Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 2:07 pm

» Hi there guys
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 12:20 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 12:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

» peace, love and life
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

DR Pully and Rider weight...

Go down 
+4
Delray
Lost it
Dale N.
DLK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-02

DR Pully and Rider weight... Empty
PostSubject: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 2:40 am

This may have been covered but I did not find it... Sorry if I’m beating a dead horse…

It looks like the general consensus is to run  26 or 24 gram Dr Pulley 28x20  Sliding Roller Weights.  I have  found lots of posts on how they perform, but the one thing I cannot find is general load of the silverwing. I’m fat, and I ride with my wife( who is not fat). Total load is 400-450lbs if we were loaded up with us and stuff. The stock s wing is working just fine, but I would like “more” like everyone else.  What I want to know is going to a lighter weight slider going to have problems when loaded to max? And if it is ok, what weight would be better at max load? 24? 26? Or at max load is it better to just leave stock?

Thank you
 Dan
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-14

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 3:30 am

I have 26 gram Dr Pulley sliders in my 08 SWing. It's been converted to a trike which weighs 761 Lbs according to Motor Trike. I've had good luck with them. I haven't tried different weights because these worked for me. With the trike kit I've only lost 4-5 mpg on the highway. It still have good pickup and handling. I didn't go through the hassle of before and after testing. I just put them in and rode it. I've had them in before the trike kit was put on and liked the performance.

Although, the 761 extra Lbs isn't a suspension issue it does add to the overall get up and go so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2019-05-13

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 11:16 am

Are these a "US" supplier option? I'm keen to play with just about anything....
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Do you mean the trike kit? I believe so but not sure. They are made in Texas and shipped to a dealer to be installed. I ordered it from a dealer here in Minnesota. They in turn ordered it from Motor Trike after the finances were settled. It took about a month for them to get the kit and put it on. It cost me a total of about $8,000 to make, ship and have installed. I'm not sure if they ship overseas or not.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi Dale

I meant the variator pulleys and weights. I just bought one, I'm going to change the belt because whilst he said it had just been changed, he couldn't tell me the brand of belt fitted..Two birds, one brick is what I was thinking..
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 3:36 pm

I changed my belt as soon as I bought it also.  It's best to know what you have and how old it is. My opinion, I'd go with a genuine Honda belt just to be on the safe side. I also change oil and filter with any vehicle I buy just for my peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 5:59 pm

"Are these a "US" supplier option?"

Dr. Pulley is a Taiwan company so I'm sure industrious Chinese sellers have found their way to the UK.

I installed 24 gram sliders last week (you can also buy Dr. Pulley variator guides in a set of 4 to go with the sliders). The improvement in smoothness and power was immediate. Can't go wrong for the price.

I don't know how the sliders affect the load but I'd guess it might be an improvement, since they're changing gear ratios to give you more power, faster.

I'd be more concerned about the setting on the shocks. You can adjust the rear by hand. Setting #1 is for light loads. Setting #2 is standard. Setting #5 is for the heaviest loads. Just make sure the numbers are the same on each side (and don't pinch your fingers while turning ;o).
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 7:53 pm

Going for lighter weight sliders is similar (but not the same) to lowering the gearing, it gives you more thrust at a given speed at the expense of higher revs.
Don't take this analogy too far though.
Me and the other half push the weight limit, 25g Dr P's give us a little more acceleration when we need it.
I do now get regular visits from the cvbelt light. I thinks that is just due to the ECU having a hissy fit at the disparity between engine and rear wheel speed been outside the expected parameters.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-10

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Iv'e had on order Dr.Pulley Sliding rollers SR2820/8-26 and Sliders from Dr. Pulley Tuning parts in Germany for over 3 weeks now and there still out of stock, the annoying thing is I have paid for them, so can't really get elsewhere Sad
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1561
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 9:30 pm

I installed 26g Dr Pulley rollers into a stock variator (the old ones were pretty spent!). I noticed a increase in acceleration riding solo but with pillion it was hardly noticeable and it's increased the RPM by about 300. At 70mph it runs at 5500rpm (previously 5200rpm) under all loads.

The other thing I did notice was a slight drop in acceleration when needing some grunt to overtake on motorways and open roads when loaded up but I still find it adequate. I found the 26g rollers a worthwhile addition.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 9:45 pm

So to bring the revs down for cruising, it needs to be the 24g rollers by the sound of it. Ok. Once I've got used to it I'll make a decision on that one.. I think it accelerates quite smartly as it is, I need to get familiar with it over the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 1:25 am

You guys are the best! Thank you for all of your quick and informative answers. The knowledge base here is amazing! Thank you for giving me the information I was looking for so quickly. Based on the info here I will try the 26g sliders.. but I will wait till winter teardown to do it with a new Honda belt. Also planning to do all the fluids and replace a belly panel that was broken for me when I let someone ride it and they bottomed it out… It’s just to fun to hop on and ride for now to stop to fix “what aint broke”… But its never to early to start shopping for parts on rainy days..  drunken

Dan
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-19

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 10:33 am

Loosebearing wrote:
I installed 26g Dr Pulley rollers into a stock variator (the old ones were pretty spent!). I noticed a increase in acceleration riding solo but with pillion it was hardly noticeable and it's increased the RPM by about 300. At 70mph it runs at 5500rpm (previously 5200rpm) under all loads.

The other thing I did notice was a slight drop in acceleration when needing some grunt to overtake on motorways and open roads when loaded up but I still find it adequate. I found the 26g rollers a worthwhile addition.

The rise in RPM is due to using rollers instead of sliders. The sliders will drop your RPM at anything from 60 and above due to it's physical design. Your RPM will go up higher on starts giving faster starts. With sliders you get the bennefit of faster starts with a drop in RPM (500) at traveling speeds. I tried the 26g sliders to quiet the vibrations at start, in addition a more responsive throttle. Later I changed to 24g sliders for faster starts.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Ah. So I need sliders rather than rollers.. All good info..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DR Pully and Rider weight...   DR Pully and Rider weight... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DR Pully and Rider weight...
Page 1 of 1