Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi Trunks~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:21 am

One of the things I really wanted on my new Silverwing was one of those Givi trunk with the lights. I was reading on another forum that it does change the center of gravity which is already sort of high on those. Now I'm concerned pale Would I be better off with the saddle bags to keep the center of gravity low for me??? I'm short and I have already had them cut the seat down for me. I sure don't want to make the bike more top heavy.....
What's your opinion??
Back to top Go down

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 am

Coralee,

This is just my opinion & experience. I'm about 5'3" with an inseam of 30" to 31". No seat modification. I have the, E46 on my S'Wing. I know it's there, even when it's empty, but have had no problems. But before I purchased it, I would use a fully loaded duffel bag strapped to the seat. To me, no matter what you get you're going to change the balance of the bike, be it high or low. You'll know it's there, you just have to adjust to it.
If you're still not flat footing your scoot you may want to try & find a pair of boots with a thicker sole. Really...........it's not that bad having one, you will get use to it & if you were to use saddle bags too, it may help out with balancing it out and give you even more room for goodies when you take a trip. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:24 am

Coralee,

You many want to look into this:

http://cruiserbag.com/tcb.htm

If you don't ride 2 up when touring than this may be what you want. You also get the backrest too. I have even thought of getting this and removing my top case. I don't feel the top case but I'm also 6' and 210 lbs.

Leroy Beal has done many mods to his SWing and thinks this is the most comfortable backrest he has used. They also come in different sizes.

http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/cruiserbag/cruiserbag.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Wow really interesting with that backrest build in. I don't ride with anyone on the back so that's a good idea to use it as storage. I always pack to much...so I will need lots of space. :D
I have pretty high boots but thought about having a little added to them. Much more and I will look like I'm on stilts!!! bounce I'm about 5'2".
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks for that information Jeff. That cruiser bag looks like a great idea. I may have to add it to my ever-growing list of "must-have" accessories...
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 pm

I really think it is important to remember that an empty or full GIVI case can be removed when you don't need it. Riding around with the case on the bike when it is not needed has a negative effect on mileage.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Givi Trunks~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Givi Trunks~   Givi Trunks~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi Trunks~
Page 1 of 1