Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby Bucksnort Yesterday at 8:27 pm

» Forum photo, November 2019
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Yesterday at 6:35 pm

What make..... I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 4:55 pm

» Steering Head Shake
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby exavid Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» EXTREME CVT TUNING
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby Sepp Yesterday at 1:21 pm

» any Clive Cussler fans here?
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby exavid Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:50 pm

» Naomi Wu you got to see her
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm

» My SiverWing was stolen today!!
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby DLK Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 pm

» Side stand switch
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:51 am

» Booster Plug
What make..... I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What make.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-08-12

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 1:44 pm

.....of crash helmet is this.  I need to buy one  Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfbDGKQ0kGI
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
What make..... 510-80

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2010-02-17

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 3:41 pm

With no brain inside helmet, what difference does it make? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2019-04-01

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Look close, to me it looks like the helmet fit so bad his head is out of the helmet when the helmet gets run over..... Any way yoou look at it he is lucky !!! better lucky than good....
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

Number of posts : 2439
Registration date : 2009-07-17

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 pm

It doesn't look like the tire actually ran over the helmet. It appears it just clipped the top and spit it out. The tire seems to have just barely hit the helmet. I can guarantee that there's no motorcycle helmet made for a human head that wouldn't crush under the weight of just the weight of the dual tires much less the load of the axle and load.

Looks like that guy was a dare devil or a fool. Probably both.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2014-02-13

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Would it be wrong to call him a Dip$hit? That guy is lucky. Stoopid but lucky.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-07-16

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 pm

That didnt go as planned! Bet ya that guy will try that same stupid pass again once the shock wears off. Some people.....
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2018-03-02

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 am

If you clicked on "More" in the description, you would learn that he died right there. He lived for a matter of seconds before he laid down and died. So sad and so stupid. I was taught from the time I started riding a bicycle to never get close to trucks. Even when riding my Goldwing, I didn't dwell in the vicinity of a semi-truck.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2016-10-01

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 6:46 am

I read down to the bottom of the page and still couldn't determine whether or not the poor guy died.

I hope he made it and lives to learn not to do THAT again.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2014-11-20

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 7:20 am

Loosemarbles wrote:
I read down to the bottom of the page and still couldn't determine whether or not the poor guy died.

Top of the page, click on .. MORE .. you get ........

Title on 9gag (these aren't my words) for SEO purposes
"SCOOTERBOY GETS RUN OVER HIS HEAD BY SEMI, LIVES FOR A FEW SECONDS.."
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-07-16

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 am

I haven't watched a snuff film since Faces of Death when I was in my 20's. Now I feel kinda terrible for what I said, because I was assuming he lived. Either way, dont mess with big trucks!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 1:11 pm

I can vouch for the idea to keep away from large vehicles when on a bike of any type. I drove school buses and charter buses for ten years after I retired. I can tell you it's not easy to see everything around you especially to the immediate rear. Perhaps they are putting rear view cameras on buses now, we sure needed them in cities.

I almost squashed a bicycle rider in Seattle one time. I was making a right turn on a green light downtown when an idiot on a bicycle tried to pass me down the right side of the bus. He was below the angle I could see him through my right side mirror and apparently didn't see the big flashing turn signal on the rear of the bus or the one midway on the right side either. He got knocked off his bike and luckily for him all six wheel on the back didn't pass over him. Lucky for me a LEO on the beat saw what happened and detained the rider and waved me on.

Some drivers are complete idiots. I've had a guy in a Prius try to 'brake check' my bus on the freeway once. Not a good idea trying to make a 56,000lb vehicle stop on a dime. Then there was the car backing out of a freeway exit on dark and rainy night. Or the guy passing my bus on I5 in a 70mph zone playing the flute, steering with his knees using the steering wheel as a music stand for his sheet music. You see a lot from a bus or truck on the highway. Lots that you don't want to see.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-08-12

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 2:11 pm

Jim Caudill wrote:
If you clicked on "More" in the description, you would learn that he died right there. He lived for a matter of seconds before he laid down and died. So sad and so stupid. I was taught from the time I started riding a bicycle to never get close to trucks. Even when riding my Goldwing, I didn't dwell in the vicinity of a semi-truck.

