Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Truly back in the fold!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Truly back in the fold! Empty
PostSubject: Truly back in the fold!   Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 10:07 pm

I agreed to purchase a nice looking '08 Silverwing yesterday. I'm just waiting for current owner to re-license it. Should pick it up tomorrow.

I was hoping to find an ABS model but this one was so good looking I couldn't pass it up.

The fellow who's purchased my BMW C650GT will be arriving from Southern California Saturday.

Now I need to go online to find a small Givi top box for the scooter as well as a few other things, Kisan headlight modulator and perhaps another Corbin seat. That seat was great on my past Silverwing.

I'll miss some of the features of the GT but with slowly advancing arthritis in my hands and back I'm not going to be making long trips on a bike anymore and the SW is handier in town and trips to nearby towns.

I welcome the lower seat height and weight too.
small moped chickendance
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2019-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Truly back in the fold!   Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 6:40 am

Ya Hoo! As I've said, like my SilerWing much more than the c 600 sport I had. I purchased a Givi 40 litre Monokey topcase & rack from Revzilla, also Black Path Racing mirror extensions on ebay for 20$. Two good choices. Congratulations! Paul C
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Truly back in the fold!   Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 am

Welcome back, Paul. We forgive your brief dalliance with that gold digger Beemer babe.  Wink

Tim

It's not as if you ever left though...
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Truly back in the fold!   Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 am

Hey Cosmic Jumper - Now how could I ever have severed myself from this forum with such excellent well behaved members. Heck even Meldrew's posts are interesting and informative.
(he paid me for that)

The BMW 650GT is a fine machine. However it's pretty tall and heavy for old geezers with short legs and bad knees. I preferred it for longer trips like from Medford to San Diego to visit my daughter and to Seattle to see my brother. But most of my use for the last couple of years has been mostly local and to neighboring towns. The lighter weight and lower seat height of the SW makes it better for day tripping and errands. I like the sound of the SW better, the GT did sound a bit like a threshing machine. I also like the looks of the SW better than the rather avant-garde German bike.

A heck of a lot easier to work on too, it's apparently impossible for anyone to get a BMW shot manual while it's easy to get Honda manuals from Helm inc.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Truly back in the fold!   Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Just got my new-to-me '08 Black Silverwing. It was fun riding a SW again tonight, kind of a re-acquaintance ride. Sure felt lighter, much more nimble. Little more vibration but not objectionable. It's nice to have a bike that can run on low octane fuel with ethanol, neither of which the C650GT liked.

The SW is a lot easier to work on as well and I just happened to still have a Honda shop manual for it. Not quite as good for longer rides on the freeway but still quite doable as I've done with a SW before. All and all I'm very pleased with this really nice looking SW.

Of course putting $1500 dollars in the bank from the difference in selling the BMW and buying the Honda was pretty nice too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truly back in the fold!   Truly back in the fold! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truly back in the fold!
Page 1 of 1