Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Trinity Trike S'Winger

Go down 
+2
dspevack
Opalsboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

New Trinity Trike S'Winger Empty
PostSubject: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Here are some pictures of the first completed Silverwing trike. This is the unit a local lady loaned Trinity to use for developing purposes...

http://thetrinitytrike.com/CVTcruisers/Silverwing/index.html

It was delivered to her today and she was taking it out for a ride in her area of Florida later this afternoon.

There will be an ABS plate installed later to cover the underside protecting the chain and differential area. That will add just one more piece of class to an already classy looking machine.

My unit will be shipped late next week or early the following week. Bob told me today that the unit for Carolina and the one for Canada will be shipped almost immediately with mine. Others will be shipped in order of order received. The wait is almost over and Bob assures me that it will be well worth the wait.

SO, I am re_excited. Too cold to ride, but after I receive it and get it all put together, I may just bring it inside and park it near my bed. Debbie will probably insist that I sleep in the garage on a cot if I want to spend the night with the other lady in my life. Laughing

Dennis will come help with the assembly and pictures will be taken to post here.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Okay, Now I'm miffed.
The owner of that Silverwing has the nerve to make some cool mods to her bike, such as the 3 additional oval (lights?) on either side of the cowl, the mounts for Saddlebags, and the metal sidecowl accents,
and she hasn't come to our board to share the details with us.
That's downright selfish!

New Trinity Trike S'Winger Full05

Gary, Any chance you could reach out to the Trinity people and snag an email for this lady and send her an invite?

Dan
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Yep... doing it now... I have heard her name, but the brain doesn't hold stuff like that any more. I do know that she rides "a lot".

I really liked the extra ovals myself... kinda made it look like a "bat mobile" or something.
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 pm

dspevack wrote:
Okay, Now I'm miffed.
The owner of that Silverwing has the nerve to make some cool mods to her bike, such as the 3 additional oval (lights?) on either side of the cowl, the mounts for Saddlebags, and the metal sidecowl accents,
and she hasn't come to our board to share the details with us.
That's downright selfish!

Gary, Any chance you could reach out to the Trinity people and snag an email for this lady and send her an invite?

Dan

I'll pass along the invite, but I'm not sure that she's much of an internet surfer. In any case she has her bike decked out in a similar fashion to the local Director of the Wingnuts Trike Club. Don't know if Larry's TriBurg inspired her or if he got some of his trim idea from Diane. In any case, here's a couple of shots of Larry's trike:

The lights on the front cowling add on are functional!
New Trinity Trike S'Winger Full15

BTW, the spoiler came from a Gold Wing:
New Trinity Trike S'Winger Main1

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.TheTrinityTrike.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Trinity Trike S'Winger 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 am

Only one thing to say. Sweeeeeet I can't believe you youngsters don't recognize Buick portholes on the cowl. There's nothing new, just new combinations. sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:38 am

"Hi Yo" wrote:
Only one thing to say. Sweeeeeet I can't believe you youngsters don't recognize Buick portholes on the cowl. There's nothing new, just new combinations. sunny sunny

Portholes? On a car instead of a ship?
Those must be from a time when my dad had to walk to and from school uphill both ways in the snow.... Smile

TrinityTrike wrote:

Here's a couple of shots of Larry's trike:
New Trinity Trike S'Winger Main1
Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Looks like the glass work on the tri-burg is much more refined than the Swing trike.
Bob, you'll have to understand, I pride myself on knowing about all customs for the Swing, as you can see from the link to my bike in my sig, so when I see something new, I gotta know more.

Dan
Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 am

dspevack wrote:
Looks like the glass work on the tri-burg is much more refined than the Swing trike.

Actually there is no "glass work" on the S'Winger (yet!), those fenders are steel. But that same Excalibur body that Larry has on his white Burgman rig is being mounted on a S'Winger being built for a guy in Nova Scotia. Clever fellow, Wayne built the primary mold with both the Burgman and Silver Wings in mind.

The optional form fitted side pods (that go on the passenger foot rest area) are as you might imagine, specific to each different body. Speaking of those (and in the interest of keeping everyone current), Wayne is working up a new and larger style. Rather than just being under the passenger foot rest area, they will extend up to the driver's floorboards. That's close to double the length of the originals. Check out the work in progress by clicking here:

New Side Pods

Quote :

Bob, you'll have to understand, I pride myself on knowing about all customs for the Swing, as you can see from the link to my bike in my sig, so when I see something new, I gotta know more.

Dan

No problem, that's what these forums are really all about!! I check with both of them today and see if I can find & publish sources for those several trim items.

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 am

Side pods are looking good!
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Dan
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 am

Gary,
I see that you've changed your avatar to reflect the wheels from Trinity. No tires? Are they a local, extra cost, addon? In any case, the bits are SLOWLY coming in.

Lots of luck for a successful build

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Yes Jon, I had option of buying tires local or from Trinity. I chose local. JUst for you I am going to try to avoid any "..." Smile

I appreciate your concern for the seemingly long time getting my kit here. I think you are a lot like I was when this adventure began. I thought my kit was sitting on a shelf and all I had to do was pick one and order it. That was not the case. When I called Bob the very first time, he told me right off the bat that they were just beginning to discuss the Swing project. It was in the early daydreaming stage. Sleep I think I pricked his interest and they moved the planning up a few months. I think I just became a pain in the ass by calling him so many times.Rolling Eyes As has been mentioned here several times, it takes time to move from drawing board to finished product for an item as special for the Silverwing. I feel like it has been pretty fast paced myself. Bob and I have been in touch with each other dozens of times. Sure I would liked to have had it sooner (at first), but I know that the extra time has been invested in producing a much better product. Smile The kit I am getting has several improvements over the original designs. Some improve the function of the kit, some will improve the installation. I know some improvements are being designed already for later models. I could wait for those if I wanted to. But some that I know of are easily retrofit. cheers

The important thing for me is that when that last little bitty "bit" comes in and is installed, I will have exactly what I wanted when I looked at the Trinity site and I made the call to Bob. I am going to have a truly, true trike, built the way I wanted with the three wheels and able to carry my wife and I on some great trips cheers while I can still get out and go. I am so thankful that Trinity came along at just the right time for me. I think the world of Bob and his group for creating this great machine. cheers

BTW... for any one that might consider one of these kits in the future, you are aware, I'm sure, that later kits will takes weeks or days to get out and will have features and options that these early ones don't have.

Dennis and I are planning on taking photos of the installation process and adding those here as we do the assembly.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Gary,
Please don't think that I am picking on you, or Trinity, for that matter.

I think that I realize that making a product takes time; sometimes more than others.

One thing that I KNOW is that there are at least three levels of TIME in this world -- from fast to slow -- normal (24 hour days), Irish (36 to 50 hour days) and Florida (???).

All of this is based on how long it took our contract programmers to complete something back in the days when I was still working with folks here, in Ireland and in Tampa. I retired in Oct, 1999, and I think that some of the projects (Ah'll git ta it riteaway) in Tampa are still being worked on.

Of course, you have to take every thing I write with a VERY LARGE grain of salt (or sand -- I can't remember the exact phrase). :flower:
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Florida time: it's 5 o'clock somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

It seems Tenn has it restroom syndrome and Florida has its TampaProjects Syndrome. Rolling Eyes

Thank goodness Arkansas only has cousins inter marrying. Embarassed

Well, not "only". But who is counting? or is Whom? You big city folks have to edercate me on that.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Gary,

I thot the inter-marry thang was more of a Tennessee / Kentucky / West Virginia phenom! :lol!:

I just found something to make your day even better -- have a look here

http://www.burgmantrikes.com/Gallery/tabid/55/Default.aspx when you get there, look at the last box in the gallery, the one for "seatec"

I understand that this bodywork will fit almost anything built by Trinity.

:flower: :flower:
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:36 pm

I looked.

Aren't they selling something like that at the scooter store...

The one that bills medicare medicare for your scooter...
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Now that you have reminded me, I have cousins in all three of those states as well as Texas, Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina. All of em my age were already married when I got out of Jr High.

There are some nice pics in the album folder. Saw a few things I want to add to my scoot later. Some are way out of my income bracket, but if you would like to start a birthday fund now, maybe you can surprise me later.

Have a great week Jon. Gonna be cold and wet here. Snow maybe again Wed. Yuck... come on Spring.

Back to top Go down
TrinityTrike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Gary,

I thot the inter-marry thang was more of a Tennessee / Kentucky / West Virginia phenom! :lol!:

I just found something to make your day even better -- have a look here

http://www.burgmantrikes.com/Gallery/tabid/55/Default.aspx when you get there, look at the last box in the gallery, the one for "seatec"

I understand that this bodywork will fit almost anything built by Trinity.

:flower: :flower:

In the interest of editorial clarity, the BurgmanTrikes.com link Jon just made is actually a link to Seatec's first foray into the custom fiberglass body world. The running gear under that one is actually a Danson, not a Trinity.

It is true that Wayne (aka Seatec) has a body for both the TriBurg and UltraWing and that I believe that the body will also fit at least 2 other of our rides. The proper link for those ongoing projects is:

http://www.burgmantrikes.com/Gallery/tabid/55/Default.aspx

Click on the button labeled "Wayne Langille - Trike Body" (which currently is 3rd from left, top row)and roll in to about picture 730 or so. BTW, my paint guy (and Trinity owner himself) says that Wayne's fiberglass prep is the very best he has seen in his entire life!

Bob Witte
www.TheTrinityTrike.com

Last edited by TrinityTrike on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the proper button label)
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks for the clarification, Bob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trinity Trike S'Winger   New Trinity Trike S'Winger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trinity Trike S'Winger
Page 1 of 1