Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Parking Brake Pad Installation ... H E L P !!!!
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby Delray Today at 4:29 pm

» Honda shop maintenance
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby cube Yesterday at 11:34 pm

» Should I trust 13 year old tires or replace?
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby cube Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Rails / mounting for panniers
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby trunkmusic Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» Booster Plug
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby Wing808 Yesterday at 4:51 pm

» Hi, I'm the newest member!
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby DavidI Yesterday at 3:50 pm

» New Hagon rear shocks jacked up and centre stand mod
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Yesterday at 11:26 am

» Newbie from London is here :)
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby Wing808 Yesterday at 2:55 am

» Wanted used Corbin
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:40 pm

» Change of Seat Colour
10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

10c drinks.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2009-01-19

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Four old retired guys are walking down a street in LA. They turned a corner and
see a sign that says, Old Timer's Bar - all drinks 10 cents!

They look at each other, and then go in, thinking this is too good to be true.

The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, 'Come on in and let me pour
one for you! What'll it be, Gentlemen?'

There seemed to be a fully-stocked bar, so each of the men ask for a martini.. In short order,
the bartender serves up four iced Martinis…….. shaken, not stirred, and says, 'That'll be 10 cents each, please.'

The four men stare at the bartender for a moment. Then look at each other……..they can't
believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their Martinis, and order another round.

Again, four excellent Martinis are produced and the bartender again saying, 'That's 40 cents, please. They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity is more than they can stand.
They have each had two Martinis and so far they've spent less than a dollar.

Finally one of the men says, 'How can you afford to serve Martinis as good as these for a 10 cents each?'
'I'm a retired tailor from Sydney,' the bartender said, 'and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery for $25 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs ten cents - wine, liquor, beer, it's all the same.'

Wow!!!! That's quite a story,' says one of the men.

The four of them sipped at their Martinis and couldn't help but notice seven other people at the end of the bar who didn't have drinks in front of them, and hadn't ordered anything the whole time they were there. One man gestures at the seven at the end of the bar without drinks and asks the bartender, 'What's with them?'

The bartender says, 'Oh, they're all Scooter club members waiting for happy hour when drinks are half price.'
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-07-16

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 12:10 am

I wanna go to this bar! Cheap drinks and scooter riders? Sounds like heaven to me! And dont think youre gonna tell me it was "Just a joke!"-Im smarter than that!
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2018-03-02

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 2:20 am

As a group, ham radio operators are the cheapest, tightest, group I have ever encountered. I didn't become a ham until 2012 at the age of 61. As I became more immersed in the hobby, I was shocked at how tight these old guys could squeeze a penny. It seems to be deeply ingrained to complain about how much something costs, or how they could make something similar for half the cost. I still don't get it; I think amateur radio equipment is a very good value, but they just seem to enjoy complaining about everything.

Great joke by the way. I may have to appropriate it and change "Scooter Club" to "hams". Razz
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2009-01-19

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 am

Jim Caudill...go for it, I stole it off another site, changed the location from OZ and changed the grouping to Scooter riders..
scOOter, It is true.. 10c drinks for all, but you will need to hire shop glasses @$20 per hour.

It's just up the road from Union Station.

Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2016-01-02

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 11:44 am

Don't tell the Harley guys never be an empty seat in the place again.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
10c drinks..... 510-80

Number of posts : 2928
Registration date : 2010-02-17

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 pm

rolling laughter rolling laughter rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-08-12

10c drinks..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10c drinks.....   10c drinks..... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Jim Caudill wrote:
As a group, ham radio operators are the cheapest, tightest, group I have ever encountered. I didn't become a ham until 2012 at the age of 61. As I became more immersed in the hobby, I was shocked at how tight these old guys could squeeze a penny. It seems to be deeply ingrained to complain about how much something costs, or how they could make something similar for half the cost. I still don't get it; I think amateur radio equipment is a very good value, but they just seem to enjoy complaining about everything.

Great joke by the way. I may have to appropriate it and change "Scooter Club" to "hams". Razz

Oh that's nasty.  As a licenced UK amateur I'm so offended I'll have to have a Martini and a lie down  Razz Razz Razz

G1DDS
Back to top Go down

10c drinks.....
Page 1 of 1