Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New(ish) Member

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaft
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Evenin all

I've actually been a member for a few months, but haven't posted until today.

I've been riding on the road since the day of my 16th birthday and have had a bike ever since; as that was in 1981, I'm not exactly new to biking, but I am new to the ways of the Silver Wing, having bought mine this last April.

As I haven't had anything much smaller than a 750 since about 1983 and my only experiences with scooters have been relatively brief, I was a little bit apprehensive about getting it, but this one came up at the right price, so I thought I would give it a go and, so far, I've been very impressed.

Anyway, hopefully I will continue to enjoy the experience, especially with the help of this little community  Smile

(BTW, have a look at my post in workshop, if you know anything about regulators Ta)
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New(ish) Member 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

welcome welcome welcome

If you started riding in '81, you should have a lot of experience/experiences to add to the forum, even if you are a young whippersnapper. Laughing
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 am

Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledge on here. I too was surprised by the Silver Wing, not your mothers 1950-1960's Lambretta eh?
Back to top Go down
Shaft
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Welcome to the forum!  Lots of knowledge on here. I too was surprised by the Silver Wing, not your mothers 1950-1960's Lambretta eh?

My Mother had no experience of any sort of bike, but during his National Service, my Dad used to get a lift from his nephew back to his RAF base, on the back of a Black Shadow Cool

In fact, of the whole of my extended family, only two of my cousins were ever into bikes: one used to use a CD200, then a CX500 to commute to work (he hasn't so much as swung a leg over a bike in more then 30 years) and the other made enough of a living building award winning choppers, to emigrate to Australia about 15 years ago and I haven't heard from him since.

I did try to get my older Brother into them, by getting and rebuilding a pair of C90s and teaching him how to ride, but it didn't really work out, so I remain the only biker known to existing family group
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New(ish) Member
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: