links for much needed info.

Don't you think it is strange that someone has a site for a bike they don't even own? He does this for ego not because he cares about the SWing or the members of this site....but pure ego. If I ever sell my SWing I will give my site to a member who still rides one. I won't keep a site for something I don't ride. But then again...I only care about the SWing and the people who enjoy riding them. There is no ego with me just the enjoyment of sharing things about the SWing. Ride safe,

JeffR
2007 Silverwing 30,000 miles

So I guess I'm done but I really don't care at this point. When someone has to mess up their SWing just because an owner of a site, who doesn't even own one, refuses to allow the sharing of info on his site.

Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Hey JeffR,

You aren't totally gone from .org; he still has some of your maintenance pictures up. You know, I bought my SWing when my Helix was totalled, and then went looking for a forum. I am SO glad I found this one first -- it's definitely the best.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 am

JeffR wrote:

Hi,

Well I think I will be banned very shortly from the other site. I had it with the last post by 'agwing" towards DennisB and made my last post..I'm sure:

Here it is in case it does get erased:

agwing,

Like DennisB said. This is not the original Silver Wing site but the Yahoo site is. And I bet there are older sites elsewhere in Europe too. The SWing site in Itaily is huge and have rides where 3,000 SWing riders were there. But anyway, it is a Sad Day when someone here makes a mess of their wiring just because the owner of this site won't allow others to post links for a very user friendly part that works great. Also, this is the only site that I know of that doesn't allow links for much needed info.

Don't you think it is strange that someone has a site for a bike they don't even own? He does this for ego not because he cares about the SWing or the members of this site....but pure ego. If I ever sell my SWing I will give my site to a member who still rides one. I won't keep a site for something I don't ride. But then again...I only care about the SWing and the people who enjoy riding them. There is no ego with me just the enjoyment of sharing things about the SWing. Ride safe,

JeffR
2007 Silverwing 30,000 miles

So I guess I'm done but I really don't care at this point. When someone has to mess up their SWing just because an owner of a site, who doesn't even own one, refuses to allow the sharing of info on his site.

You damned hooligan!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am

Don't worry Jeff. You'll be in good company. I was banned there several months ago as well.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 am

Bill,

I'm glad you like it and hope you stay an active member too, like you have been. I like others to post info from any site when it comes to scooters. And I'm glad you like your SWing too.

Tagg,

I really don't like to stir the pot but I'm just don't visit the site anymore really and it gets me mad that he will let a member mess up his wiring just because he doesn't want someone to make money on a product that is top quality and is exactly what the person needs.

Terry,

I'm not sure why some of us were banned and then reinstated but you must have really rubbed him the wrong way. But he sent me an email once where he doesn't think much at all about people who go to his site and this one. If I were to let it out he may lose some members.

Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 am

I was banned too, I have no idea why, but one day my account did not have permissions to post comments. I still read threads from there as a visitor when google gives me a result that is there and not here. Very sporadically.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 am

The owner of that .org forum must have an IP tracker in his software. I re-registered there under a different username, as he had totally banned me. I was OK logging in at home with my new username, but at work, even with new username, I was still banned. All I can think of was that my work computer's IP or MAC address had been banned.
I still browse and occasionally post over there. Can anyone figure out my new user id over there? The first one to id me gets...............
an autographed picture of John Grinsel.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey bigbird, how did you manage to get banned there? Try as I might, he won't ban me. alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Hey bigbird, how did you manage to get banned there? Try as I might, he won't ban me. alien

I went on about the merits of this forum. I said that this forum allows links to other forums and suppliers. So basically by posting a recommendation to come over here, he banned me.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Well done!

I'll have to try that. cheers
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm

joncallihan wrote:

Your obviously not trying hard enough!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Here's today's quote from John, owner of the .org forum. He isn't very nice towards Jeff or any of us actually:

"The site became popular and enjoyed a good period until another forum was started by JeffR who decided to use the success of silverwing.org to booster his site. I'm all for free market but I didn't need or use anyone else so I took offence at them using this site. A group of them started trying to influence this site and I told them to either abide by this site's rules or stay away. After many warning, banning and re-allowing access, they still continued to cause trouble. They are now banned for good."

I wonder if this John suffers from the "small d _ _ k syndrome".
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Well now, this is interesting...
I was unbanned last year after the mass banning and unbanning.
Since then I have stopped by the forum often, but never posted,
Never made trouble, and now I am banned too.
At least, this ID is banned muhahahahahaha!

In any case I have his entire library of
Media Links tutorials and how tos, and his entire P&A section,
(or should I say MY P&A SECTION Twisted Evil)
available to anyone who wants it.
What do I need him or his site for anyway?