If you read further on you'll see this
https://www.facebook.com/1746743092049404/posts/1850078925049153/

and he DID live.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2014-02-13

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 6:56 am

Well, seeing as he did live I hope he's just a little bit smarter. But then again maybe he thinks he can do better next time and give it another try. How's the old saying go? If at first you don't succeed try try again...
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Perhaps he could make some money on the side renting his head out for a chock.
Back to top Go down
northernplains
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
northernplains

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-09-29

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Wow! What a great video.....the stupid are so entertaining. Can't believed he lived.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2016-01-02

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Ouch. What a bonehead .. Had to look it up but there are 22 bones in a complete skull. I'm sure he stressed a few. People die from lesser trauma than that SO lucky. I think he''''''''''''''''''''''''''ll be a little more careful from now on.

Chock or maybe an anvil. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2019-10-22

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 11:25 pm

At least he wasn't listening to the music that those people recording him were listening to.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sepp

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2019-10-09

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

There are lots of guys outside for the Darvin award
http://gif-finder.com/funny-motorcycle-accident/

https://www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+accident+gif

Two things from driving school stood with me my whole life.
On 2 wheels you have always to think for 2, your self and the other driver what comes at you (from what side ever, even behind)  - so look out for places to go even it it is off the road.
Second, always drive into a curve you can not see the other end - so you can stop in half the way you can see. A boulder. oil or something nastier can always happen.
These both rules served me well for 45 years.

Picture wife and Burgman 400 K2 with some little stones on the road down a very curvy road (luckily for us we came up the hill and were slow anyhow)

What make..... Badabi10
Back to top Go down
http://malaguti-spidermax.blogspot.com/
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 11:44 pm

Agreed. Thinking ahead is critical. One of the first things I learned when I got my pilot's license was to pick out an area within gliding distance where you could put your aircraft down without injuries to those aboard, as you pass beyond reach of that spot you need to spot a new place and so on. It's much the same when driving. You have a 360 degree patch all around you and your vehicle that you have to keep a constant watch on.

We have a lot of roads around here with steep banks right at the edge of the road. Especially on a bike you need to stay toward the edge of the road for two reasons. An oncoming vehicle may be swinging wide because they hit the turn too fast. If you're riding in the left edge of your side of the road there may be no way to avoid the oncoming surprise. If you're close to the edge where the ground rises steeply one has to be ready to avoid rocks that may have fallen onto the road or sand and/or gravel kicked out by a passing truck.

If you happen to travel highway 199 from the coast through some of the redwood forest toward I5 in Southern Oregon watch for those things and be careful there are more accidents and fatal crashes on that road than any other in Oregon. Just because it's comprised of a lot of curves, rises and dips. And dips driving too. The road does pass through and edge of Northern California and Southern Oregon.
Back to top Go down
Sepp
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sepp

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2019-10-09

What make..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What make.....   What make..... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Ahhhhh Oregon drove my newly bought 32 foot widebody RV there to register (save California sales tax) and made my driver license in Lakeview. Did my driver test (bring your own car) in the brand new nearly 2.50 yards wide RV down the streets of Lakeview, especially the backing up part without a rear view camera was lots of fun. After that a tour towards wizard island in Crater Lake. I still remember the lots of road workers with people holding signs to slow you down. Good Millennium the last Millennium.
Attachments
What make..... AttachmentGAL5.JPG
over a year later we had a ramp with holder on the back for the bike and longhorns in the front.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(52 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
Back to top Go down
http://malaguti-spidermax.blogspot.com/

What make.....
Page 1 of 1