Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What make.....
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Today at 7:20 am

» Fitting a alarm on Swing?
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Today at 4:41 am

» Tupperware removal/reassembly order reference - please review
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby craigory Today at 3:02 am

» Howdy from the Canary Islands
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 1:29 am

» Any help on tyres
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby exavid Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» Silver Wing Theft Risk?
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby exavid Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» 85 thousand miles
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby exavid Yesterday at 8:44 pm

» coolant leak
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 8:43 pm

» A Picture is worth more than 1000 words -how about a video?
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby Sepp Yesterday at 1:01 pm

» EXTREME CVT TUNING
Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeby Sepp Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wanted used Corbin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 9:21 pm

I know this is a long shot but I would like to buy a used Corbin saddle for my 2013 silverwing.   I love the scooter but the butt stop is killing me on longer rides. I tried a “backrest conversion” but that made it impossible for my wife to ride with me.

Please message me with what you have and what you would want for it.
Also if you know of another brand I should troll on the web please let me know.

Thank you
Dan
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2018-03-02

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 10:21 pm

PM sent with info.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 1:49 pm

I am just looking for a base seat, but it sounds like Jim has a nice one if anyone is interested in one with a backrest…

Thanks Dan
Back to top Go down
Yaj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Yaj

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 12:09 am

Hi Jim,
I'm interested in the seat.
What are you asking for it, and what color is it?
Thank you,
Jay
Back to top Go down
gustav
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-04-13

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 7:01 am

Hello Dan, I removed the butt-bump and found a huge sheepskin online, installed the skin, works great for me.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 9:50 pm

gustav wrote:
Hello Dan, I removed the butt-bump and found a huge sheepskin online, installed the skin, works great for me.

How would a sheepskin attach?  I thought there was a lip to seal the under seat storage that would prevent rolling it under the seat and lacing it across the seat pan. …  any chance someone could post a picture of the underside of the seat with a sheep skin attached?
Also any chance you remember the size ordered? Or was it just a skin you cut to fit the seat?

Thank you
 Dan
Back to top Go down
gustav
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Hello Dan, found the info.! Google Comfy Sheepskin. You should be able to find, Sheepskin Rough Cut European Seat Cover, appox. 21"x21" Ad also says by Saddle Guard. $77, I bought a silver one to match the Silverwing. Attached with what was provided, no problems what-so-ever. Let me know how it goes. Paul
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:47 pm

Do u keep the sheep skin covered when parked away from home? Does it get wet if exposed to rain/liquids?
Back to top Go down
gustav
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Hello, I just leave it on & ride.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 7:53 pm

If it gets wet, I shake it out.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Sorry, not sure why the system kept my earlier post and asked me if I wanted it SAVED.

Do u keep the sheep skin covered when parked away from home? Does it get wet if exposed to rain/liquids?
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 10:17 am

So I tried it without the butt stop in place and it did add a little legroom, but I missed having the stop there. I only put a towel over the brackets, not a sheep skin, but they sure hurt when pressed into.  Are you removing the brackets ? or is the sheep skin thick enough to cover them up?

No matter what I am still interested in a used Corbin  saddle, so if you have one you are willing to sell without backrests please let me know.

Dan
Back to top Go down
gustav
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Hello Dan, sheepskin is thick enough for me. I'm 5' 9'', 30'' inseam. I don't cover it when parked away from home & just shake it out when wet. Paul
Back to top Go down
gustav
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Yes, I left the brackets on. I also was thinking Corbin, I know they are Quality, but, man are they ever pricey!
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 pm

The seat that I have for sale is promised. Sale pending after Dorian cleanup is done.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Tried a sit and fly seat cover to cover the brackets, not enough, still hurt.

I am still interested in a corbin if anyone has one for sale without backrests…

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2015-06-13

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 2:40 pm

DLK,I always remove the butt/stops on all my Swings cause don't like confinement and it gives me easier access to passenger's pillion on long rides. I bought a sheep skin on Ebay that came from Australia ( 26"x 31") with long naps and the wife sewed on four 10" Velcro straps. After a year I still haven't tried it. Dumb me !
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Hello Gustov.

I will give a thumbs up to lambs wool. I had a custom seat cover made in 1" shearling for my Goldwing. While it wasn't going to win a beauty contest it was VERY comfortable. The company was local and specialized in medical seat coverings for wheel chairs etc. I left the seat with them and picked it up finished. About $300. in 2006 ish.

Here in Arizona rain is rare. Getting wet isn't an ever present consideration. A trash bag on those few days is ample. Now, if the thing did get wet you would have a butt sogging mess for sure.

I did not care for my experience with Corbin. I sat on one once. It felt like a 2" X 8" oak plank. Enough said.

Back to top Go down
Delray
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 4:21 pm

"I did not care for my experience with Corbin. I sat on one once. It felt like a 2" X 8" oak plank. Enough said."

"It feels like a wooden bench." That was my first reaction to sitting on a Corbin. The salesman explained that hard feeling comes from stronger foam padding, which provides better, longer-lasting support for your spine. That means, almost counter-intuitively, the more it feels like a wooden bench, the more comfortable you will be after riding for four hours.

Corbin's mold to your bottom over time for added comfort. Three Corbin seats later, I wouldn't ride with anything else.

The other night I was on my Wing for 4.5 hours, up to Palm Beach, down to Miami Beach and home along the Everglades. Got off the bike and I felt like I could do it all again ... except for the fact that it was 2:00 a.m. and I'm not 23 years old.