Dan
Back to top Go down
Kikko
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kikko

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi,
in Italy we had the same problem.
Now here there is one SW club (with 70 people) and our SW community (two years ago 3.000, now 1.200)...

Different country...same brains! Smile
Don't worry cheers

Although, in our community, many people that have bought a new bike keep in contact with us and come to meetings riding his new jewel... This is friendship...this is COMMUNITY...
So..Go ahead, there will be always someone that can't understand!

motorcycle

Last edited by Kikko on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiografik.it
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Terry,

He has never been nice to me so I'm used to it. And in his email to me some months ago he called those who go to his site and this one, not a very nice name either. I can't get to his site from my home computer or my cell phone. Which is weird since I don't recall ever logging in on my cell phone.

Dan,

That's good you kept all of that and I wonder why he banned you. I wonder how many he did ban. He has also mentioned on his post that his site if FREE...and he used caps and said FREE 2 times. Does he have the members there convinced that only his site is free and all other scooter sites have to have a paid membership? He has said that to me before too so I wonder if others think that the other sites are charged to enter.

I also wonder if his members know he tracks all IP's that go on his site. That is kind of strange to want to keep track of all IP addresses. Seems like something someone who is paranoid would do. I also think he only has a couple of people there to know what they are talking about on his site now too. I know John doesn't know too much or at least never really hear him give technical advice.

Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 pm

The only Motorcycle forum I know of that isn't free is the BMWOA forum.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Kikko wrote:
Hi,
Now here there is one SW club (with 70 people) and our SW community (two years ago 3.000, now 1.200)...

Don't worry cheers

Although, in our community, many people that have bought a new bike keep in contact with us and come to meetings riding his new jewel... This is friendship...this is COMMUNITY...

motorcycle

Kikko,

I tried to post on the Silver Wing site in Italy but couldn't. It let me log in but when I tried to post something it would go back to the log in menu. If that is the same site I tried to get into they have a lot of good info. I think the owners name is Stravirius (spelling is wrong i'm sure). But there is a picture of about 3,000 SWing riders on a group ride.

Ride safe,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Just for the fun of it, I tried dn01.org, which is another site John runs for the DN01 bike. I'm banned there too LOL
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 am

JeffR Hello, I know this isn't the correct place to post my message, but since I signed up several weeks ago, I am able to post to an existing message, but will not allow me to create a new message, post.

I was going to send you a PM, but I can not do that either.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Kikko
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Kikko

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 am

JeffR wrote:
Kikko wrote:
Hi,

Don't worry cheers

motorcycle

Kikko,

I tried to post on the Silver Wing site in Italy but couldn't. It let me log in but when I tried to post something it would go back to the log in menu. If that is the same site I tried to get into they have a lot of good info. I think the owners name is Stravirius (spelling is wrong i'm sure). But there is a picture of about 3,000 SWing riders on a group ride.

Ride safe,

Jeff

Jeff... maybe you'r using a Mac? I've the same problem...
if you wait too long, cookie don't work and you log out.

Often I write a message, then I copy it and I do a new log in...

Stravirius...I think you relate to Straulino. He left our community...there was some misunderstanding one and half year ago.

"Our owner" is called StevenB (you notice something like this forum? :lol!: )
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiografik.it
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 am

I wasn't going to post on this subject as I don't use the 'other' site but curiosity got the better of me and I attempted and failed to access the site this morning.

It looks like the sad git has gone through the member list on here!!! I haven't used the .org site for over a year. No reason other than I don't like the format/look of the web site. I have never posted anything detrimental to the owner or other users. I have never posted links to this or other sites.

My only, (heinous,) crime is to be a FREE member of this great site.

JeffR I think you hit the nail on the head with identifying the owner a 'paranoid' individual. Let us all be thankful he runs a web site and not a country!!!!!

Long live the Honda Silver Wing. :not worthy:
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:22 am

Yeah, I just got banned from the .org! Posted a couple of links to this site, and plugged Dennis's stuff. I feel like I'm in good company now. I Was beginning to think I wasn't bad enough to get banned.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:27 am

thomphoto wrote:
I Was beginning to think I wasn't bad enough to get banned.
Wendell

When you're good, you're good, but when you're bad, you're better!

