Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Photo of the windscreen garnish?
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 8:14 pm

» Sunny and 70 deg.
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 5:34 pm

» Drive belt wrong way round, problem?
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 4:58 pm

» Air Screw adjustment
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 4:55 pm

» Corona Virus
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby rustysdream Today at 4:37 pm

» Trunk light switch.
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Garfeild Today at 12:48 pm

» New Florida member!
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 12:11 pm

» wobbly back wheel
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 11:08 am

» Fantastic RAM Phone Mount
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Yesterday at 4:54 pm

» Water Pump
Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:08 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hyperpro spring install step by step

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ejscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2017-05-08

Hyperpro spring install step by step Empty
PostSubject: Hyperpro spring install step by step   Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 8:39 am

Bought the Hyperpro front fork spring kit and am getting ready to install. Searched site for a how to video and it seems the Leroy Beal link is long gone. I know this topic has been beaten to death but if someone could point me to either a detailed how to write up or video with tools needed would much appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
cello33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro spring install step by step   Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Dont have a link but having stripped the forks out and replaced the oil its easy , just use common sense and the correct torque settings when reassembling.

Love to know how you rate the new springs as this has to be the worse part of the swing - those soggy saggy springs - mines done 12 years and 35K miles and thats the only real gripe I have - it handles ok but a manhole cover will bottom out the springs.

good luck
Back to top Go down
cello33
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro spring install step by step   Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 7:13 pm

sorry 18 years its a 2002 but love it having done 20K miles in 18 months Smile
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro spring install step by step   Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Search this site Springs Second post down. The Bern has a nice write up .
3/8 torque wrench and short 14mm socket are needed to retorque fork pinch bolts. No need to remove any plastic parts just the front wheel.

Read the whole thread and many more on springs. Springs are great. Many fork oil choices. I didn't use 20w in kit. Tried Bel-Ray 15W a little stiff. Changed it to Torco 15W a lot better.

Flush that old nasty oil out.

Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro spring install step by step   Hyperpro spring install step by step I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 5:37 am

I fitted them on my scoot it was easy enough to do pinch bolts are very tight though on the forks rest is easy, difference is well worth it transforms handling makes it more like a bike than a scoot you will not regret doing it
Back to top Go down

Hyperpro spring install step by step
Page 1 of 1