Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Introducing myself.
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby CodyAlanB5 Today at 2:53 pm

» Corbin Seat
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby exavid Today at 12:55 pm

» Scooter Magazine needs your help
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby DLK Today at 12:43 pm

» Should I buy this SW? Need some help.
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby Delray Today at 10:02 am

» Fuel pressure regulator
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby masscoot Today at 7:23 am

» WTB OEM Variator assembly.
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby CodyAlanB5 Today at 2:25 am

» Just got 2007 with only 2,100 miles. Change fluids? What else?
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Today at 12:32 am

» The wife................
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby gustav Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:05 pm

» Yet another new Silverwing owner
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:31 am

» Bad Brakeswitch
Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:18 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing Trike for sale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
glennj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-09-29

Silverwing Trike for sale Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing Trike for sale   Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

My wife got her first bike at 68. The 2006 Silverwing with a 2016 Motor Trike conversion kit, installed by Berger's Motorcycle, saw her through many happy miles. The windscreen was replaced with a Givi adjustable.  As you can see from the pictures the bike is in good cosmetic condition and is in fine running order.  The battery needs to be replaced and the buyer will receive a new battery.

The bike has 8k miles, has been dealer serviced and garage kept, and 6k of those miles were by a little old lady (Don't tell my wife I said that).  We have been throughout NJ and western Ohio with shorter trips to upstate NY, VT and CT.

Although we have 12k in the bike the 9k the dealer was asking was excessive. I think 6k is a reasonable price.
Attachments
Silverwing Trike for sale Attachmentrsz_cropped_sw_mileage.jpg
The mileage is currently 8388 but this may change slightly
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(224 Kb) Downloaded 23 times
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Trike for sale   Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 11:15 pm

I hope this is not the same one I drove all the way to New Jersey/Bergers Cycles to consider buying and was told I COULD NOT RIDE IT!? What? I had cash, my own insurance and trike experience. The owner of the dealership would ride my wife around the parking lot. Really funny, that guy! My findings are under another thread, if it is the same trike. If not, sorry for bringing your trike into it. The one they had was in rough condition for the miles and something just didnt seem right.
Back to top Go down
glennj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Bad experience at Bergers   Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 pm

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Bergers. I don't know if it was this bike you came to look at but when we consigned it there we maintained insurance and told them that serious people could test ride. I would not buy a bike (or car) without riding it first.  There are too many things you can only find out by a test ride.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Trike for sale   Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 pm

It really made my wife and I mad. Drove all the way from Norfolk, VA. If the thread discussing it is on this form, I will attempt to find it. It might be on the Burgman USA forum though. Anyways, no one wanted to help us. Then, when someone did acknowledge us, we waited forever for them to bring it around. So, while waiting, I looked it over really good. Super dirty and all the Motortrike hardware was rusty. Someone must have had a charging port in the left glove box, and just cut it out and left the still hot wire dangling. The dangling wire was tapped into the rear tail light with what looked like clear packing tape. Many other small issues found so by the time they told us "No test ride" we just got in the car and drove home. Bergers should have just told us up front about the "No test rides" policy so we could have saved our time. And that trike they had listed should have got a good wash and gone over. Oh well, live and learn.
Back to top Go down
glennj
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Berger Trike   Silverwing Trike for sale I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 9:53 am

I'd be interested to see the thread. I don't think one you looked at is mine. Like you, I'd be furious with that treatment.

I've only dealt with Bergers as a buyer of their bike. When we did they said resale would be no problem, but they were never able to get the job done when the time came.

My wife is currently driving a GL 1800 trike and we use Bergers for maintenance. If there are problem at the dealership I'd like to know.

Regards
-Glenn
Back to top Go down

Silverwing Trike for sale
Page 1 of 1