Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie In Maine

Go down 
+2
sc00ter
Mark419
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark419
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-08-08

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 am

Greetings from Maine! I'm a new SW rider. A young 64 Smile , tried a few times over the years to get my motorcycle license but just couldn't get the hang of working the clutch. Finally found a class that allowed me to take the required course on a Honda PCX 150. Rode a season (they're kind of short up here) on that one and  then moved up to a Forza 300 ABS. My goal was always to work my way up to a Silver Wing and was hoping I might eventually find a black one. To my surprise, I managed to track one down in a warehouse in California, a brand new - still in the crate - 2013 600 ABS. Needless to say I grabbed it! Had it shipped to Maine and assembled by my local dealer. So, long story short, I made the big leap from my 300 to the heavier, bigger 600 sooner than expected. I'm a little guy, 5' 3" and about 167, so some things are a challenge, like pushing it! Thankfully I can flat foot it with my thick soled riding boots. Still can't, after following countless videos and advice, manage to get it up on the center stand. Really don't like the stock wind screen, top falls right in my line of sight and I find looking through it distracting, so ordered a GIVI Airflow. Hopefully I can use it either in the lowest position or without the top section all together to solve that issue. Much more comfortable with a short one, like the Forza. I'm also going to replace the stock IRC tires with Pirelli Diablo's as they seem highly recommended for good grip on cornering. Have to admit that I was somewhat intimidated at first but am slowly but surely getting more confident!
Attachments
Newbie In Maine AttachmentSilver Wing2.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(159 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

Welcome aboard! Lucky dog finding a new one! Best I could do was 07 with 26,000 miles. Still a Swing so I know its a quality ride.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 11:42 am

Welcome from o-HI-o, you found a great site and and new scoot to boot Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Newbie In Maine 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 pm

welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Welcome Mark to the best SWing site on the net. Lots of people here reading and willing to help.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Hey, Mark, I am just up the road from you, on the I 95 , onto the airline #9 and you'd be in New Brunswick. That's a fine looking machine you got there.
Like yourself, I share the same specs, besides the bike; 5'3" and 155 lbs. I did find it a bit tall and top heavy, but with time and my second one, I am more comfortable with it.
As for heaving it up on the centerstand: practise makes perfect.
Here it goes: level ground, left hand on the bars, leave brakes alone, right hand on the grab bar. Make sure your handbrake is off. Step on the centerstand footpad. When its left foot touches the ground, push the bike gently away from you till you feel the right foot make contact. That's your cue to step right on it and bring your weight to bear. Your brakes are off, the bike just rolls backwards and the next thing you know it is on the centerstand.
If the right foot doesn't make contact it could become a dangerous situation; you are off balance and cannot get the bike up. I leave my sidestand down for safety sake, in case I slip or what. Your thick-soled riding boots give good protection and grip. Never use bedroom slippers or sneakers to do this unless you have a small square of metal footrest pad welded on.

Practice makes perfect.

Welcome to the site.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie In Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie In Maine   Newbie In Maine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie In Maine
Page 1 of 1