Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

"Dark Side" Huh?

Go down 
+24
tinman
KurtPerthWA
The Scootist
Windrider
AAAA
surlybiker58
pancho
JeffR_
Meldrew
tarmacburner2
larryinseattle
Ishkatan
exavid
Skippy
MikeO
Opalsboy
honda_silver
john grinsel
bigbird
FlyingWing
Waspie
tankyuong
robert
jdeereanton
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Car tyre on a scooter (or motorcycle) why is it called "Dark Side"?

My two pence (nod across the pond) - It is merely a "Granfalloon" and an attempt to make it seem cooler than it would otherwise.

Granfalloon - see "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut for clarity.

Last edited by jdeereanton on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add cited reference.)
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

AuthorMessage
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:04 pm

bigbird wrote:
JeffR_ wrote:

We can put them up in a very small hotel room and lock the door until they come up with a compromise on this issue.

And Jeff wants to hide in the closet and observe.
Time for you to come out of the closet, Jeff Wink

Terry,

If I could afford a closet I would come out of it. But with this Obama economy I'm not able to afford a closet. Hopefully when "Mitt" gets elected we will get back to the great Bush economy where I could probably afford 2 closets.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:07 pm

JeffR_ wrote:

If I could afford a closet I would come out of it.

Well Jeff, there's always your water closet.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:12 am

JeffR_ wrote:
bigbird wrote:
JeffR_ wrote:

We can put them up in a very small hotel room and lock the door until they come up with a compromise on this issue.

And Jeff wants to hide in the closet and observe.
Time for you to come out of the closet, Jeff ;)

Terry,

If I could afford a closet I would come out of it. But with this Obama economy I'm not able to afford a closet. Hopefully when "Mitt" gets elected we will get back to the great Bush economy where I could probably afford 2 closets.

+1 Cant wait for the current administration to be history.
I feel sore from being run over with car tires by that fool.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:22 am

Last edited by Windrider on Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:26 am

My BIL just put a Dark Side on his Goldwing. Everyone at the meetup was commenting on how much rubber met the blacktop with the biked on the side stand despite the square profile.

The sidewalls flex (32 psi), the tread dumps water in rain. He says handling so far feels the same.

Key is getting something that has the right bead match to the wheel. Get reviews from people who are using them on which ones work well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:29 am

Unless you change the wheel to car type, such at least EML in Holland used to do, for sidecar outfits, you will not find beads being same or compatable. MC beads/rims different, check SAE paper.

Really would be nice if car tire types could come up with performance comparisions on closed course, wet, accident avoidance like swerve......and then are tire OD same as stock?

Remember, I have recent experience car tire on bike-----with special RIM, for 2CV tire on rear, sidecar----bike almost unrideable solo and ancient experience HD 45 with 18" car tires----rode the bike 12 miles home and changed tires to proper mc tires, so it would go down road right.

I cannot see how anybody, will screw up fine handling, well developed bikes/scooters to maybe save a few bucks on tires....unless they don't know any better or lack the experience to know how bike should feel under all conditions.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:13 am

I am with Dennis, goodby,these remarks are for KIDS. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:38 am

pancho wrote:

Just because you don't see eye to eye with someone about a topic doesn't mean you have to pack up your tools and leave.

I think too many members are expecting too much from this or any other forum. It's an internet forum, for goodness sakes. You must take everything here you read with at least 1 grain of salt and you must be thick skinned at times. Otherwise, every Tom, Dick, and Larry, and even Bigbird and John Grinsel, will get under it if you let them.

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:40 am

john grinsel wrote:

Remember, I have experience with special RIM,

Apparently John likes special rimming. affraid
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

bigbird wrote:
john grinsel wrote:

Remember, I have experience with special RIM,

Apparently John likes special rimming. affraid

Not only that, he repeats that information every 25 days.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:58 am

pancho wrote:

Pancho, the secret is when you see the work 'Dark Side' just ignore the thread, (unless extremely sadistic) Twisted Evil and move on.

Don't leave. Just wait until a more interesting topic arises.

