Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

is this variator tool suitable for the SW?

Go down 
+3
DickO
Cosmic_Jumper
Ze'ev
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ze'ev
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-14

is this variator tool suitable for the SW? Empty
PostSubject: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 9:32 pm

*Maximum Jaw Opening: 100mm (pin to pin centers)

*Pin Sizes: 9mm and 6.5mm

*Total Length: 300mm (Approx.)

*Quantity: 1pc
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? Screen10

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spanner-Wrench-Variator-Flywheel-Clutch-Universal-Holder-Tool-Scooter-Motorcycle/264064428007?hash=item3d7b7767e7:g:g2AAAOSwBqZb~172:rk:41🇵🇫0
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 11:26 pm

Short answer is, yes.

If you already have the tool or access to one, then use it. However there are several posts here with plans for inexpensive DIY variator holder tools which don't require 3 hands to use effectively.

Tim

https://www.silverwing600.com/t10801-belt-removal-tool?highlight=Variator+tool
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm

CJ's right... so many of us have made the same thing out of a length of wood and a couple of stationary screws. Someplace on this site (maintenance ?) should be pattern you can follow and save some money possibly. Good Luck !!
Back to top Go down
Ze'ev
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-14

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks guys,I'll probably go with this method- is this variator tool suitable for the SW? Holder10
Back to top Go down
agreat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Looks like you've picked the right tool for the job!!

I tried making one but the center nut was on so  tightly everything home made broke (wood splintered, bolts bent) in the end I bought the proper tool which worked.
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

I whipped one out in the my shop a couple weeks ago. Used a piece of oak along with a couple bolts and it was ready to go. Got the job done.
Back to top Go down
Dibber
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dibber

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-07-06

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:03 pm

I used a 1”x3” board (pine). It is 30” long it could be shorter but not much. I used 2 - 8mm bolts 2” long. I drilled a bolt hole ahold big enough to invert a 17mm socket and then another bolt hole. See pictures.
Back to top Go down
Dibber
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dibber

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-07-06

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 7:35 pm

is this variator tool suitable for the SW? Image11
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? Image12
is this variator tool suitable for the SW? Image10
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm

In regards to the original question, yes the Fleabay offering works fine.
I have it opened fully and have a 1 ft long pipe for leverage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this variator tool suitable for the SW?   is this variator tool suitable for the SW? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is this variator tool suitable for the SW?
Page 1 of 1