Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Parking Brake Pad Installation ... H E L P !!!!
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Delray Today at 4:29 pm

» Honda shop maintenance
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby cube Yesterday at 11:34 pm

» Should I trust 13 year old tires or replace?
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby cube Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Rails / mounting for panniers
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby trunkmusic Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» Booster Plug
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Wing808 Yesterday at 4:51 pm

» Hi, I'm the newest member!
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby DavidI Yesterday at 3:50 pm

» New Hagon rear shocks jacked up and centre stand mod
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Yesterday at 11:26 am

» Newbie from London is here :)
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Wing808 Yesterday at 2:55 am

» Wanted used Corbin
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:40 pm

» Change of Seat Colour
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Repair complete, READ the labels.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Repair complete, READ the labels. Empty
PostSubject: Repair complete, READ the labels.   Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:47 pm

After my mishap with the foot slide I decided to replace the panel with a new one. Had I known how well I could repair the old I might have, aside I did repair it and will keep it just in case.

I found a product made by Loctite, epoxy plastic repair marked for use on our S'Wings.

I was afraid to apply to much pressure sanding as badly as it was cracked so I used a paint stripper with MEK, it did a good job and a little goes a long way, I applied it carefully with a Q tip and scrapped the loosened paint with a wooden sucker stick. Be careful this stuff is potent.
The epoxy contains methyl methacrylate so wear rubber or vinyl gloves. Nylon screening material for reinforcement was applied over the first layer of wet epoxy, after a half hour I applied another coat, may do a third in the morning.
Back to top Go down

Repair complete, READ the labels.
Page 1 of 1