Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Issue logging in with Chrome.

Go down 
+5
Lab Rat
eggster34
honda_silver
JeffR
Sweendog
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Issue logging in with Chrome. Empty
PostSubject: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 am

Hi Jeff,
I'm not sure what is causing the issue, but I cannot log in using Chrome. I'm accepting cookies, and don't have any proxy/blockers, etc.

Any ideas? Every time I try to log in, it just sends me to the invalid login page...

Thanks,
Bill
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Bill,

I'm not sure what Chrome is? Is it some type of browser?

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:48 pm

JeffR wrote:

Google browser ( http://www.google.com/chrome )
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Yep, it's a browser. =) It's my default browser these days, I like it a lot.

-Bill
Back to top Go down
eggster34
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Sorry for posting here and hijacking your thread but for some reason I can not post any new topics; I can only respond to present ones.. is this a forum-wide issue or something specific to my registered user?
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm having no trouble with Chrome. I guess that means it can be done, but I couldn't tell you why mine would work, and yours wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Jeff, if you would stay off the hooker and put the pot back on the stove, you would know what Chrome....

I use Chrome and have had no problem logging on... Bill did it ever work for you? then stop recently, or did it never work?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 pm

eggster,

I just made a "test post" to start a new topic and it worked. Chrome is also working for me so I hope it is ok with everyone else now.

Gary,

You are asking a lot from me. Those are the 2 things that not even Dr Phil can get me to stop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
eggster34
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:14 pm

pardon my stupidity but could you please describe where the link to post a new topic resides? I looked everywhere, it's not under actions, it's not on the upper left hand corner of the blue border surrounding the forum area; I know I'm not going crazy, I was able to create topics and ask questions in the past but for some reason that particular link does not come up anymore .(
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:40 pm

If you want to start a new topic in this section "Tips on using this Site"... go to top of this page and click on "New Topic" its kind of on left side of page above the first post.... do the post and send.

If you want to start a completely new topic in another section... go to top of page and click on "Forum". That is in the wide bar... Go there and find the section that best fits the topic you want to start. Do the post and send.

BTW... you are NOT exhibiting stupidity in asking that question. Just asking for help.

Sorry about leaving the NOT out eggster... won't happen again... that would be stupid of me

Last edited by Opalsboy on Wed May 11, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Left out the NOT in original post... sorry... did not catch my mistake for a while....)
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

I actually couldn't log on with the latest IE beta - however I installed Chrome to see if it would allow me to register and it did.

Completely the opposite problem you had.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 pm

JeffR wrote:
Bill,

Thanks,

Jeff
Yes it is an inferior browser (by Google) -- Firefox is a vastly superior browser.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Firefox is a great browser maybe even vastly superior. I used it for years but when Chrome came out, it is faster than the Firefox. Firefox has a lot of gadgets that are way cool but they all weigh down the operation of the browser. I have never done a side by side comparison, but I know that when I was using Firefox, I could sign on and go get coffee and maybe by the time I got back the browser was up. Now it takes MUCH less. And I like some of the google gadgets that are available outside the browser. Of course, this all is my opinion. Firefox may have improved since I used it. Bottom line is I have never had a problem with either in signing in to our forum.
Back to top Go down
Donodii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Donodii

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 am

I use 2 PCs at work and have 2 laptops at home and can not start any new topics / posts. I am only able to respond. I use IE and Firefox. If I use my cell / PDA I have no issues, but it is a pain because of the small screen.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:06 am

I am no electronic guru or even close to one. But there are some on this forum. Guys, do you know what is going on with the members having this problem? It seems to me to be some configuration issue. It is obvious that all of these browsers will operate within this forum. If you have any suggestion(s), lets hear them.

I am going to do a little research on this myself.
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:23 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Guys, do you know what is going on with the members having this problem? It seems to me to be some configuration issue.

IE has a compatability mode button (looks like a torn piece of paper next to the refresh button) - try that. The latest IE beta does not work with this forum even in compatability mode however.

I can't speak for Firefox but Chrome (current public version) works.

Could the System Operator check with their hosting company that this version of phpBB is the most current, the BB software may have been updated for compatability with the more recent browsers <-- that's my best suggestion.

It looks like the most current version is phpBB 3.0.8
http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus.php?update=1
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Acquit wrote:
Could the System Operator check with their hosting company that this version of phpBB is the most current, the BB software may have been updated for compatability with the more recent browsers <-- that's my best suggestion.

It looks like the most current version is phpBB 3.0.8
http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus.php?update=1

We are using phpBB2

The options are:
phpBB2
phpBB3
PunBB
Invision

I am not against trying phpBB3 ... but I would want to pre-announce and start at a specific time. That way the various users can test the various browsers and endless options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issue logging in with Chrome.   Issue logging in with Chrome. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issue logging in with Chrome.
Page 1 of 1