Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 8:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 5:55 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 2:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:35 am

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:58 pm

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Driver foot peg extension mod question

Go down 
+2
Loosemarbles
Russ Wristen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Russ Wristen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2019-06-25

Driver foot peg extension mod question Empty
PostSubject: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 10:10 am

So I have been riding my new to me 2006 Honda Silverwing around my property which is rather extensive down here in Texas and I’ve noticed that my legs get tired of having to hug the straight floorboard even though I’m just on the bike for less than an hour.

My legs and feet want to spread out a little bit.

I’ve noticed that there are extended foot pegs available for regular motorcycles which allow the rider to widen his leg stance on the bike to ride more comfortably.

Is there any kind of foot peg extension that I could use on my silver wing?

If so a picture would be nice maybe a model number, source and price.

On cursory examination there does not appear to be any kind of attachment point to allow an aftermarket foot extension to be mounted, but if I just had an extra 6 inches on either side where my feet are currently resting I know that I will be much more comfortable.

Has anyone ever had this issue?
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1561
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 am

I don't know of any mod for this so might have to have some made for you. If you have a look under the rubber matting on the floorboards you'll see a fairly substantial bolt head which fastens the floor board to the frame, maybe that would be a good mounting point?

Of course, widening your leg position would expose your feet to the slipstream. Could be draughty.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Remove the buttrest. Just take out the two small bolts under the seat and slide the buttrest forward -- it has two metal prongs, like skis, that fit into tracks in the seat. Sometimes you have to punch the buttrest a few times from the rear to jar it loose.

Sans buttrest, you can stretch out your legs like you're in a recliner (assuming you're not 6'10" tall ... I'm 6'1").

I ended up getting a Corbin seat for extra legroom and comfort. They will customize where the buttrest is positioned.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Seadog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 4:36 am

I can't imagine wanting to have wider footpegs.

I rarely ride with my feet on the straight, lower, flat part of the footboard, though: it feels a bit insecure, like I'm perched on the bike, and cramped.  (I am about 6' 1".)   Instead, I usually have my feet well forward and against the upward sloping part.  I tend to have my heels about 1/2" to 1" back along the flat part, rather than my feet completely flat against the upward sloping bit of the footboards.   This sort of wedges me between the footboards and backrest and gives me a comfortable ankle angle.

I've ridden all day like that in comfort (perhaps just occasionally splaying my toes outward, or moving my feet back to the flat lower part, for a few minutes for a change).  

When I first had the 'Wing, I thought I'd need to move the backrest backwards, or remove it altogether, but soon became used to it (or settled into the foot position described above) and now find it, and its relationship to the front part of the footboards, very comfortable.

I suggest you try sticking with it as standard for a bit longer before committing to mods, and try different foot and sitting positions.  You might find that you, too, settle into it.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 am

Remember----HighWay pegs that stick out can ground easy....and up set the whole bike. I suggest ride your SilverWing 5-10,000 miles, then make any changes. They can be fairly comfortable when you are used to them and in shape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver foot peg extension mod question   Driver foot peg extension mod question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver foot peg extension mod question
Page 1 of 1