Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd Empty
PostSubject: Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd   Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi All, I did the Slimey Crud Run from Pine Bluff Wisconsin to Leland Wisconsin. It is about 48 miles between the two towns as the crow flys, but taking the back roads makes the ride about 75 miles. I put a total of 133 miles on my SW for the day. Great weather about 70 degrees and sunny it was just a perfect day. About 1000 to 1500 motorcyclist showed up most every bike you can think of was there. BMW, Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph, Harley Davidson, etc.. and few I did not know what make they were starting from the early 50's to present day. You could just find a place to sit and watch all the motorcycles coming into the rally and that would have been a great time. It was just an unbelievable rally you just had to be a part of to understand what it was all about. One thing for sure it was like a motorcycle museum. This rally was not designed for scooters, but there were three scooters that show up and that included me. I rode with a group of 7 and they all had cafe style motorcycles and two Harley Davidsons I keep up with them just fine, but My Silver wing is just not designed for taking tight corners at 75 miles and hour. So I would have enjoyed the ride even more if I would have road with other scooters and keep it about 60 to 65 miles per hour. This is a hint to invite more scooters to the rally. I talked with folks from Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota, but I am sure many more folks from other different states were there. This rally does not advertise or have any sponsorship and they do not have and official web site it is just word of mouth. I had a great time and hope more scooters will come to the next Slimey Crud Run. I do have photos of the run but don't know how to attach them to this post? If you want to see more just type in your search engine slimey crud run wisconsin and you will find youtube vids and un-official web site.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd   Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:56 pm

A bit more info here: http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd   Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Putt Putt wrote:
I keep up with them just fine, but My Silver wing is just not designed for taking tight corners at 75 miles and hour. So I would have enjoyed the ride even more if I would have road with other scooters and keep it about 60 to 65 miles per hour.

After I changed to the Hyperpro front springs ... the SWing handling improved in the corners. I wonder if this would help you with "tight corners at 75 MPH"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 75 MpH   Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi Honda_silver, Thanks for the info on changing the front forksprings, but I am really happy with the way my SW handles. I don't really like driving a car at 75 mph. This was a one time thing doing the complete run from Pine bliff to Leland, next rally I am going to get there early and just sit on the side of the road in Leland, and take photos of all the groups and different style bikes as they are coming in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd   Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slimey Crud Run Wisconsin 2010 May 3rd
Page 1 of 1