Dark Side will always be emotive to those who have it as an option. (In that I am glad I am a Brit and it doesn't become an option).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:56 pm

You bring up a good point Doug. I don't feel any particular need to advertise the fact that I use car tires on my cars and motorcycle tires on my bike. Or for that matter, the fact that I happen to like women rather than men. (yes, I know, I just did advertise it) But for some reason it seems like those who are doing things that are different from accepted norms or practices require some sort of affirmation of their actions. But really, when it gets down to it who gives a rats ass?? Just do your own thing and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:02 pm

The Scootist wrote:
You bring up a good point Doug. I don't feel any particular need to advertise the fact that I use car tires on my cars and motorcycle tires on my bike. Or for that matter, the fact that I happen to like women rather than men. (yes, I know, I just did advertise it) But for some reason it seems like those who are doing things that are different from accepted norms or practices require some sort of affirmation of their actions. But really, when it gets down to it who gives a rats ass?? Just do your own thing and enjoy.

What I do here is share my experience of riding my Silverwing Scooter here on the forum. If I don't have experience on something, I don't share it.

Others are looking for the information. If you don't want the info.... move on to a topic that interests you.

If you happen to like guys or girls.... there is another completely different forum for that and I encourage you to visit those.

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:50 pm

larryinseattle wrote:

If you happen to like guys or girls.... there is another completely different forum for that and I encourage you to visit those.

What if you happen to like guys AND girls, especially at the same time?

Would one need a special forum ?
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:04 pm

The only problem i really have with "darkside" is the assumption from the darksiders that somehow, they exclusively know that the motorcycle tire industry is somehow a big scam, and that no-one really needs special tires. Its not just this forum, on the contrary, its calm here regarding the subject. Of the 6 moto forums i manage, there is a overwhelming impression that the 1 to 2% of riders that darkside, consider the remaining 99 to 98% to be deficient in their mental capacity. Read; (stupid suckers)

Baring a huge worldwide motorcycle industry conspiracy to outwit uncouth, negligibly intelligent motorcycle tire purchasers, which in some exclusive world, could exist, it seems the 1% is wrong in their thinking, and the 99% are right. Thats usually how things work out in human cultures.

Signed

One of the unwashed masses, in a irrelevant flyover state.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Not a professional tire User. Just a guy who got 20,000 miles out of a tire that still has another 3 or 4000 miles to go that cost $86 shipped to my door and the comparible Mt would be $170 and good for about 12,000 miles.

That is worth mentioning to others as I share my motorcycling experience.

Ride your own ride and make your own choices.

I just do not like being told that it is stupid or that I am being reckless with my life or the life of my passenger. I do not like being told that running a Ct will void my insurance.

I am never going to pressure someone to try this. Do your own homework.

There are many who thought negative about it who are now running them and say "what is the big deal?"
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:45 am

Lets talk REAL darkside, why mess around with piddly 155's"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 Micahe10
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:02 pm

This is for fun and info---I wonder if any of the car tire lovers (most I think low experience riders) were riding when MZ 2 strokes from DDR came with Pneumant tires? They would run at least 20,000 miles solo on rear, handled well in dry, little slippery on wet block pavement, lasted, too on sidecar outfit, and were real motorcycle tires and cheap. And Harley with GoodYear or Firestone---Firestone on my '48 125, never wore out, K models and early Sportsters had same I believe. Goodyear on my '69 big twin could get away from you at 25mph in wet, if you weren't paying attention----but they like Firestone lasted a long time. Bikes used to be made easy to change tires (and scooter, too) my new '66 HD sidecar outfit, not only had interchangeable wheels, but hinge on rear fender to easy getting wheel out---so did BMW's. I really liked 2 stroke Vespas that came with spare and of course wheels interchanged you could go lone time before buying a tire, keeping the bald one as spare.------much as I like old times----modern motorcycle tires/softer compound can save your bacon in wet. Just wish wheels were easier to change, but modern riders let somebody else do the work.......just as they don't ride in rain.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:34 pm

