Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My journey AWAY from the SilverWing
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 8:22 am

» Dangers of too much Copper Grease
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 7:10 am

» My journey to the SilverWing
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 11:26 pm

» Checking dipstick with trike kit
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Silverwing600 Google Map
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby arskal Yesterday at 3:20 pm

» Security chains
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby DaveTheBear Yesterday at 2:30 pm

» Hi all, another new member in the UK
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Yesterday at 2:08 pm

» New member intro...
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 12:16 pm

» Decided to get a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 9:02 am

» Maxi-Scoots Meet-Up - Otsego Lake NY, Sept 10-15, 2019
How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeby Delray Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How the Internet started.............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2015-08-12

How the Internet started............. Empty
PostSubject: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 pm

In ancient Israel, it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a healthy young wife by the name of Dorothy (Dot for short). Dot Com was a comely woman, large of breast, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she was often called Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why dost thou travel so far from town to town with thy goods when thou canst trade without ever leaving thy tent?"

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?"

And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale, and they will reply telling you who hath the best price. The sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever having to move from his tent.

To prevent neighboring countries from overhearing what the drums were saying, Dot devised a system that only she and the drummers knew. It was known as Must Send Drum Over Sound (MSDOS), and she also developed a language to transmit ideas and pictures - Hebrew to The People (HTTP).

And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Sybarites, or NERDS. And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to that enterprising drum dealer, Brother William of Gates, who bought off every drum maker in the land. Indeed he did insist on drums to be made that would work only with Brother Gates' drumheads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others." And Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel , or eBay as it came to be known. He said, "We need a name that reflects what we are."

And Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators."

"YAHOO," said Abraham. And because it was Dot's idea, they named it YAHOO Dot Com.

Abraham's cousin, Joshua, being the young Gregarious Energetic Educated Kid (GEEK) that he was, soon started using Dot's drums to locate things around the countryside.

It soon became known as God's Own Official Guide to Locating Everything (GOOGLE).

That is how it all began. And that’s the truth.

I would not make up this stuff Wink
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 12:49 am

ROFLMAO!!!
That was great and I'm going to borrow it. If it's OK with you terrier.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:04 am

That is just GREAT!!!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 am

I feel so enlightened !!!!

Jay.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 am

Dale N. wrote:
ROFLMAO!!!
That was great and I'm going to borrow it. If it's OK with you terrier.

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 pm

OMG. I am so happy to know the real story.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1696
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: How the Internet started.............   How the Internet started............. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 11:05 am

I love it...
Back to top Go down

How the Internet started.............
Page 1 of 1