Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone wanna swap?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Anyone wanna swap? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone wanna swap?   Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:44 pm

This is just a kernel of an idea that came out of a recent conversation with my wife. It will probably amount to nothing... but it's worth a post. We were wondering if anyone wants to try a house swap this summer for a couple of weeks?

We live 45 mins out of London (by train) in the beautiful Kent countryside... the tourist sign posts say it is the 'Garden of England' and it probably deserves that title. Our property is small by US standards but it is a typical UK semi detached house, ie 3 bedrooms in a quiet/good neighbourhood. It could be an ideal base for anyone wanting to tour the South East of England, especially since we are quite close to two major motorways. However to be fair the UK is so small that most tourist places are within a 3-6 hour drive, unless you want to go to Scotland... and who wants to go there?;-)

Perhaps the swap could go even further and be a bike (and) or car swap, with appropriate insurance taken out so that both parties would have transport at either end. I would expect you all to know how to ride a Silverwing, how about a stick shift car.... good exercise for half your legs and arms!

I realise there is a whole lot of obstacles to this becoming a reality, the biggest being trust. But I thought I'd throw the idea out there in case anyone is interested and was thinking of a budget UK trip.

My son has always wanted to visit the US, so I would lean more towards a house swap in that direction.

At this stage I am not looking for any firm commitments, just to bounce the idea around and see if it's worth taking a stage further.

Last edited by wingnprayer on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Anyone wanna swap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna swap?   Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Wing:
What an interesting idea. My wife and I have used a web site called vacation rentals by owner (VRBO) to stay in some very nice places around the US. This idea is sort of an extension of that concept. We have visited the London area in the past and would love to visit again, although I'm not sure when we will be ready to go.

For discussion purposes, we have 2 places here in Colorado, one is in the Denver suburb of Littleton, (it is a large 2 story, 5 bedroom, with a large park-like yard), plus we also have a condo is in the mountain community of Silverthorne. We would consider swapping either (or both) if this idea were to come to fruition. We could discuss all the other related details (cars, motorcycles) if it seems like something that makes sense. I will approach the idea with my wife and see what she thinks about it.

I should warn you though that we have pets at the Littleton residence (2 dogs and 3 cats) and they would be there, along with our 17 year old son who would house sit/pet sit for us while we were away. The condo has no pets and you would have it all to yourselves. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath fully equipped unit with about 1,000 square feet of interior space that overlooks some beaver ponds that sometimes have moose, elk, foxes, and/or bear.

We can toss the idea around and see if the idea makes sense. Talk with you soon.
David Cloutier
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Anyone wanna swap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna swap?   Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks David, I'll discuss this with my wife. Incidentally I know the Littleton area quite well, I stayed there for work purposes twice in 08. There are some great locations for filming around Rocky foothills/Red Rocks.
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Anyone wanna swap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna swap?   Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm

I think this is a great idea for anyone who is suited to it. Of course it happens all the time as it is already. Why not extend the idea to include compatible people with similar riding interests? Good luck to you.

Also, I got a great belly laugh from the meme you posted as your avatar, wingnprayer. Thanks for the keen sense of the sublimely absurd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone wanna swap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone wanna swap?   Anyone wanna swap? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone wanna swap?
Page 1 of 1