john grinsel wrote:
This is for fun and info---I wonder if any of the car tire lovers (most I think low experience riders) were riding when MZ 2 strokes from DDR came with Pneumant tires? They would run at least 20,000 miles solo on rear, handled well in dry, little slippery on wet block pavement, lasted, too on sidecar outfit, and were real motorcycle tires and cheap. And Harley with GoodYear or Firestone---Firestone on my '48 125, never wore out, K models and early Sportsters had same I believe. Goodyear on my '69 big twin could get away from you at 25mph in wet, if you weren't paying attention----but they like Firestone lasted a long time. Bikes used to be made easy to change tires (and scooter, too) my new '66 HD sidecar outfit, not only had interchangeable wheels, but hinge on rear fender to easy getting wheel out---so did BMW's. I really liked 2 stroke Vespas that came with spare and of course wheels interchanged you could go lone time before buying a tire, keeping the bald one as spare.------much as I like old times----modern motorcycle tires/softer compound can save your bacon in wet. Just wish wheels were easier to change, but modern riders let somebody else do the work.......just as they don't ride in rain.

John,

I have had 30 motorcycles and have ridden for 40 years.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:37 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Lets talk REAL darkside, why mess around with piddly 155's"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 Micahe10

Might as well have the 4th wheel, windows and air conditioning.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Nice thread pattern. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:00 pm

tinman wrote:
Nice thread pattern.

Yeah, these thread patterns about dark side are great.
But what about the TREAD pattern of that tire?
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:12 am

This one's for you Larry

"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 Sideca10

chickendance
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:42 am

Goog one LOL :lol!:
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:21 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
This one's for you Larry

"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 Sideca10

chickendance

If I am buying..... I want the air conditioning too. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Never argue with those who through IGNORANCE RIDICULE YOUR OPINION !!!!! :lol!: chickendance Sleep affraid
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

pancho wrote:

So, you didn't go then? Neutral
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Meldrew wrote:
pancho wrote:

So, you didn't go then? Neutral

Now I am,had to spank the CHILDREN before I did. God Bless all. study study
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:38 pm

pancho wrote:
God Bless all.

What did you have for the Last Supper?
Chicken Fried Steak?
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:10 am

I used to only come to this forum to learn about the Silverwing. Now I also come for the entertainment. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has chosen not to grow up. clown
It is sad though that some run away when they don't like the game. Sad If I don't like the game I just stop playing and come back for the next one if I like it.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:47 am

I don't believe that anyone who leaves here in a hissy fit goes anywhere but offline, they'll still be out there looking at the topics and probably wishing they hadn't left. A certain former member and nice guy from Oklahoma who made my sat nav mount comes to mind. Because if you're interested in the Silver Wing there's really nowhere else to go is there? You could join that other Silver Wing forum but there's not a lot going on there, so that leaves general maxi scooter forums, or you could seek asylum on bigbirds Silver Wing tech forum! Wink

Last edited by Meldrew on Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:59 am

model28a wrote:
I used to only come to this forum to learn about the Silverwing. Now I also come for the entertainment. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has chosen not to grow up. clown

applause applause

Couldn't agree more - we get the best of both worlds here, info and insult!! Smile Bring it on!!

Slightly off topic, my team leader at work tried to instigate a ruling that if we were in our rest area, and we were taking the p*ss out of each other, (believe me, we do!!) if a "third party" came into the room, we should stop the banter, in case the "third party" felt insulted!? The next time he came in, he was met with total silence. When he asked why, and we pointed out his ruling, he said "That's taking it too far"!
Well, we didn't want him to feel insulted, did we!! Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:12 am

What exactly got him mad?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:35 am

Chicken Fried Steak, he went beserk when he found out it was really beef! Neutral
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:38 am

JeffR_ wrote:

It was the fact that he heard Grinsel rides with no underwear on hot summer days.

That would fry his chicken snake in short order.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:40 am

As an aside, why does JeffR have only 333 posts, yet has accumulated 3669 points?

I have 2132 stinking posts, yet only 3023 points.

I want my money back!

