Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Roller sizes

Go down 
+3
The Bern
GHM-PM
docjones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 2:11 pm

With the exception of roller weight are all rollers the same size?
I'm talking about height and width. So are the rollers in a Honda Ruckus the same height and width as the ones in a Silver Wing?
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 am

I have no idea and not sure why it matters? the Silver Wing rollers are about 20 bucks for a set so... Most people get DR Pulley sliders so they can change the weights and hence the performance. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 am

docjones wrote:

So are the rollers in a Honda Ruckus the same height and width as the ones in a Silver Wing?

In a word ..... NO

Ruckus 16 x 13
Silverwing 600 28 x 20
Back to top Go down
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanks The Bern. The reason I ask is because I'm not really sold on Dr. Pulley Sliders GHM-PM. If they were so great why hasn't Honda started using them. I have some left over rollers from a Reflex and a big Ruckus. They both use 6 rollers each, the Swing uses 8. And if you check GHM-PM the prices for Honda rollers is all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 11:18 pm

docjones wrote:
The reason I ask is because I'm not really sold on Dr. Pulley Sliders GHM-PM. If they were so great why hasn't Honda started using them. [Snip]

Probably for much the same reason that Silverwings don't come equipped with Givi Air Flow windscreens from the factory.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 7:40 am

docjones wrote:
Thanks The Bern. The reason I ask is because I'm not really sold on Dr. Pulley Sliders GHM-PM. If they were so great why hasn't Honda started using them.

If you search the archives on here you will find that I am not a huge fan of sliders. I replaced my rollers with the sliders and did not see enough difference to justify the price difference. UNLESS you want to change the performance levels. I chose the 28g
sliders to be as close to stock as I could go. I am happy with the stock Silver Wing performance levels. But if the sliders crap out I will likely switch back to rollers as they are less than half the price...
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2017-05-03

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 3:09 am

Dr Pulleys have many variations of weights for modifying Swing performance. They accelerate more smoothly.....and they last at least 3 times longer.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
docjones wrote:
The reason I ask is because I'm not really sold on Dr. Pulley Sliders GHM-PM. If they were so great why hasn't Honda started using them. [Snip]

Probably for much the same reason that Silverwings don't come equipped with Givi Air Flow windscreens from the factory.

The Givi Airflow was developed years after the Silver Wing came onto market, and as rubbish as the OE screen is, I've seen far more Silver Wings on the road at home or abroad with stock screens than Airflows.

It's the same when you look at used Silver Wing For Sale ads, they've nearly all got OE screens. Unless like me the owners taken off the Airflow and put the Honda screen back on.

In eight years of Silver Wing ownership I never had the slightest interest in adding any Dr Pulley bits, as bog standard performance covered all my needs. So it'll be no surprise I'm leaving my 2018 Forza 300 alone too.

I'm of course changing yet another mediocre Honda OE maxi screen, as Givi have finally got the D1166ST screen into production for the Forza. It's a replacement for an electric height adjustable screen, and I'll move my Wunderlich wind deflector onto it too.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1553
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

I've mixed feelings about rollers and the screen.

I've put a GiVi214 screen on and I'm not sure. The wind noise seems to be less and buffeting not so severe. I do feel that suction towards the screen depending on wind direction. Overall, I think it's an improvement, it keeps the rain off my visor.

I put 26g rollers in my standard variator. I've noticed a smoother, quicker accleration when I'm solo but with the Bird on the back, it's a bit sluggish and vibrates a lot at low speed.

I wish I had the cash to try a host of 'mods'. I'm sure the perfect solution is out there.

I'm enjoying my SW as it is now so I'm going riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roller sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roller sizes   Roller sizes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roller sizes
Page 1 of 1