Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Silver Wing rider from Poland

Go down 
+8
bikehiker
EvilTwin
Dale N.
cotetoi
oldwingguy
Cosmic_Jumper
Scootypuff Snr
MagpieMan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MagpieMan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-12-13

New Silver Wing rider from Poland Empty
PostSubject: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 5:37 am

Hi everyone,
I am from Poland, Warsaw. I bought a 2006 Honda Silverwing in August 2018. She has 39.000 km, [approx. 24,000 miles] and I paid 1.800 USD which was a reasonable price in my opinion. She is in a very good condition. I have only changed a belt at Honda dealer; this year the seller changed the oil and filer. Anyway, I am quite happy. I have installed GPS mount thanks to your forum, where I have found valuable information how to do it.
At present I have also a Yamaha XJR 1300 and Harley Street Bob. For many years I have been travelling by motorbike to various European countries. I visited Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Denmark, Sweden, Lithuania, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, Bielarus etc. Because I turned 61 I feel that I need a polite, docile bike with automate gear box, and Honda is pretty docile comparing to Yamaha XJR. The latter is by the way the loveliest bike I ever ride and she will be with me to the end [her or mine, or both, as the case may be]. Honda is much more relaxed ride and at my age it fits me perhaps better. In 2019 I plan to go on Honda to Albania, Serbia and Montenegro, approx. 4000km [2.500 miles] ride both ways.
I am lurking in Honda forum every day and always find interesting and valuable posts and information. Thank you very much.

New Silver Wing rider from Poland My_hon10
Attachments
New Silver Wing rider from Poland AttachmentHonda.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(268 Kb) Downloaded 8 times

Last edited by MagpieMan on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a picture)
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 6:07 am

Welcome Magpieman,
That's an extensive range of Europe visited & your opinions of the XJR are seconded (shame killed off by euro 4).
Looking forward to hearing more about you silverwing exploits
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 7:53 am

Hello MagpieMan. Thank you for your polite introduction. Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking Silverwing you have. And, at 39000km, it is almost a baby. Please keep us posted on your travels and send photos too.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 8:22 am

Welcome from o-HI-o Magpieman it sounds like traveling is no stranger to you the S'Wing will serve you well.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Welcome, Magpieman. That's some extensive touring you have done ! I wish I had done half the countries you have ridden in ! Your SWing will do well and demand less of you. Enjoy.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Magpieman. Sounds like you do a lot of touring on two wheels. Nice looking SWing! I have an 08 Swing that I had converted over to a trike this past winter and got used to riding it over the summer. Now it just sits in the garage with both of us waiting for warm weather once again when we can both enjoy being on the road.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Welcome Aboard. I like that bike in silver, very pretty.   It is a very relaxed ride in my opinion. I envy you all your travels there, I would love to be able to tour that much.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 7:49 am

Welcome, MagpieMan. You made a good purchase. It seems you are already enjoying the comfort difference with an automatic transmission bike.

Great travel and motorbike experience you have!

I am also Polish, but growing up in America, know few Polish words. Congratulations to your excellent use of the English language.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Welcome to the best SW forum. Nice scooter enjoy new ride.

Ride it. " All your life will ever be is all you do and all you see"

'
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 7:12 am

Welcome also! Sounds like you are a true rider! These scoots were made for the long haul. I have made many trips on my Wing and hope to make more. This was my first scooter purchase (been riding motorcycles for many years) and I am still amazed how comfortable it is...
Back to top Go down
nooner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, MagpieMan! Your Swing looks like it's in terrific shape and, at 39K, just broken in. It also looks like you have already planned some great touring for the season ahead. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Hi Magpie man, welcome to the site from Arizona. I have a black, 2011 and love it. I am at 16000 miles and will have dealer change belt shortly. I hope to do a ride this spring. IM envious our your European location for great riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Silver Wing rider from Poland   New Silver Wing rider from Poland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Silver Wing rider from Poland
Page 1 of 1