Going to clean the bugs off my windscreen, radiator, and fork tubes after last night's ride.

Oh, and Mrs. Bigbird wants me to put the kitchen compost in the bin.

This sounds like a bloody blog already.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:57 am

bigbird wrote:
JeffR_ wrote:

It was the fact that he heard Grinsel rides with no underwear on hot summer days.

That would fry his chicken snake in short order.

If Mr Grinsel moved to Hollywood, California to escape the dirty bathrooms and bad food of Tennessee, they could nickname it "Grinsel town"!
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:43 pm

(Ok, I'm bored so I think I will whack the hornet's nest with a stick)

Bigbird:

What if the points are assigned based on the perceived value of the post rather than the sheer number of posts? Quality vs Quantity???

Smile

(ducking and heading for my "safe place")
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:52 pm

The Scootist wrote:
(Ok, I'm bored so I think I will whack the hornet's nest with a stick)

Bigbird:

What if the points are assigned based on the perceived value of the post rather than the sheer number of posts? Quality vs Quantity???

OK, I'll bite. What if?
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:57 pm

This may be the answer to your aside:

" As an aside, why does JeffR have only 333 posts, yet has accumulated 3669 points?

I have 2132 stinking posts, yet only 3023 points."

Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
"Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:29 pm

bigbird wrote:
As an aside, why does JeffR have only 333 posts, yet has accumulated 3669 points?

I have 2132 stinking posts, yet only 3023 points.

I want my money back!

We have calculated the value of your membership and will remit same. Please send all pertinent banking information (account # and PIN) so we can can send your two cents minus administration fees. Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:39 pm

When I handed this site over to Bill, I had about 1700 posts on my old nick which was "JeffR". He gave me a new nick "JeffR_" so my old posts wouldn't go away. If my "JeffR" account would have been deleted than all my posts would have been deleted too.

So now I get a fat paycheck every month for all of my points. I am thinking of opening up my own "Chicken Fried Steak All-u-can-eat Buffett" now. Y'all come and get now...ya hear !!!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:48 pm

The Scootist wrote:
This may be the answer to your aside:

" As an aside, why does JeffR have only 333 posts, yet has accumulated 3669 points?

I have 2132 stinking posts, yet only 3023 points."

Your intonation is that my posts are of no value to you.
Fair enough.
You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Last edited by bigbird on Fri May 18, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:50 pm

"Hi Yo" wrote:
we can can send your two cents minus administration fees. Smile

More than enough to buy a Texas chicken fried steak.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Hey "HiYo",

Who is this Bigbird guy you keep mentioning? Is he a new member? Oh yeah, he is the guy with 'racing slick' on the back of his bike. Neutral
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

model28a wrote:
I used to only come to this forum to learn about the Silverwing. Now I also come for the entertainment. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has chosen not to grow up. :clown:
It is sad though that some run away when they don't like the game. :( If I don't like the game I just stop playing and come back for the next one if I like it.

If i dont like the game, well, i cheat.
Like throwing a wrench in a topic, just to hear the response.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:43 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Hey "HiYo",

Who is this Bigbird guy you keep mentioning? Is he a new member? Oh yeah, he is the guy with 'racing slick' on the back of his bike. :|

I didnt think Canada had birds? just water, and Walleye.
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:46 pm

There's only enough room in this country for one BigBird.
We placed him right smack in the middle so everyone could share him.
He is a national treasure Razz cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Did I hear someone mention Pnuemant tyres?

A riddle for you all

How can you make a stock std Subaru Brumby (Brat USA) drift like what the super high powered yokels drive in Nippon?
with a set of YAHOOOOO Pnuemants wooo hoo and wow You can really drift into the real darkside with those slickers.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:35 am

You mean Pneumants, they were the OE tyres on East German MZ two strokes, I didn't find them too bad and usually got about 8500 out of a rear tyre. Since 1994 the same company which has a factory in Dresden had made motorcycle tyres using the brand name Heidenau.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Dark Side" Huh?   "Dark Side" Huh? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Dark Side" Huh?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next