Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dr Pulley sliders
by Mech 1 twa Today at 20:14

» Hello from California
by SlvrwngTraveler Today at 19:36

» Trike Kit Installed
by docjones Today at 19:14

» Fuel gauge anomaly
by Mech 1 twa Today at 17:16

» Everything Died!!
by Easyrider Yesterday at 14:04

» Better sounding Exhaust
by ItBeMe Yesterday at 12:43

» 2002 SW 600
by Nillinator Thu 16 Nov 2017, 18:56

» Pastor Ron's Honda Silverwing Trike (GT3 Kit) Pics
by Pastor Ron Thu 16 Nov 2017, 17:17

» Fuel pump problem or what !
by codge Thu 16 Nov 2017, 16:29

» Left turn signal intermittent
by Dale N. Wed 15 Nov 2017, 17:04

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Darkside Tire Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Tire Q & A   Tue 29 Nov 2011, 20:57

Thank you moderator for cleaning up this thread.

I will post again on this thread when I have my new tire mounted on my Swing to offer other forum members my experience on this particular tire.

I apologize to anyone who took offense to my defending myself here. I am relatively new to this forum, but not to motorcycle forums.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1990
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Tire Q & A   Tue 29 Nov 2011, 23:26

Larry and Bigbird both need to calm down.

Larry, you took this waaay to personally, got indignant, and stooped to name calling. We are friendly around here, and we joke. You need to have a thicker skin than to let one smartass remark set you off like that. Not cool. For the record, we have lots of know-it-alls here, in different subjects, including me, and I'm a MODERATOR. The reason we get that way is from learning it all, and we are a great resource, as is the rest of the family on this board. The know-it-all you burn a bridge with today could be the one you need to solve your problem tomorrow. You could have politely said, "I've read this thread and understand your position and reasoning and I choose to try darksideing anyway. Please respect my choice and don't interfere with my learning more about ways to do it." In other words you could have stated your position without an attack. Learn this for the future and we mods will be happy.

BigBird, you made your point back in January/February.
When this thread was restarted it is reasonable to assume that Larry reread the entire thread, including your opinions. His first post in it was reasonable and to the point.
You made a dig. Nothing wrong with that.... Once.
(You only did it once. I acknowledge that.)
But you are a senior member here, and know better than to let someone set you off to the point you ended up. You're better than that.
Just an off day for you I guess.
We mods try to stay out of most of this because it tends to sort itself out, but if you have a problem like that, report the post and let us handle it. Don't sink the level of a newbie. They need a little time and experience to settle in to our family.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Tire Q & A   Tue 29 Nov 2011, 23:51

I answered him in kind. Forgive me for sticking up for myself. Let it be said that he won't make my Christmas list.

I reopened an old thread that has plenty of controversy in it. The title of the thread speaks for its self. It was hijacked on several occasions by the naysayers. I asked for very specific information and asked that the debate of car tires not be regurgitated.

You are right. It is pretty easy to sit behind a computer screen and pop off snide remarks. Big Bird is a big boy. He dishes it, he can take it, or can he?

I didn't start a fight but I don't walk around with a mattress tied to my back. I am a motorcyclist and I have seen this type of garbage in the past on other forums and particularly in the first 50% of this thread.

I am not sure what the culture is here. I am still trying to decide if I want to participate here or not. This was not a good welcome, and as far as I am concerned, didn't end up all that well.

I will take some time off from posting here again. I am leaving Dec. 6th on a 6500+ mile round trip on my Goldwing (with a car tire on the back) from Seattle, to LA, Phoenix, El Paso, San Antonio, New Orleans and then back to Dallas and on my way home through LA again. I won't be back here until the first of the year, if at all.

I got the information I wanted and a few lessons on how this forum works. As far as I can tell, the first cheap shot should be expected.

[Moderator removed line]

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2457
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Tire Q & A   Wed 30 Nov 2011, 00:13

larryinseattle wrote:
I am leaving Dec. 6th on a 6500+ mile round trip on my Goldwing (with a car tire on the back) from Seattle, to LA, Phoenix, El Paso, San Antonio, New Orleans and then back to Dallas and on my way home through LA again. I won't be back here until the first of the year, if at all.

Please open another thread ... I would have some questions and would be interested in your travel reports.
Back to top Go down

Darkside Tire Q & A
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2