Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

DLR LED lights - forum experience pls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firewall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-04-30

DLR LED lights - forum experience pls Empty
PostSubject: DLR LED lights - forum experience pls   DLR LED lights - forum experience pls I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 2:23 am

Back in the UK for 3 months leave and I now have the Swing back on the road. Smile

I am in several minds about extra daylight running lights (the small but pretty intense LEDs).  With the bike headlight on automatically, do other users really think the LEDS make a difference ? Or are they a genuine contribution to safety ?

T.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: DLR LED lights - forum experience pls   DLR LED lights - forum experience pls I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 4:11 am

Tim
I have just done that to mine & in my opinion, they do make a BIG difference especially to other road user's mate.

GoonerKev wrote:
Sorted with a new position and all working good, thanks to all that helped me, will try out later when it gets dark  Smile  Smile
DLR LED lights - forum experience pls Img_2034
DLR LED lights - forum experience pls Img_2033
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2011
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: DLR LED lights - forum experience pls   DLR LED lights - forum experience pls I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Day or night a single light (headlight) is just a point of light in the distance.
When you add lights, you give a shape to your ride (usually a triangle) which gives you substance and form and people pay more attention to that.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3217
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: DLR LED lights - forum experience pls   DLR LED lights - forum experience pls I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 2:29 pm

I have a pair mounted on a DenisB bracket; they are very effective in drawing the attention of drivers to my approach from behind them.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: DLR LED lights - forum experience pls   DLR LED lights - forum experience pls I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 4:41 pm

dspevack
I totally agree with you on that Wink

MikeO
I couldn't find any brackets around & not geared up for making one yet, so put on mudguard bolts, I also agree they get the attention of drivers whilst behind them, also the Blue light's have an effect Wink
Back to top Go down

DLR LED lights - forum experience pls
Page 1 of 1