Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Delkevic, PC & Lg Saddlemen Top Case For Sale
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 3:27 pm

» YSS Eco Shocks for the Honda Silverwing 600 in USA
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:36 am

» OE Quality Drive Belt
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:51 am

» Lost keys 2003 Silverwing
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby mondodemundo Fri May 31, 2024 8:49 pm

» yss shocks again
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby mondodemundo Fri May 31, 2024 8:43 pm

» What mods would you for optimizing top end speed?
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby mondodemundo Fri May 31, 2024 8:35 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby mondodemundo Fri May 31, 2024 8:28 pm

» bike won't start after turning it on and off
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby XDM© Fri May 31, 2024 7:09 pm

» Rear Wheel Removal
An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 30, 2024 9:25 pm

An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeby Bigfoot52 Wed May 29, 2024 8:19 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

An introduction of sorts

Go down 
+4
steve_h80
sonuvabug
sc00ter
Andraco
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-03-16

An introduction of sorts Empty
PostSubject: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi Guys, I'm somewhat optimistically counting myself among your number. I have a partially disassembled silverwing that I'm hoping to get up and running. I've been seriously thinking about getting a scooter for about six months I guess and finally decided I wanted a silverwing. I was NOT planning on getting a project bike but I really enjoy fixing stuff and this scoot was dirt cheap. If I can't easily fix it up I'm planning to try and find one that's in good running shape.
Motorcycles used to be a big part of my life but it's been 25 years since my last one. I've always had a soft spot for honda but I like different brands too. My first bike was a Honda cb360 that my Dad and I pulled out of a barn and got running. My last bike was a Yamaha FJ1200. I've never owned a scooter before though, so I'm looking forward to a new experience.
I first became interested in maxiscooters after noticing a honda helix for sale a couple years ago. I fell in love with it's practical simplicity and usefulness and I was hooked on scooters!
Anyway, I hope to be riding a Silverwing soon,
Andre'
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 12:38 am

Welcome form Norfolk, VA! I'm not super savvy on these Swings but my wife has one and I've rebuilt a few things on it. Great scooters that are very reliable. Panel removal can be a little weird. I think there is a pinball arcade out by you we intend to check out. If the wife and I head out to play I'll hit ya up via PM. Meet up for lunch and talk Swing stuff like nerds!
Back to top Go down
Andraco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2021-03-16

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Sounds good. It'll have to be a Saturday or Sunday but I'd enjoy that!
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 8:49 am

Welcome aboard the board André.  You have to think "glass half full" in that you have a partially "assembled" not disassembled SWing.  Get to know "search" and you'll have a good friend for your project.

Last edited by sonuvabug on Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Don't get sidetracked with that 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty stuff; what you should be asking is 'whose round is it?'
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 4:27 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
Don't get sidetracked with that 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty stuff; what you should be asking is 'whose round is it?'

^^^ Good one ... I'll remember this An introduction of sorts 1f37a  ^^^
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 4:56 pm

Welcome on the site André,

Hope you'll enjoy your almost one piece SWing soon. You will find here a lot of knowledge and good friends...

Your welcome home anytime !

Michel
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Welcome aboard from o-HI-o Andre and enjoy it all.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2574
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Welcome Andre and as you were told "search" is your friend. But if you have problems or questions we don't "bite"...well most of us don't!  An introduction of sorts 1f601
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1989
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:21 am

Welcome Andre' to the BEST SWing site on the net. Lots of info here with people ready and willing to help. I've learned a lot just by being a member here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An introduction of sorts   An introduction of sorts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An introduction of sorts
Page 1 of 1