Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Need new front tire

Go down 
+4
john grinsel
Mech 1 twa
Dale N.
Pastor Ron
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Need new front tire Empty
PostSubject: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 pm

I need to get a new front tire, it is right on the wear mark. My last tire was a Michelin pure sport; I got just over 7,000 mi. on it. Has anyone (with a trike kit) gotten more ?
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 10:22 pm

I haven't put enough miles on my trike to really know. I still have the Pirelli Diablo on it that was there before I did the trike conversion. It was almost brand new at that time.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 6:05 pm

No trike kit. Later SW came with IRC tires. My front lasted 6,500 miles and still had 3/32 of tread but was noisy on turns so I replaced it, others have gotten more mileage from this tire. Trike not so much leaning should last beyond 7k.

Dealer seems to have the best prices on these , strange but true..
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 6:36 am

Since your scooter was not deigned to be trike, think side forces/extra weight---and no steering damper or different rake fork-----look for tire with high weight rating/speed rating of S or higher, or refer to trike maker for tire recommendation.
Back to top Go down
efinglada
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2020-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi to all
Soon I will have to put new tires on my new SW. In the front has Bridgestone Battlax and the rear a Pirelli Diablo
I see that some members also have different brand of tires in front and rear
In a motorcycle I have always installed same brand
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Pirelli Diablo is a good tire wear is good mine seems to be wearing evenly a little noise in turns. Tired a Diablo Rosso rear it is good tire but didn't last long and others have said front wore unevenly.

I'm currently running a Pirelli Angel rear but only 1,400 miles so to soon to judge how long it will last.
Oddly they don't make a Angel front for SW. 120/80/14 but they do make a rear in that size but not the same speed or load rating as a front SW tire and tread patterns are different front to rear.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:16 pm

Wife's Swing came with a worn out IRC front tire and I replaced it with a Bridgestone Battlax tire while waiting for the trike kit. Have not put much miles on the trike so I have no idea how many miles the tire will do, and the trike kit adds a bit of "weight" to the front end.
Back to top Go down
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 1:45 pm

On my SW-T600 was before Michelin Power Pure in front and rear was Pirelli Diablo. I didn't liked that combo. Michelin was poor because it was so sensitive for road grooves. I bought Bridgestones Battlax SC2 to the front and rear and I liked very much. Smooth riding now. I've been driving now about 8500 km and tyres are very little worned. I think that Pirelli Diablo is little bit better than Bridgestone Battlax because the tire body is harder. I think it's better suited for sporty driving.
Back to top Go down
efinglada
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2020-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 5:32 pm

What surprises me is using different brand of tires in front and rear; (in theory) both from the same manufacturer would be a better match
BTW I have never seen a SW trike!
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 2:11 am

In the good old S of Africa we only have 2 makes available - mostly it's whatever you can get if anything? But in 200K worth of riding the Swings; I have found a Mitchelin Power Pure for the back and a Pirelli on the front to be best of a dud lot.
A Mitchelin tyre follows road groves on the front (whoa) and Pirelli wears out too quickly on the back. Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need new front tire   Need new front tire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need new front tire
Page 1 of 1