Dan
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:31 am

Sweendog wrote:
The only Motorcycle forum I know of that isn't free is the BMWOA forum.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? jocolor jocolor :flower:
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 am

Well:
I probably just joined the ranks to the "Banned". If so, then that in fine with me. The fundamental purpose of these forums is to promote the enjoyment and safe operation of these fine machines. If there is another purpose, then someone please let me know. JeffR, I am very pleased that you started this site. It may not be the first site, but it is definitely the best one for freely exchanging information about the Swing. I hope you recognize how valuable it is to us fellow owners. Ride safe...
DCC

P.S. - has anyone else noticed how little new information gets posted at the other site these days? It sometimes goes several days without any new information. In contrast, this site has many new postings EVERY day and they are all FREE... Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 pm

The Scootist wrote:
JeffR, I am very pleased that you started this site.

Originally the other Silverwing site was down due to software with an UNKNOWN ETA of when it would be back up. So JeffR started this site so that the people could still communicate about SilverWings while the other site was down.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Honda:
Thanks for reminding me of that. I am just pleased that he did it. Now we have a decent place to share information.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Last edited by Windrider on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:23 pm

I haven't actually been there in months and months. I actually forgot the place existed until people here started talking about it again. I checked it out to see if my account still existed.

Nothing much going on there. Situation normal.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Scootist,

I saw your post that was there before he deleted a few. Bill is right, I started this site since the Silverwing.org was down and also the maxi-scoots.com site was down too. I just thought it was strange that 2 sites were down at the same time so I started this one. It just so happened to have taken off and I wasn't really advertising this site just had it in my profile there and that I put my pictorials on this site.

After a few months he saw that more and more were coming to this site and I think that is when he got upset. But it is just hard to beleive that someone with a silver wing site is so against having info about the silver wing on his site. I'm not even sure why he keeps it going either since he thinks all info should start and end on his site.

But I think he is going through his list of members and banning those who post here. It seems more people are getting banned when they didn't post anything. He only has 28,000 posts in 7 years and this site is past 26,000 posts after about 2 1/2 years. He should just open his site up to allthings Silver Wing though if he wants his site to grow back to normal.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Jeff:
Yeah, like I said in now deleted post on his site: I do not understand why he would feel so threatened by other sites/forums for the Silver Wing. The more the merrier. Oh well. I am just glad that this site is available. Thanks for setting it up.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Jeff,

I agree thanks for setting up this site.

I looked around a little after I bought my Swing. I think I might of come across that site but never registered on it. I didn't like the format at all.

Bob found your site and I have been on it ever since. I like how it is set up, it's easy to read. I find myself on some other forums but I don't like how they are set up like this one.

Everyone here is so friendly, and helpful. Who needs another site. I usually check out links from this site for my information or I will go to another forum that someone has suggested but I always end up here
enjoying the comraderie that is so evident.

The only other site I am a member is the STO Forum. I believe they have changed the format of their site to be more like yours. Easier tro read.

Keep up the good work Jeff and thanks again. cheers cheers

Cathy
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 pm

CathyN wrote:

The only other site I am a member is the STO Forum.
Cathy

I just finished watching the final season of "Caprica".
Does anyone remember the name of the terrorist organization on that show? Twisted Evil

Yup! Soldiers of The One (STO) So I had to chuckle at your post Cathy.
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:59 am

I'm still trying to figure out what happened. The other site admin got his knickers in a twist because DennisB was "advertising" one of his clever components?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:06 pm

This started a long, long time ago. In a galaxy (forum) far, far away. cyclops A galaxy ruled over by the evil John Cooper. Free thought and ideas were not aloud and the good people revolted aginst this evil ruler and they came here to be free once again.

A picture of the john's evil galaxy in my rear view mirror:

A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" The_ev12

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Google now has our website ranked at the top when searching for "Silverwing forum" ... which should help future Silverwing'ers.
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:51 am

In Germany this forum is hit #4, the first 3 hits are a german Silver Wing forum. The .org forum isn't on the first side...
I think thats a very good result for a very good forum and i would prefer this forum on top Wink
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 am

I found this interesting information on the Mayo Clinic site...

Definition of Paranoid schizophrenia
By Mayo Clinic staff
Paranoid schizophrenia is one of several types of schizophrenia, a chronic mental illness in which a person loses touch with reality (psychosis). The classic features of paranoid schizophrenia are having delusions and hearing things that aren't real.

With paranoid schizophrenia, your ability to think and function in daily life may be better than with other types of schizophrenia. You may not have as many problems with memory, concentration or dulled emotions. Still, paranoid schizophrenia is a serious, lifelong condition that can lead to many complications, including suicidal behavior.

With effective treatment, you can manage the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia and work toward leading a happier, healthier life.

