Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tailpipe entenders

Go down 
+6
bigbird
masscoot
RickV
joncallihan
honda_silver
SPEDDY069
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 am

Does anyone know where I can get the tailpipe extenders that DaveR has on his Swing. I saw them on his album page and left a PM but have not heard from him. Also interested in the passenger backrest with the tailight attached. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pat
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 am

SPEDDY069 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get the tailpipe extenders that DaveR has on his Swing.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:S9m-ozDIn5wJ:silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl%3Ftid%3D4578+tail+%22extension%22+site:silverwing.org&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

SPEDDY069 wrote:
Also interested in the passenger backrest with the tailight attached.

Have you seen one before?

I have a Givi TB-19 ... when I do not have the topcase installed you would see a wide strip of 3M Solas tape across the TB-19.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:49 am

The right size chrome drain pipe from Home Depot or such.

The taillight is a Yamaha light on a little sissy bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:12 pm

To Honda Silver

One of the members here by the handle of DaveR has pictures of it in his album. That's where I saw it and wondered if he did it himself or bought it.. Thanks also for the link..
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Speddy069,

He did it himself. I've actually seen both of the things you mention. I sent him an email that you are interested, I haven't had any response yet though. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:23 pm

I have installed tailpipe extenders on my 2002 Wing - go to RickV in the picture gallery to view [sorry, I couldn't figure out how to put the picture in the reply following the FAQ instructions].

Tailpipe entenders Dscf1720
(Courtesy of jdeereanton)

Rick V Smile
Back to top Go down
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks for the photo and tips RickV. Heading to my local plumbing store for the pipes tonight and hope to mount them this weekend. Will take pictures and post them when I am done.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Here is the part and number

Very easy mod. Remove the nut and cut the threaded part off. I then clamped both pieces together in a mitre box and cut the exhaust tip angles. You will need to remove the Plasti-Chrome end piece on the muffler (only wrench the 4 in the middle the top and bottom hex head bolts are decoys)! The wider end slides perfectly over the SW tailpipe. I then drilled and tapped two #2 screws into each extender pipe to secure the extender. Slide on the Plasti-Chrome finish piece and your done. You will want to file the cut ends. I have pictures some place, but it is as easy as it looks.

2 chrome pipe extenders ($5 ea)
Tools needed: Vice, hacksaw, file, mite box, drill and tap for #2 screw and Hex tool to remove muffler end cap. Create you own shape or angle or leave them straight, either way post a picture of your completed tailight bling!

Looks like you off to the store while I was looking for the part number, hopefully you find the right one.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I have just one question.
Is the purpose of the tailpipe extender for just sparkle, or does it accomplish something? All I can see is that it will add slightly to back pressure.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Pure Farkle!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:10 pm

These extenders are not just for looks (although they do look very nice) they keep the end of the muffler from being stained with the moisture that is generated from the gases that are emitted.
The back rest is functional for a passenger because it will not only give them support for their ride but if you accelerate it will not let your passenger slide off the back which has happened. It also makes a good place to put the high mount stop light so vehicles like trucks following you can see when you apply the brakes. (see pictures)
Old Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 pm

DaveR wrote:
they keep the end of the muffler from being stained with the moisture that is generated from the gases that are emitted.

That moisture isn't pure H2O. There are probably some traces of sulphur from the burned gasoline combining with the water vapour to produce a very weak sulphuric acid. Water in itself wouldn't stain the shiny plastic.

I've never had any staining on my muffler end, so I wonder if the staining is a dependent variable of local gasoline sulphur content.

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SPEDDY069
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 pm

To DaveR

Can you tell me what you put there and how you did the back rest. I have a 9 yr old daughter that goes almost every weekend riding with me and would like to have a decent backstop there for her safety and my piece of mind.. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:41 am

Speddy069,

You need the GIVI-TB19 passenger backrest:

Tailpipe entenders 4165-500x600
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:51 am

These are worth having with a youngster on the back:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BIKE-IT-MOTORCYCLE-PILLION-GRIPPERS/dp/B001AXE42G
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Known in the UK as 'Lovehandles'!!! Marketed by Motrax before they went into administration. I got a pair for pillion person, 'cos it's too painful when she grabs my built-in ones!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Tailpipe entenders 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm

DickO, is this the thread you followed for your pipe extensions? Good info here for those wanting to follow your lead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tailpipe entenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailpipe entenders   Tailpipe entenders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tailpipe entenders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: