Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 2:07 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 12:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

» peace, love and life
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)

Go down 
+3
pja
Chinasaur
Falcon Wing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcon Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Falcon Wing

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-09-24

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) Empty
PostSubject: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 am

Had the first real road test of the Swing I picked up recently from the original owners.
Figured since it was newly plated and registered, what better way to break it in than a 200 mile ride through the twisties to Westcliffe Colorado. Aspens were on the tail end of the seasonal change too. I rode my Rune, while a the So took the Swing. She loved how much more powerful it was than the Reflex. I had to speed up to catch her several times! Swing also got 54 mpg (Rune got 43)

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) 4-1

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) 6-1

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) 7-1
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:36 am

That's the first time I've ever seen pictures of a Rune™️ in the Wild™️ vs a showroom floor!! cool Smile Bike pr0n! Smile

Is it true the SW has a bigger gas tank than the Rune™️?
Back to top Go down
Falcon Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Falcon Wing

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:41 am

I had to get both owners manuals to look that up!

Rune 6.08 Gal

Swing 4.23 Gal

I have only seen 4 other Runes in the wild....but oddly enough, there are THREE in my neighborhood (one of each color offered). We must have highest per capita Rune population in the country! Supposedly only 3,000 were made.
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:02 am

Forget the SilverWing! That Rune is a beast! Twisted Evil

Very nice bike! There is only one in Australia and its owned by Honda Aust. in Melbourne.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 pm

I love the looks of the Rune, but for that headlight!

Does it spend time on the east coast keeping ships from hitting the rocks at night?
Back to top Go down
Falcon Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Falcon Wing

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 pm

The Rune seems to envoke polar opinions for sure. Best part is wooshing past the rattling HD's! (which the Swing can do too!!)

I love its profile!

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) 1-2
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 pm

If only it was an automatic....
Back to top Go down
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:30 pm

The Rune is heavy, impractical, has no storage space but it is so cool and I'll bet fun to ride. Has that beefy look like don't mess with me. I have trailered my 1800 Gw and rode those mountains out there. Once my co-rider noticed there were no guardrails for the most part, we stayed on "normal" roads the rest of the trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm

The lack of guard rails is on purpose -- that's how we scare the living heck out of the flatlanders. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Falcon Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Falcon Wing

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 5:40 pm

Dale M wrote:
The Rune is heavy, impractical, has no storage space but it is so cool and I'll bet fun to ride. Has that beefy look like don't mess with me. I have trailered my 1800 Gw and rode those mountains out there. Once my co-rider noticed there were no guardrails for the most part, we stayed on "normal" roads the rest of the trip. Smile

I agree with everything you said! I think its hard for bikes to be practical anyway. They cannot carry as much as a car, are not as safe....... But WHO CARES!!! Wink

I have had touring bikes for years, Honda Pacific Coast, then my 01 GL1800, but the Rune is by far the most beautiful bike I have ever seen (imo) and the fact that it is HONDA built and will last for years (full warranty till 2015) is just icing on the cake.

All of that being said...I have been using the Swing way more recently because its so easy to twist and go and LOVE the trunk!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 am

Yep, the Rune and the Valk are impressive, both are basically Goldwings on steroids! I really like riding my SW but I do like the results when you get on the GW's throttle. Those six cylinders and 1800ccs do get with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)   First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First real road test of my new Swing (Westcliffe Colorado)
Page 1 of 1