Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Thrilled to have my Silverwing

Go down 
+5
Mech 1 twa
oldwingguy
Dale N.
Cosmic_Jumper
TXHillCountry
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TXHillCountry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-03-06

Thrilled to have my Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 am

Just bought a 2012 SW with 18K miles and couldn't be happier. I'm 66 and ride in the Texas Hill Country (beautiful). Just ordered a larger windscreen as I'm a woos for the wind and the original cuts at my throat.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 am

Hello TX 

Thanks for your introduction. Welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am

Welcome to the best SWing forum on the net TXHillCountry. There's a whole lot of info here on how to maintain your SWing. I've learned so much just by being a member here. Not to mention how interesting it is to see what others do to/with their SWings.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 11:17 am

Welcome to the fold from o-HI-o.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Welcome to the best SW site. Enjoy new ride and much info. and help here.

Spent a little time in south Texas 32 years ago. San Antonio and west. Hill Country is nice.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Welcome TX I too have a 2012, mine with 23K and I have a longer windshield too!!! Good choice. Send pictures when you can!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 2:23 am

Welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. One thing to check on windshield height is that you can see over it without straining. In some rain conditions, especially on a wet highway with trucks and cars throwing spray you need to be able to see over the top of the screen. Damp evenings can fog up the screen and be difficult to keep off. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gone through a dip I in the road and had instantly fogged windshield passing through the dip.

When I installed a windshield on various motorcycles and my Silverwings I sit on the bike with both stands retracted and look over the top of the screen. I mark the top of the screen at the point where my sight line intersects the ground about 60-70 feet ahead. Then I trim the screen to that height copying the shape of the original top edge but lower as needed.
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 6:22 pm

greetings from arky!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1553
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Welcome TX. I put a GiVi 214 on my SW. I look through it while sitting normally but during rain I just lift my torso slightly to see over it. It's a custom thing so check out what suits you.

It's a funny thing....When I have my sun visor down, my clear visor down (including my 'pinlok' anti-mist  visor attachment, and then look 'through' my screen, I'm looking through four sheets of plastic. How can I actually see anything??...but I can !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrilled to have my Silverwing   Thrilled to have my Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thrilled to have my Silverwing
Page 1 of 1