That last paragraph shows that John still has hope IF he will just seek help before the suicidal behavior becomes manifested. affraid
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 am

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

Didn't John try this banning crap once or twice before???

Somebody a while back sent me a blurb about John's Company, "Discover Linux" about how he was using the Silverwing.org as an example of the open source software that he distributes and programs for. Whomever did that, if you still have the link to it, please send it to me.

Thanks,

Dan
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Is this it...

http://discoverlinux.co.uk/

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Gary,

I know that's his site, but I believe there was some kind of press release or business magazine blurb or article that someone sent me which stated it clearly.

Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Existensional Issues!!   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 am

Waspie wrote:
I wasn't going to post on this subject as I don't use the 'other' site but curiosity got the better of me and I attempted and failed to access the site this morning.

It looks like the sad git has gone through the member list on here!!! I haven't used the .org site for over a year. No reason other than I don't like the format/look of the web site. I have never posted anything detrimental to the owner or other users. I have never posted links to this or other sites.

My only, (heinous,) crime is to be a FREE member of this great site.

OMG methinks I might have been black balled aswell.... Apparently I no longer exist...! Suspect

Well I was going to post a message at the "Original site" in order to catch up as I have been doing with all the other sites I used to frequent.... I was puzzled to find that I no longer existed as a member, yet all my old posts are still there.... I tried to re-join as myself, was even given a new password, and then got a message to say I have to wait 1.6 hours, or surf there for 1.6 hours, not quite sure what it meant, and then later the next day found myself classed again as "user doesn't exist"

But the original site is clearly wrong, cos I do exist!!!! LOL! bounce

Is it just some bizarre co-incidence that everyone else here has been excluded too... Please tell me that we haven't been banned or excluded just cos we happen to surf here? Surely not? Whatever happened to providing free help and information on the Silver Wing scooter... And all those bits about free speech and adult discussion, and not moderating free speech which is a last resort after being warned... apparently.... Not that I have been warned as such, though it is clear from this thread that something is going on....

Well how bizarre and what a great shame that a good forum should foul itself up on its very own principles... No

Ah well, I guess ignorance is bliss... I figure we shall just have to keep on practicing free speech and information exchange over here, and on the rest of the internet instead... Smile

Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:06 am

Bernardo,

The owner there is a strange person. He doesn't believe in freedom of speech for some reason. He is extremely protective of his site and isn't fond at all of people who visit his site and other sites. I have a totally opposite view where I encourage all sites and links here. As long as it isn't porn or spam really.

He also keeps track of IP addresses and I get the "forbidden" message on my home computer and my cell phone. I can go to the internet with my cell phone and it gets the same "forbidden" message. I personally feel this is pretty creepy where someone tracks others IP addresses. Just seems pretty paranoid to me. But don't be surprised if you were booted off just for coming here.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 am

Well, he definitely does come here on occasion. The only place that I even mentioned joining the "banned bunch" was here, this morning I see that I am banned there because I "wanted to be banned" affraid

Jon
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:20 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Well, he definitely does come here on occasion. The only place that I even mentioned joining the "banned bunch" was here, this morning I see that I am banned there because I "wanted to be banned" affraid

Jon

Reckon your right. I still maintain he has copied the member list from here and deleted us.

Like Bernado says - I'm still here!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Waspie wrote:

Like Bernado says - I'm still here!!!! Laughing

True enough and my bookmark toolbar gained a bit of space for more friendly things.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Waspie wrote:
...I still maintain he has copied the member list from here and deleted us.

I obviously am a member here and I am also a current member of www.silverwing.org - I do go there and have contributed in the past, may contribute again in the future. I visit probably an average that exceeds at least once a week. I have not posted much, but do at least enjoy reading a few of the threads.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
Waspie wrote:

I obviously am a member here and I am also a current member of www.silverwing.org - I do go there and have contributed in the past, may contribute again in the future. I visit probably an average that exceeds at least once a week. I have not posted much, but do at least enjoy reading a few of the threads.

Dale you are obviously a 'chosen one' Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Waspie wrote:
jdeereanton wrote:
Waspie wrote:

Dale you are obviously a 'chosen one' Laughing Laughing

You may be surprised how many 'chosen ones' are out hear.
I have to admit that I try to stay out of heated discussions as I have a temper and end up being the ass. Embarassed
Hear I have never had to hold back on any post I felt like making.This is by far the best site on the web. cheers
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Roger... a "heated discussion" on the other site can be as controversial as saying .... "I think DennisB on the silverwing600.com site makes cool stuff".

I know hearing that sure gets my blood boiling.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"   A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A "Soon to be banned member of Silver Wing .org"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next