Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Share | 

Speedometer keeps going out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Speedometer keeps going out    Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:27 am

lately the speedometer keeps going out and will start working has a wire short somewhere and 2 times in the last 6 mons the engine has cut out but only for 1-2 seconds leads me to think theres a bad connection in the ignition circuit somewhere, not sure if the 2 are related as they dont happen at same time.

so my Question is where is the speed sensor located? and any thoughts on why the motor had 2 flutters
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2818
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer keeps going out    Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 am

Speedometer sensor is located at the rear wheel and is mounted on the final drive housing. Check for a frayed wire along the top of the belt case.

Check the ignition coil, high tension wires, and spark plug caps.
Back to top Go down
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer keeps going out    Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:50 pm

ty i think you are talking about the very rear of the gear housing in the FD its bolted on i remember seeing it when i replaced the bearing .. and that wire i found it shorted out when i did all that work and repaired the fray will look at it again i did not put it back where it was inside the belt housing i laid it across the top and used zip ties. as for the flutter will do as you suggested it did it again a bit ago under acceleration so i paid close attention to its action it did not stop till i decelerated and hit the gas again ... so your suggestion that it could be plugs or ignition wires sounds well founded will let you all know.
Back to top Go down

Speedometer keeps going out
Page 1 of 1