Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2016-01-02

New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter Empty
PostSubject: New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter   New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Yamaha might be producing a new 3 wheel leaning scoot based on XMAX 300.
They applied for patents covering designs and such.

Sounds interesting I always wanted to try this type of cycle. XMAX a little short on power 28HP or so but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3182
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter   New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 12:51 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Yamaha might be producing a new 3 wheel leaning scoot based on XMAX 300.
They applied for patents covering designs and such.

Sounds interesting I always wanted to try this type of cycle.  XMAX a little short on power  28HP or so but who knows.

There's quite a few XMax 300 owners on the Muppets forum might disagree with you there about it being a little short on power.

The XMax 300 is very capable of cruising at our motorway speeds and it's Bluecore engine is very fuel efficient with owners regularly reporting 100 mpg (UK), that's 83 mpg (US). The only criticism from owners seems to be it's poor LED headlights.

It's slowly being acknowledged among the maxi scooter community over here that the new generation of 300cc scooters are the way to go. For a start, being single cylinder they're a lot lighter and there's no problem hauling these bad boys onto their main stand

Old Limey seems to be happily clocking up the miles on his SYM Cruisym 300 round the Yorkshire Dales, and leaving the heavier Silver Wing at home.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sun May 12, 2019 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter   New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 1:07 am

First, is Yamaha considering a US release? Second, how much different can it be to a Piaggio MP3? More simple design perhaps? I guess it will be a wait and see for the US. I do like the Xmax 300, and if I decided to go up in size next the Xmax would be on my short list for new scooters.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter   New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 11:19 am

New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter Scoote10

Not sure if it's going into production or even coming to US.
Patent applied for so most likely it will. 2020 Model  at earliest.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon, Rubber band guru
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2752
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter   New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Probably not coming to US as scooter market really dead here right now.....in my mind the 3 wheel leaners are sure safer then the 3 wheel trikes we have in US....and surely more fun to ride.
Back to top Go down

New Yamaha 3 wheel scooter
Page 1 of 1