Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Introducing myself.
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby CodyAlanB5 Today at 2:53 pm

» Corbin Seat
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby exavid Today at 12:55 pm

» Scooter Magazine needs your help
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby DLK Today at 12:43 pm

» Should I buy this SW? Need some help.
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby Delray Today at 10:02 am

» Fuel pressure regulator
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby masscoot Today at 7:23 am

» WTB OEM Variator assembly.
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby CodyAlanB5 Today at 2:25 am

» Just got 2007 with only 2,100 miles. Change fluids? What else?
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Today at 12:32 am

» The wife................
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby gustav Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:05 pm

» Yet another new Silverwing owner
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:31 am

» Bad Brakeswitch
WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:18 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sonuvabug
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2010-09-15

WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat Empty
PostSubject: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 10:34 am

I've never been satisfied in the way my stock seat feels ... especially ion a longer ride. It feels like someone is giving me a reverse wedgy!

However, I just can't justify spending the dough to buy a brand new seat. However, sometimes people sell used ones in good shape so I'm shouting out just in case.

If you, or someone you know has a good one for sale, drop me a PM. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
CathyN

Number of posts : 767
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Len have you tried the Airhawk? That is what I used shortly after I bought my Swing. It worked for me. Back in 1011 it cost me about $129. Well worth it.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 1:23 pm

+1 on the Airhawk, love mine, just don't over inflate.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 4:48 pm

I had an Airhawk until it developed a leak and I tossed it. It was made of the "old" material that couldn't be patched. I understand the new ones can be patched.

It work OK. Still not the level of comfort I am seeking. I don't want perfection, but I'll know the "feel
when I get it. Believe me, I've tried Airhawk, beads, lambswool, gel seat and nothing. And just like the last one ... nothing really works for me.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 5:15 pm

I googled "honda silverwing corbin for sale" and came up with this. It's $150 less than new (not including tax and Corbin's $65 shipping fee). Maybe you can offer less and haggle a bit.

https://grantspass.showmethead.com/car-parts/350-corbin-leather-saddleseat-for-honda-silverwing-fsc600-scooter_18702344.html

It's hard to find a used Corbin because people usually sell them with the bikes. Two of my Wings came with them and I ordered my current Corbin new from the company. Pricey but worth every penny to me. Every ride I take is more comfortable and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks for posting up the link. Unfortunately, for me it led to a real estate company ... not the seat ad.
Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Delray

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2019 5:30 pm

I just tried the link and the seat is there. You have to scroll down.

https://grantspass.showmethead.com/car-parts/350-corbin-leather-saddleseat-for-honda-silverwing-fsc600-scooter_18702344.html
Back to top Go down
Russ Wristen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-06-25

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:02 am

I guess I was lucky but I found a used silver wing Corbin seat on Facebook through a local post on a scooter club out of Dallas. I went to pick it up yesterday and it looks brand new even though he said he rode on it. . I’m looking forward to putting it on my swing in just a little bit. I also purchased a givi windshield and fortunately there is an installation tutorial on YouTube but it looks like a booger so I’m not looking forward to that. Eventually though but not today. I gave $400 for the seat.

Originally I reached out to Corban but though they said on the website that they respond within 24 hours that was a week ago. I had attempted to purchase a seat through their website but on payment it was rerouted to a page that said Rat Fink.com at the very bottom. Weird. It looked like a scam page trying to get my credit card information so I wrote them and asked if that was their website and if not could they please get in touch with me. I received no answer. They lost a sale but I’m sure they won’t miss it. I’m happy with my used seat today.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Delray
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Delray

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 am

What a great find -- a local Corbin and you saved hundreds of dollars.

Did you get the Corbin shock arm with the seat? The Corbin is heavier than the stock seat so they provide a stronger arm. They also provide special bolts for the seat.

If you have the basic GIVI screen (214DT, not the double-screen Airflow) installation is super easy, less than 20 minutes (there are a couple really bad Silver Wing videos on YouTube, with rambling, innocuous narrative and even worse camerawork. I think GIVI installation might be one of them).

TO INSTALL: Remove two screws on the outer sides of the dash and two screws hidden in the front air intake and slip off the front garnish. Photo attached: be aware of the hooks/tabs on the inside of the garnish. You want to lift up a little (credit card works nicely) and pull DOWN gently, away from the hooks.

You will see the bolts for the windscreen. GIVI matched the placement of holes in their screen to these holes so you just unscrew them, remove the old screen and carry on. One caution: don't push down too hard on the screws into the rubber grommets on the bike, or the grommets can fall into the bowels of the bike, and you will have to find new ones or spend three hours removing a boatload of tupperware to recover them.

WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat Windsh13
Back to top Go down
Russ Wristen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-06-25

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Uh ... YES ... I got that shock arm and you are right it WAS heavy duty, so much in fact I could not get the seat to latch.

So.... I tried removing it the Southern ingenuity way by twisting it — unfortunately the damn thing broke. Oh well I don’t plan on parting it out and raising the seat to put anything under it isn’t that difficult but it sure was with that damn shock on it.

Actually when I bought it he said to me that would be a decision I would have to make on whether or not to use the shock. He shared that he did not. I discovered why because that sucker was tight. It’s broke now😝Oh well.

The extra cushioning that this seat offers is great. I rode it around on my property and I could tell a world of difference between this Corbin seat and the stock seat.

He had the back rest for $200 and I just did not feel like spending the extra. However I’m going to ride it tonight and over the next few days if I think that I need the back rest I’ll buy it from him.

The story was he spent the last year updating his swing and then his wife bought him the newer model Honda I forget the name but it’s an automatic single speed as well. He did not have a trike like I do.

Originally he was just offering the bike. I contacted him on messenger to see if he would part out the seat and maybe the windshield. It turned out that he had a spare brand new windshield he had never used. So, he was parting out the accessories he had bought. He also had side cases, a rear case, upgraded muffler, and the back rest.

And yes it is the Givi adjustable shield.

By the way thank you for the simpler instructions, those look a lot easier than that 13 minute video I watched which required taking the whole front end off.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Delray
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Delray

PostSubject: Re: WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat   WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Glad you're enjoying the new seat! I love Corbins. I just finished a two-hour ride; they're so comfy.

I'm on my third but have yet to own one that closes neatly. A big reason why I plunked down $250 for the passenger backrest was to use it as a handle, to easily line up the seat hook with the latch and slam it shut (with one attempt). Without the backrest, lining up the hook and latch with both hands on either side of the seat was an ongoing recipe for frustration. Clang, clang, clang, clang, shut.

I believe Corbin sells the shock arm separately if you want a new one.

For the GIVI Airflow (adjustable), I'm not familiar with that, so I don't know if my instructions hold true. The handy search box on the upper left of this page will provide answers, just look for "Airflow." It definitely does NOT involve removing the front cover -- I remember that video.

How much property do you have to ride around? For me, that would entail pulling my Wing onto a 20' x 20' patio to park it under a big sun umbrella, or continuing on into a roofed/screened outdoor room if it's going to rain. Guess that's the difference between the wide open spaces of Texas and the circuit board density of South Florida (the heat and humidity, we have in common ;o).
Back to top Go down

WTB - Corbin (or similar type) Seat
Page 1 of 1