Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, this forum is not accepting new members. You should join www.maxi-scoots.com . They are for scooters and motorcycles and have a Silverwing section.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Please submit a picture of your Silver Wing
by Easyrider Today at 3:17 am

» First Road Trip
by tmn72tx Today at 12:48 am

» Some Notes on Rider Again
by Dale N. Today at 12:42 am

» Silverwing Bulletproof engine
by Dale N. Today at 12:27 am

» Replace tails and turns with LED bulbs
by Sidewinder Pilot Yesterday at 10:27 pm

» Tailgaters
by cliffyk Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by janitorj1 Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Silverwing in UK?
by phils a winger Yesterday at 5:28 pm

» 2018 Honda Forza...at least for Europe
by Chris Olson Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 pm

» Kawasaki Teryx
by GHM-PM Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 locks problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: locks problems   Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 am

first sorry i not posted in a while i had health problems which have finally bent delt with so i am ok and well now,
my question is the lock to start the bike is a problem,
it will not unlock the stearing lock some times in fact most of the time,
i oiled it prayed on it finally it opened but is this a honda replace for free deal or will i have to pay? the bike is still in its two years cover so any advice please respect to all den hows my flag mount coming hahhaha affraid affraid affraid swing
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2457
Location : Georgetown, Tx
Points : 6005
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: locks problems   Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:17 am

adammetselaar wrote:
first sorry i not posted in a while i had health
problems which have finally bent delt with so i am ok and well now,

Glad to hear it is better now


adammetselaar wrote:
my question is the lock to start the bike is a problem, it will not unlock the stearing lock some times in fact most of the time, i oiled it prayed on it finally it opened but is this a honda replace for free deal or will i have to pay? the bike is still in its two years cover so any advice

There is some information here that may help:
http://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/problems-getting-the-key-in-the-hole-t1043.htm#8732
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 475
Age : 43
Location : Missouri
Points : 3924
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: locks problems   Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 am

i didnt have any graphite lube so I used gun lube ,works great now.
Back to top Go down
duke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 8
Age : 63
Location : milwaukee,wi
Points : 3021
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: key will not turn-solution   Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:08 pm

2003 silverwing. The key did turn but seemed dry .used dry graphite on lock inserted key now it will not turn .I needed spare keys anyway so had some cut .wow new keys will not work.grabbed some brake cleaner protected the area blasted some into keyway while sucking with wet dry vac.Found quite a bit of junk pulled up. Just for good measure I blew out with air gun. More junk came out . insert key works great .just a note I surmise that I puffed to much graphite into lock and blocked the pins from seating or previous owner used oil and the dry lube made a mess of it.
PS I have a detailed air box mod that preserves the factory designed water ingestion
solution while increasing air flow to the k+n filter .the original snorkle is 1.5 inch
output from air box is2" modification removes old snokle and replace with 2" wet dry extensions. Air box cover is abs plastic as is the tube allowing to plastic weld. I did some air flow testing on the side panel and found some ram air effect possible by triming turn under lip {side panel} by the air box more to follow thanks duke
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2457
Location : Georgetown, Tx
Points : 6005
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: locks problems   Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 pm

duke wrote:
solution while increasing air flow to the k+n filter .the original snorkle is 1.5 inch
output from air box is2" modification removes old snokle and replace with 2" wet dry extensions. Air box cover is abs plastic as is the tube allowing to plastic weld. I did some air flow testing on the side panel and found some ram air effect possible by triming turn under lip {side panel} by the air box more to follow

Welcome to the SWing forum.

It will be interesting to see your pictures and more details on your air box modification.
Back to top Go down
 
locks problems
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: