Number of posts : 29
Location : Tucson, AZ
Points : 2851
Registration date : 2012-08-20
|Subject: Yes Virginia, there is an American scooter magazine Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:27 pm|| |
The Scooter ‘Zine just celebrated it’s one year anniversary! Yes, the upstart magazine that started on a whim, just because there were no other U.S. scooter-centric magazines has now been around for more than a full year.
If you’re a subscriber, THANK YOU! Your decision to send your hard earned money has help The Scooter ‘Zine to get a foothold in a very tough environment. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading the articles that cannot be found anywhere else.
If you’re not a subscriber, what have you been missing? Let me tell you about just a bit of the content that we’ve featured over the past year:
• Interviews with scooter clubs from around the country like Lucky, Blue Ribbon Kings, Twin Cities Scooter Collective and Slow Riders
• Entertaining yet informative safety article like: “Who’s Got Your Six?” “Cover & Concealment for the Commuter” and “Are You Riding n the Danger Zone?”
• A one-man band who gets around using his Honda Helix.
• A veteran using his scooter to help bring awareness to America about suicide.
• A ride to the Arctic Circle carrying the ashes of his son.
• Histories of important scooters.
• Original cover art featuring scooters!
• Bucket list quality road descriptions from scooterists’ perspectives.
• Each issue features an interview with a different scooter shop.
This is just a taste of what you’ll find inside The Scooter ‘Zine. We eagerly accept contributions, too. If you, or someone you know, have an interesting story, let us know. If you think your club or local shop should be featured, let us know.
What does all this exclusive scooter content cost? Well, it’s only $20 a year for six bi-monthly issues. It is available in digital or good ol’ fashioned print versions. You can find all the info you might need at:
You can also find the ‘zine on Facebook and/or Instagram. Subscribe today! Oh, there is a free sample issue available on the website if you want to “try before you buy.”
Ride safe, ride often