Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 8:33 pm

» New member from Europe
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 7:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 7:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Yesterday at 2:56 am

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 am

» Hello everyone
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Kisan Path Blazer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 am

Just got the Kisan Pathblazer head light modulator for my SW today. I ordered it through Amazon which was about 36% less than the price on Kisan's website.

I'll install it tomorrow if nothing gets in the way. Just a little extra insurance against the "I didn't see him" syndrome.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2019-10-09

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 6:40 pm

Dear Paul,
I did you one better and ordered the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator vom ACME direct.
The visibility effect should be a blast.

(sorry I had to, "Kisan Pathblazer head light modulator" just triggered an old memory block.)
Back to top Go down
https://hosiwi.blogspot.com/
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 7:13 pm

You'd do a lot better with a non-regressive quantum veeblefestor in a magnetic seven dimensional mounting. Be careful to use only left hand threaded fasteners otherwise the space time universe witll be squamished.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 7:24 pm

tit for tat - well done Paul
... but to be honest I am not familiar with this device, care to elaborate (/evil grin)
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:04 am

While I applaud your your efforts to see and be seen I fear like so many others we become lost in a sea of lights even in the daytime. The motorcycles had a small advantage back when everybody else didn't have them on, now not so much. Thanks a LOT legislators. Back when I did night rides I'd turn on my critter watchers those did give me a slight advantage.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 5:23 pm

Tim and I already solved this problem and it all has to do with the flux capacitor, which is an integral part of the coil rectifier. This enables the SW to travel beyond light speed in which case any running lights you may care to fit won't work because your bike will be travelling faster than the light emitted.

Light speed travel is illegal in the UK and is probably why not many riders fit running lights!
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 6:06 pm

I counter the daytime running lights with high beam and bright colors.

I applaud you and Tim for your effort.
You poor UK guys you once was a proud empire where the sun never set, now you can´t even go light speed, looks more you are now the place where the sun don´t shineth...

your royal hineys ( did I pronounce that right???)
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Royal Highnies seems to be a type of clothing....however, we, like most plebs of a democracy are free to do as we're told!
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 10:16 am

To not hijack the thread, this light thingy, what would be totally illegal in EU land starts blinking when a strong light falls on it (as seen in a demo video of the company.)
So the other guy than blinks back at you or what is the purpose?
I remember seeing this blinking behavior on break lights to expose visibility better.
If you blink at somebody here this way, they will blink back because they think you great them.
So this is kind of a friend making device then?
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 10:40 am

Hey SEPP, Does having that aeroplane attached to the back of your bike slow you down somewhat?...or does it make it more aerodynamic? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Nah it is like drinking RedBull, it gives you wings.
It symbolizes the additional acceleration my 4 slider mod makes
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 10:02 pm

About the only time people flash there lights to another vehicle in the US is to warn othrs of a police car parked ahead on the side of the road making money with his radar.

It isn't a normal think hear to flash headlights to send a message to another vehicle so I don't think my modulator will make any new friends. It technically, by law, isn't flashing because the bulb does not go off between the bright intervals. The light is 'modulated' from 100% to 20% which make a difference in the US and Canada. The reason these systems are legal in most of North America is to make motorcycles and scooters stand out from traffic.

The advantage of modulating instead of flashing is that flashing a filament type lamp will eventually weaken and fail due the constant expansion and contraction of the filament. Modulation doesn't change the temperature of the bulb much at all so it doesn't reduce headlight bulb life. Of course if you're using an LED head light the heat cool cycle doesn't apply.

I know for a fact that on four different occasions in the past people stopped suddenly instead of pulling out in front of me from a side road. And that was on a well lighted and bright red Goldwing 1500. I think anything that helps preventing a driver from saying "I just didn't see him" about me is worth having on the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 12:27 am

100% agree, everything what helps make you stand out and be noticed can be a life saver.
That is why the first thing I do with a "new" bike is to make the front stand out and be noticed, as you noticed on my bright and highly reflective copper metal front shield.

With a normal filament using the high beam to flash fast to signal anything there is often not enough time for the filament to go completely dark before the next 12V impulse comes anyhow, so I guess it is kind of modulated also (at lest with my fast trigger finger)

As to the video, you need light to shine towards you to trigger the modulated beam?
How does this function during daytime?
https://youtu.be/5wfG6YRzSIs?t=64
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 6:41 am

The modulator will automatically shut off when the ambient light drops to a level you set by rapidly turning the ignition key on and off three times. The system is only on when there's daylight at dusk it will automatically turn off so it won't cause a problem when you need the constant light of the high beam.

It's pretty simple and foolproof. The components are designed to be fail-safe. If it fails the high beam will operate in the normal manner. I've had these things on four bikes so far including the current one and like them. As you said any help in being seen is worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kisan Path Blazer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kisan Path Blazer   Kisan Path Blazer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kisan Path Blazer
Page 1 of 1