Night riding in the subtropics of South Florida is spectacular, by the way. It's so relaxing with warm air and soothing breezes under a canopy of stars with puffy white clouds rushing to get somewhere (unlike me). There are palm trees everywhere and little traffic. I'm sure our colleagues in Hawaii and Arizona have enjoyed similar experiences.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Here in Hawaii 2am is not a good time to be on the road. Bars close at 2am. Also dangerous from 6am to 9am, and 3pm to 7pm. Too many frustrated drivers on the road. Thank goodness I am retired. Always schedule my appointments outside of those hours.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Delray wrote:
"I did not care for my experience with Corbin. I sat on one once. It felt like a 2" X 8" oak plank. Enough said."

Corbin's mold to your bottom over time for added comfort. Three Corbin seats later, I wouldn't ride with anything else.

Does that mean a Corbin seat will only mold to the original owner? That might explain why I didn't like the Corbin seat that came with the Swing I purchased and rode for 1.5 years. Never been more happy when I purchased my current 2013 Swing with the original seat.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Delray

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm

"Here in Hawaii 2am is not a good time to be on the road. Bars close at 2am"

I avoid Friday and Saturday nights for that reason. Being semi-retired and working at home, I can ride late on other nights (Sunday nights are great) when there's no traffic or drunks on the roads. I imagine bar closing times is an issue anywhere, give or take an hour. They've always closed at 4:00 a.m. in Buffalo NY, so if you're awake early for a ride you can encounter drunk drivers from the night before.

"Does that mean a Corbin seat will only mold to the original owner? That might explain why I didn't like the Corbin seat that came with the Swing I purchased and rode for 1.5 years."

Not aware of any scientific exploration of this but logic says if a previous owner had a Corbin seat for a long time, it had been shaped to the posterior of that previous owner.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2018-07-16

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 pm

My wifes Swing came with a Corbin with a backrest. Well used but lovingly cared for. Its very comfortable and looks great but I dont like it. I slide around on it all the time, and I have to cover it when washing the scooter. If it was my scooter I would trade it for a stock/OEM seat, but she likes it to much to come off of it. Whats funny is I have a Corbin on my 98 Zuma, and the leather does not seem as slippery as her seat. Dang, that sounds naughty!
Back to top Go down
TdLpps
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2019-04-08

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Just posted a near-new Corbin for sale. PM me if interested.

Thanks Delray for the notification.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 1:54 pm

TdLpps wrote:
Just posted a near-new Corbin for sale.  PM me if interested.

Thanks Delray for the notification.

Thank you for the notification, and offer to sell. I have been watching your swing on craigslist for some time.
Welcome to the group. I wish we could have been a part of your building it up and planning the trip.  Not just the parting out part.

As to the seat thank you for the offer to sell,  A new one basic no backrests in black can be had online for $ 500.00 to my house . $460.00 shipped seems a bit strong to me for a used one to me.  Maybe it’s just me and if anyone else is interested feel free.

The joke listed here   http://www.silverwing600.com/t11343-10c-drinks#115655  10cent drinks fits me well.
I will wait and search till I find a used one in the $250-300 range, or I will pony up the big bucks and have it made by corbin to my specs with the drivers portion pushed back for more leg room.

Also
Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions to change around the factory seat to make it work better for me, it has been fun trying things out. Sheep skin is next..  And if any member with over 6 months being a member would like to try the sit and fly (  http://www.silverwing600.com/t11349-sit-and-fly-seat-cover  )for shipping only  please just post up and send me a pm.

Thank you
 Dan
Back to top Go down
TdLpps
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2019-04-08

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 pm

No problem. I get it, and understand.

Because this one was all-leather and a few other options, it was over $600 by the time I had it coming to my house. Corbin's shipping was on top of that.

However, it'll do someone a lot better on their bike than in my garage, and if you wanted to converse via PM we could probably find some middle ground that would result in a seat on your Wing.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Those Corbin seats are HEAVY! I just shipped on to Florida and the shipping cost was over $100. I let them package it for another $33 (and I ate that cost). It takes a big box to handle all the curves. Don't forget insurance either - it is a valuable item. The shipping cost is a big detriment to selling used Corbin seats. I don't think the factory shipping is much cheaper either. Without any fancy options, the basic seat with backrest is $876 plus shipping and tax. It is well over $1,000 to get one of those things delivered to Ohio!
Back to top Go down
Delray
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Delray

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 9:47 pm

"or I will pony up the big bucks and have it made by corbin to my specs with the drivers portion pushed back for more leg room."

Customizing is what makes the high cost of a Corbin worth it for me. I had the seat pushed back 3 inches so I can stretch out my legs fully. Most comfortable two-wheeled ride I ever had. I'm 6'1" if that helps with your measurements.

If you customize, ask them about "shaving." I had the sides around the nose of the seat narrowed so it's easier to extend my legs or slide forward to stand up.

"I don't think the factory shipping is much cheaper either."

Corbin charged me $65 for shipping. And it came in a box so secure they could have transported live goldfish in it.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 pm

TdLpps wrote:

However, it'll do someone a lot better on their bike than in my garage, and if you wanted to converse via PM we could probably find some middle ground that would result in a seat on your Wing.

Thanks.

PM sent, just not sure you have enough posts to pm yet... Im still new myself.

Thanks
Dan
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Wanted used Corbin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted used Corbin   Wanted used Corbin I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Looks like I have found a used corbin... And one built for a tall guy to boot!! (im 6'4")
Thank you for all the advice and tips.
Back to top Go down

Wanted used Corbin
Page 1 of 1